“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 South County Road, Palm Beach, FL 33480   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here for a night with a in-house group event. Other than price I can't think of one complaint. Even got a free room upgrade without asking. Service and amenities are fantastic. I work for luxury hotels around Miami and this was my first time in palm beach.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I went with another couple to enjoy an adult weekend. The building is beautiful, the bar-lounge is great, as is the food; golf course very good and well maintained.
BUT the beach is a total fraud, the pictures in the internet are NOT real...and the service at the beach and pool are not good at all. And there was a construction we where not told about.
We were really disappointed about the BEACH

Room Tip: Partial view NOT good!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sonoma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed four days. I was here for a business conference but had a couple of afternoons to enjoy as well. This is a classic old place but I found it well maintained, it felt like a fine antique, not old. My room itself was very nice, although the view was of a roof top and vents so that was disappointing. But the room itself was lovely and good size. The first night I ordered room service and it arrived within 30 minutes and was very good. I was disappointed in the morning not to be able to find anywhere to have coffee near the beach but the Circle is a nice place for a meal (the outside resturant was being remodeled). Our Conference facilities were very good as was the food. There is a basic, clean, decently equipped workout room or one can pay $25 a day for the premier gym. I spent a couple of afternoons at the adult pool where all the staff were very pleasant and accommodating. I will admit the beach is a bit small but also well staffed. I have stayed at several other resorts of this type (for example the Broadmoor in Colorado) and found this to be on par with those. I would visit again. It seem to be kid friendly but also had spaces for adults only.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
New Port Richey, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

When I was going to be visiting The Breakers with my husband, who was attending a conference, I thought it would be nice to have family in the area come to visit. I phoned ahead of time to verify that there would not be a problem having my family join us at the pool/beach and that there would not be a limit since I had up to nine family members who might be visiting. The last thing I wanted was an embarrassing confrontation in front of my family. I was told that it was fine for my family to visit and that there was no limit on the number who could visit and join us at the pool/beach. I asked if there was any self-parking or if it was only valet parking and was told that it was only valet parking which was $25 per vehicle but which could be validated by showing a receipt indicating that at least $25 was spent while at The Breakers. We figured we would buy each family member a drink while out at the pool/beach to cover the cost of the parking. The morning of their visit I asked at the gate if I needed to notify them of my visitors or if my visitors just needed to give my name and room number. I was told they just needed to give my name and the attendant kindly pointed out a free self-parking lot which was available, room permitting. When my guests arrived I accompanied them to the pool/beach area where I was stopped and told that there was a $30 fee per guest. I was not happy about this considering I made sure to call ahead of time so that there would be no unpleasant surprises when I arrived with my guests. They called for a manager who said that he understood my concern regarding the lack of communication about the fee but since he could not waive the fee he would split it with me. There were six adults and one child so they only charged me for three of the adults. That was $90 plus $5 tax. I specifically stayed an extra night so that my family could visit with us after my husband's conference ended. Next time I will save my money, and meet my family somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, The Breakers is a beautiful hotel but in recent years the service has declined. The personal touch seems to be missing along with important information regarding fees. If money is if no consequence, by all means stay at The Breakers. If you like to know what something is going to cost beforehand look elsewhere.

Stayed August 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife used to g this nice property years ago ..
So we decided to go for a weekend.
She has described it as a romantic getaway. so I was looking forward ..
We arrived and found ourselves in the midst of screaming children - it was spring break!
Our room was fine, facing the beach, so we started to relax.
The next morning - we attempted to go a relaxing breakfast - and ended up waiting behind long lines of families and upset kids.
We could not find couple of chairs in the pool - they were all taken.
Saying that: We might have chosen the wrong time to visit?
The hotel is nicely maintained, and walking on the beach was magical.
The eateries are good.
Maybe we should try it again??

Room Tip: Get a room with a beach front.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ljubljana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We are coming to the Breakers once a year and obviously the Breakers is upgrading its facilities. Its slowly but it goes into the right direction.

However there is still a room for improvement:

- In the Circle they are serving (at the breakfast) two types of orange juices; regular and squeezed one (you need to demand squeezed one) which is rather embarrassing - since this is not a Motel 6 for god sake

- The Breaker manage to update chairs in the Ocean Grill restaurant, but not the tables ???
(I would like to meet that manager that approve the replacement of chairs but not the tables which are evern for Mc Donalds standards rather tired) ???

- Beach chairs and umbrellas (which are for free) should be replaced with more sophisticated models with a fibre that deflect heat

- Room doors allow each and every sound in the room (pls go to Hilton at FRA airport to see how the doors should look like for room +500US$)

- Breakfast food selection could be better and "uaauuu"... factor is missing

- Textile on chairs in the couthyard could be washed more frequently

- Breakers botteled water is purified (not spring) and simply doesnt taste good.

But in general the Breakers is kids heaven, and my daughter became a kind of addicted to Breakers hospitality and service. You will feel like you are home.

cons: - this is not the place the people that would like to enjoy evenings on the room balcony, or romantic for dinner outside listening the ocean
- some rooms could be tinny and with no proper view - so negotiate

pros: kids heaven, very clean, relaxing and top service,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The resort was beautiful as expected as well as the view of the blue ocean. We paid extra to get a partial view of the ocean which wasn't worth it because out of our window their was about 200 dragon flies and a view of construction men working on one of their buildings. Every staff member that we came into contact with was ridiculous nice, helpful, and catered to our every need. We didn't like that the restaurant located by the pools was closed Monday through Wednesday in the middle of the summer being that we were there from Sunday evening to Thursday morning. I'm not sure if that is typical or because they were doing construction. They also chose to clean the bar and restaurant area on a Wednesday afternoon with very loud power washers and other equipment...thought that was kind of dumb being that it was right next to the over 21 pool where people are trying to relax and avoid loud noises. Also, the maid staff just couldn't seem to get it right...they would come at 7:00am while we were still getting ready for the day and then they'd come back at 5:00pm when we were getting ready again for the night...maybe they need more help.

The restaurants on site were very expensive and not worth the price. I got two tiny fish tacos that came with no sides for over $20 at HMF. The free breakfast included was nice...it's not like a typical free continental breakfast you'd get at most hotel chains but a nice elaborate buffet. Also, drinks are very expensive when you're out by the pool which I guess we expected...$15 for a frozen drink that barely has alcohol in it. We did like that gratuity is automatically included in each charge on the resort.

Overall, there wasn't much to do other than lay by the pool and go to one of the expensive restaurants. Maybe due to the large size of this resort the activities just weren't as visible...not sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!