“Service terrific but beach eroding” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
The New Ocean Fitness
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Service terrific but beach eroding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Unfortunately the southern coast of Florida is being eaten away by hurricanes and rough sea. The large boulders put in place to quell that erosion are unsightly but necessary. There is still a good stretch of walkable beach south of the property. They are redesigning the lap pool and other of the five pools on property - they neglected to mention this when I booked.
Also, while the food quality is superb - especially the overwhelming and wonderful Sunday brunch - the menu needs an upgrade. The Oprah famous turkey burger is a shadow of its former self and there was not a Kale salad to be seen on any menu. Waaaayyy tooo much fast food burgers and fries and not enough salmon salad. Don't expect to keep your diet here.
The room was great with an extra empty fridge and an ocean view on the top floor with a balcony. Night one - glorious quiet with exception of ocean, then the family with a child and dog moved in next door. Video games until 11 pm and barking.
The spa, which is up next for a makeover, was undewhelming as was my massage.
In a nutshell, this is probably one of the best east coast beach resorts there is, but the managers should take a trip to California and see how the St. Regis Monarch Beach and Montage do it.

Room Tip: The rooms in the "old" section are smaller with side ocean views. We picked a king ocean...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

?.We were at the breakers aug. 22 23 24.the hotel the service was the best. The rest. Are awesome. The staff throuh out our stay are all well trained in all aspects.the pools are beautiful. The room we had was beautiful. The one pool person who we would like to say thank you to was joshua.he could not have been more polite and helpfull.there is one thing i must point out as a negative.our foom was on the 4th. Floor.in the hallway going to our room was a baby crib. It was brought to the attention at the front desk. The young lady said it will be removed promptly.it was there 3 days later.very tacky for such a classy place

Room Tip: The italian rest. Is very noisey.the steak house was perfect.if it is nice out sit outside the view...
L.I, Ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My family and I went to the breakers last week....2nd week of august and found the hotel to have a classic architecture.....totally gorgeous, clean, and boring. The childrens club was fantastic for my two young boys but the lack of "fun" at this resort left us bored. We sat by the pool and had drinks...not food. THE RULES at the breakers totally killed the experience for me. No eating by either the pool or the beach AT ANY-TIME! in my travels I have learned vacation is for relaxing and being happy not listening to rules from the "towel boys". I also felt the employees did not want to break a sweat. They lack the attention which I expect when paying such high exuberant prices. When paying 4 Season prices I expect 4 Seasons treatment....without anyone telling us where we can or cannot eat. A little uptight for me, id much rather Ritz or 4Seasons anyday
For

Room Tip: prem oceanfront is gorgeous
Greenville, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I took a short 3 day holiday at The Breakers Palm Beach. The property is a classic luxury property. From the moment you arrive you are amazed by the classic architecture and grounds. In a short period of time we experienced and enjoyed the on-site shopping; dining at both "The Top of The Point" & Flaglers Steakhouse restaurants, our relaxation pool bungalow as well of the attentive staff. We wish we had more time to play golf and tennis as well as snorkel right off the coast of the property's private beach. I would recommend this property for families, business travelers, romantic get-away, or just a break from the everyday destination.

We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ocean Front rooms are a must!!!!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with a friend for a 3 day weekend. We had massages, a private poolside cabana room with concierge, and we chose an ocean front room. It had a wonderful balcony! This was one of my all time favorite hotel stays and well worth the extra $$.

Room Tip: We didn't really need the ocean front view since it put us far back in this extremely large hote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay at the Breakers for the first time in early August. He attended a conference for part of the week, and I joined him in the later part of the week because the conference coincided with our one-year anniversary.

We were absolutely delighted with our stay at the Breakers.

Our room was a "Premium Deluxe Room," which meant we looked out on the courtyard. It was a spacious, comfortable room, and we had no problems with noises from adjoining rooms or the hallway. When my husband checked in, there was a problem with the toilet, but the hotel fixed it within hours after he called to complain about it. With the exception of one day, when our room was inexplicably not cleaned, the housekeeping was terrific - they even provided us with a small refrigerator (free of charge and without asking) for the beverages we bought for the room.

We had amazing meals during this visit. Our favorite was probably the Cajun Burger at the Seafood Bar (I know that makes no sense, but it's true). We also had crazy, small plates at HMF and loved every one of them. We had everything from sliders to chicken tacos, to a warm cheese dip. Room service was also great - we ordered breakfast from room service several times, and loved how much care they put into setting up a table in our room, providing a newspaper - just so much attention to detail that was never overlooked.

One of the highlights of our trip was renting a beach bungalow. We were at the "quiet" pool (south end, I believe) and thought that was so worth the money. Our concierge was fun and attentive, and when he heard it was our anniversary, brought us a complimentary bottle of champagne! We loved being so close to the ocean (three doors down), and having the option of cooling down at the pool or the ocean. Renting that bungalow was definitely a trip highlight, and will be something we do again.

We also had an "al fresco" massage (i.e., it was outdoors). It was a bit hot for this, but we were in a tower overlooking the pool and the ocean. The service was fantastic, and we felt great afterwards, but given the heat, I don't know if I would do an outdoor massage again under those conditions.

I also can't give enough praise to the staff of the Breakers. Everyone, and I mean everyone, deserved the 20 percent service charge that was tagged on to each bill. Honestly, they probably deserved more. We learned various staff members' names while we were there, and they remembered ours, too. So many staff members were professional and courteous. We were VERY appreciative of the way the hotel recognized our anniversary, too - free beverages, free chocolates in the room - all good.

We did notice a fair number of children there, but we didn't have any issues with them. There are so many "quiet" corners in this hotel, that we didn't have any reason to pay attention to the issues raised by others in this forum. Even the south pool was calm.

In sum, it is an expensive experience to stay at the Breakers. For us, it was a lengthy trip, too. But my husband I will remember our time at the Breakers with great fondness and happiness, and we have decided to return next year!

Room Tip: We didn't rent a room with a view and as it turned out, we didn't miss it. I'm sure an...
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I frequently stay at The Breakers for business and family vacations. Management and staff take hospitality to a whole new level. The multicultural staff and international guests make this a welcoming and hospitable destination. The rooms are luxurious, spotless and comfortable. I have enjoyed oceanfront rooms but also find the island view rooms have the most glorious sunsets (and cost less). There are dining options on property (most overlooking the Atlantic) and numerous within walking or a short drive. It is helpful to review the hotel's website, menus and prices. Insider tip: there are special deals in the area during summer months esp September (taste of the Palm Beaches).
We recently had a family vacation there celebrating a birthday. We were honored many times over! Very baby/child/teen friendly. Fyi: the Italian Restaurant has wonderful food but is located next to the children's rec area so it is noisy; not a quiet, romantic venue. Expect costs/fees to be
comparable to other resorts/ hotels of this caliber.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west are less expensive and usually have glorious sunsets!! Some rooms have all tile f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!