“perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
glasgow
“perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I literally cannot fault this hotel. It's absolutely stunning, everything about it from the rooms, to the staff, to the food, are fantastic. I cannot think of a more beautiful hotel anywhere in the world. That said, the area didn't really do it for me. As a Scottish family stopping at the beach for a few days after a week at Disney, i'd advise those in similar circumstances to possibly try the key's, Naples, longboat key etc etc for a truer Florida beach vacation. Palm Beach is more a very exclusive residential beach town than a laid back, chilled beachy sort of place.
All in all, i'd return because of the hotel, and all that it offers, especially for families and those seeking a top end hotel. Expensive? It's all relative to what you can afford. I think it represents value for money and you can clearly see why the it costs what it does to eat and stay here. If you're visiting the area, it's a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Turkish first
Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The grounds and amenities earn 5 stars but the service was not up to par for this type of luxury hotel but the food was good . Rooms are small for such pricey accommodations. I was hassled about my reservation, being forced to temporarily hang out in my friend's room. We undressed and went to the beach from her room. After cocktails on the beach, we returned to her room and I was finally able to check into my own room. Little did I know that my gucci watch worth $2k was stolen from her room while we were on the beach. It was the only opportunity they had since that was the only time they were in our room, since we did not get turn down service any other time. I had to file a police report and their security said he'd "ask around and talk to housekeeping" but never got back to me re: the watch. I didn't realize until I returned home that it was not with my other jewelry in my luggage.

Room Tip: don't bring your jewelry or anything above costume jewlery, just not safe there.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Breakers is breathtaking from the moment you walk in. Every hallway, bathroom, ballroom and conference room are intricately decorated and each has its own unique feel. My husband and I stayed in a deluxe room. It was nice, but it was a little small. It got really hot in our room the first night, so we made sure to adjust the air before going to bed the remaining nights we were there. Our parents who had rooms there also thought their rooms got really hot at night. My husband's parents upgraded to an oceanview, which I would completely recommend. I forgot to request the upgrade and the hotel was completely booked the weekend we there, so we could no longer upgrade. The oceanview room they stayed in was incredible. It was room 5141. It was on the 5th floor and had a stunning view of the ocean with a balcony. All of the staff at the Breakers were friendly. The outdoor pools are incredible. They just keep going. I lost count of how many pool areas they had. There were also cute beach bungalows. We did not rent one for the day so I do not know how much they cost, but they looked extremely cozy. I hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean room above the second floor. The palm trees looked really high from the beach side...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kyoto, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'll admit it up front: I hate to visit Florida. Nothing about the flat terrain, the sea of high rise condos and endless strip malls appeals to me. But, despite my prejudices, I enjoyed this hotel.

Arrival is chaos. This is a large hotel with a small portico entrance awash in arrivals and departures - especially on weekends (weddings) and during conventions. Fortunately, it's only minutes from the airport. Rooms are well appointed and quite comfortable albeit unremarkable. Although furnishings were elegant, I wish they offered more accessible electrical outlets for computers etc. Common areas are stunning and it's easy to find a quiet and cozy nook to relax, or people watch. I spent several hours reading a book in solitude on a deserted outside veranda. There are a number of interesting shops. Food is surprisingly good for a hotel of this size. The beach is within steps of the hotel (I wouldn't want to be a guest durning a hard storm). This is a conference hotel. so expect to see hordes of folk wearing badges. Most rooms don't have straight-on ocean views, so don't expect one unless you've booked it in advance.

Room Tip: Avoid courtyard facing rooms, as the hotel hosts evening events there. As usual, higher floors are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have only stayed there on business but the quality of the service is always excellent even though there are usually 300 or so of us converging on the hotel for a business conference, not counting spouses. The food and the variety of food options are delightful. We love eating lunch on the veranda overlooking the ocean. The food they serve at the cocktail parties is always first rate. The rooms are nicely appoined. Any complaints are taken care of promptly. The large fresh flower arrangement in the entry hall smells and looks delightful. I would certainly consider staying there for a long weekend..

Room Tip: I believe a room with an ocean full is extra but it is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I'm a snob when it comes to hotels. I make sure I know where Im going in detail before I travel. This hotel lived up to all my expectations. A massive grand entrance that let you know "You've arrived!!!" The rooms were a good size with 2 queens and a roll out for my lad. Clean, comfortable with all modern furnishings. I love the idea of the bathroom mirror having a TV in it so you can watch TV in the shower. Not that I did but I like the idea of it anyway. The hotel has a few swimming pool areas and lots of landscaped gardens to chill out in. Direct access from the pool area to the beach and a few security check points where you have to show your room key to get past, keeps the riff raff out. The pool side bar was nice for dinner. Only negatives are that valet parking is compulsory and I like the freedom to get my car when I want it! Smoked salmon and capers for breakfast, loved it but they didn't cater for my 10 year old son who had a bowl of cereal that cost full breakfast price which is around $25. Use some common sense Breakers management!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed three days at The Breakers for a business conference.

Service was excellent, starting with check-in and the bell staff. Very high-touch experience.

The ocean-view room was modestly sized, not a lot of space between bed, dresser and table. The room does not have a desk, but the round table was OK for work needs.

The bathroom was very nice with a TV behind the mirror and lots of high end toiletries (smelled great). The bathroom had a tub/shower combination instead of a separate shower.

Housekeeping did a super job keeping the room and bathroom immaculate during my stay.

Enjoyed a great facial at the spa, but found the treatments to be pricey.

Why not a 5 star rating?

As fabulous as the staff and furnishings may be, this is still a very old building. You can hear people walking in the hall as well as in adjacent rooms. I could hear every word of the conversation of people in the hall - and they were not even speaking loudly. Someone in the next room was playing some hip-hop music loudly one morning - I also hear what sounded like construction noises coming from that room.

Also, the door between the room and bathroom would not stay open - it always swung shut which was annoying when trying to unpack or pack up at the end of the stay.

Would I like to visit again? You bet! (Will bring my headphones next time).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!