Unfortunately the southern coast of Florida is being eaten away by hurricanes and rough sea. The large boulders put in place to quell that erosion are unsightly but necessary. There is still a good stretch of walkable beach south of the property. They are redesigning the lap pool and other of the five pools on property - they neglected to mention this when I booked.
Also, while the food quality is superb - especially the overwhelming and wonderful Sunday brunch - the menu needs an upgrade. The Oprah famous turkey burger is a shadow of its former self and there was not a Kale salad to be seen on any menu. Waaaayyy tooo much fast food burgers and fries and not enough salmon salad. Don't expect to keep your diet here.
The room was great with an extra empty fridge and an ocean view on the top floor with a balcony. Night one - glorious quiet with exception of ocean, then the family with a child and dog moved in next door. Video games until 11 pm and barking.
The spa, which is up next for a makeover, was undewhelming as was my massage.
In a nutshell, this is probably one of the best east coast beach resorts there is, but the managers should take a trip to California and see how the St. Regis Monarch Beach and Montage do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the island of Palm Beach amid 140 acres of picturesque oceanfront property, The Breakers is recognized as one of North America’s iconic resort destinations. Independently owned, this legendary resort has been completely revitalized to offer a paradise for couples, families, and special gatherings. Revel in a new tropical feeling at the glorious beachfront, play the greens, and enjoy the blissful spa, delicious dining, and incredible services energized by a genuinely caring staff, integral in helping you make fabulous memories. * Nine distinctive restaurants and five bars* A private beachfront oasis with five sparkling pools, bungalows and watersports* An oceanfront spa, offering moonlit massages amid Atlantic breezes* 36 holes of championship golf including the on-site Ocean Course and Rees Jones® Course; a golf academy* 10 lighted Har Tru tennis courts and instruction by USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals* 10 on-site boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer, Guerlain and Ralph Lauren* A family entertainment center and kids’ camp; 11 boutiques.* The Flagler Club, private club level with a private concierge and residential ambiance, Interactive Family Entertainment Center and Kid’s Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida