I just returned from a 3 day/ 2 night trip to the Breakers Palm Beach May 7. This place is truly amazing and we are already booking a July getaway. Like most other reviewers we typically stay at 5 star hotels when travelling (Ritz Maui, Ritz Cancun, Four Seasons, etc) but the Breakers is my new favorite!
Here are the pro's and con's: Rooms are perfect, clean, beautiful views (we even had an island view and loved the view of Palm Beach - chose this view to get a bigger room and glad we did so). Food is AMAZING!!! Highly recommend HMF!!!! It reminds me of one of my favorite tv shows, Mad Men...I expected to see Don Draper walk in at any time. Try the HMF roll and the Kobe sliders! Grounds are amazing, everyone is friendly. Love the shopping!!! Only at the Breakers do they sell a $250 straw hat for the pool / beach. They have a Lilly store, Ralph Lauren, and you can even buy a new pair of Tory Burch espadrilles!
Con's: EXPENSIVE!!! WE SPENT OVER $2,000 for 2 nights just on hotel and food alone (once you factor in flight and taxi to hotel we're looking at over $2,500. If money doesn't matter to you - then GO!!!!! Another con (to some), when we arrived on Sunday the place was SUPER busy... if you are looking for a romantic getaway be prepared to see lots of little kids running around. It personally didn't bother us - just don't expect an adult only hotel. One minor complaint - we never got a turndown service and had to call for more towels, toilet paper. For this kinda $$ they should do turndowns on the hour!!
BOTTOM LINE! If you have money, GO!!! This is place to see and be seen. You literally feel like you are in the 1960's Palm Beach era of pomp and circumstance. If you want to fit in don't forget your oversized sunglasses and chicest coverup.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the island of Palm Beach amid 140 acres of picturesque oceanfront property, The Breakers is recognized as one of North America’s iconic resort destinations. Independently owned, this legendary resort has been completely revitalized to offer a paradise for couples, families, and special gatherings. Revel in a new tropical feeling at the glorious beachfront, play the greens, and enjoy the blissful spa, delicious dining, and incredible services energized by a genuinely caring staff, integral in helping you make fabulous memories. * Nine distinctive restaurants and five bars* A private beachfront oasis with five sparkling pools, bungalows and watersports* An oceanfront spa, offering moonlit massages amid Atlantic breezes* 36 holes of championship golf including the on-site Ocean Course and Rees Jones® Course; a golf academy* 10 lighted Har Tru tennis courts and instruction by USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals* 10 on-site boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer, Guerlain and Ralph Lauren* A family entertainment center and kids’ camp; 11 boutiques.* The Flagler Club, private club level with a private concierge and residential ambiance, Interactive Family Entertainment Center and Kid’s Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida