There is no question that it is a beautiful hotel and the staff is friendly but, perhaps because of its enormous size, it just feels a bit cold and impersonal, more like being at an institution rather than a resort if that makes sense. You are literally one guest out of thousands. Also, the place is unbelievably expensive - I don't mean the rooms per se, I mean everything there, the tennis and golf, the products in the shops, the food...prepare to pay 2-3x's what you would at other top resorts. Finally, our room was furnished beautifully and the bed was very comfortable but it was small and you could hear the TV in the next room and people talking, this was disappointing.
All in all, a beautiful hotel with very friendly staff (special mention to everyone at the tennis center who went out of their way to be helpful) but be prepared to pay up
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the island of Palm Beach amid 140 acres of picturesque oceanfront property, The Breakers is recognized as one of North America’s iconic resort destinations. Independently owned, this legendary resort has been completely revitalized to offer a paradise for couples, families, and special gatherings. Revel in a new tropical feeling at the glorious beachfront, play the greens, and enjoy the blissful spa, delicious dining, and incredible services energized by a genuinely caring staff, integral in helping you make fabulous memories. * Nine distinctive restaurants and five bars* A private beachfront oasis with five sparkling pools, bungalows and watersports* An oceanfront spa, offering moonlit massages amid Atlantic breezes* 36 holes of championship golf including the on-site Ocean Course and Rees Jones® Course; a golf academy* 10 lighted Har Tru tennis courts and instruction by USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals* 10 on-site boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer, Guerlain and Ralph Lauren* A family entertainment center and kids’ camp; 11 boutiques.* The Flagler Club, private club level with a private concierge and residential ambiance, Interactive Family Entertainment Center and Kid’s Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida