We stayed at The Breakers while visiting family in West Palm Beach, and were very impressed with the style of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. Despite its grand opulence it is not a stuffy place, unlike some 5* European hotels.
The check in staff were exceptionally friendly and efficient, and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a Club Room in celebration of our special occasion. I would certainly recommend a Club Room if your budget allows, as these are on a restricted access floor with butler service offering inclusive day and evening drinks and nibbles. Breakfast is also served in the lounge area outside the rooms and there is a terrace overlooking the grounds and Palm Beachin the distance. Unfortunately I believe they are removing the Club Rooms to make way for more spa facilities, which is a retrograde step, so get in quick before they do so.
The only downside of our visit was dining in the Seafood Bar, which was noisy with screaming badly behaved children and the atmosphere of a fast food joint. So we left after a starter and returned to the peace and tranquilty of the Club Lounge for late night drinks and nibbles.
In all a great experience of one of the historic grand dame hotels of Florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the island of Palm Beach amid 140 acres of picturesque oceanfront property, The Breakers is recognized as one of North America’s iconic resort destinations. Independently owned, this legendary resort has been completely revitalized to offer a paradise for couples, families, and special gatherings. Revel in a new tropical feeling at the glorious beachfront, play the greens, and enjoy the blissful spa, delicious dining, and incredible services energized by a genuinely caring staff, integral in helping you make fabulous memories. * Nine distinctive restaurants and five bars* A private beachfront oasis with five sparkling pools, bungalows and watersports* An oceanfront spa, offering moonlit massages amid Atlantic breezes* 36 holes of championship golf including the on-site Ocean Course and Rees Jones® Course; a golf academy* 10 lighted Har Tru tennis courts and instruction by USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals* 10 on-site boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer, Guerlain and Ralph Lauren* A family entertainment center and kids’ camp; 11 boutiques.* The Flagler Club, private club level with a private concierge and residential ambiance, Interactive Family Entertainment Center and Kid’s Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida