In the class of the Homestead in VA & the Broadmoor in CO, this is an old large hotel that emphasizes service and a resort approach.
There were some posts on here that the service was spotty; I found the service very prompt and accommodating. I was here for a business conference, and ate all meals on site. Considering mass preparation and serving, the food was excellent. Breakers was large enough to accommodate our meeting of about 200.
Overall, though, the value for the price did not seem fitting. For this price range, for a personal trip, I would look at some other options nearby. There are other highly rated, smaller hotels that are not on the “breakers”, but only a short walk to the beach. Also, the beaches here are getting pretty short in some places, e.g, Phipps Ocean Park at south end of Palm Beach, the beaches were closed due to erosion from Sandy, that came thru 2 months ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the island of Palm Beach amid 140 acres of picturesque oceanfront property, The Breakers is recognized as one of North America’s iconic resort destinations. Independently owned, this legendary resort has been completely revitalized to offer a paradise for couples, families, and special gatherings. Revel in a new tropical feeling at the glorious beachfront, play the greens, and enjoy the blissful spa, delicious dining, and incredible services energized by a genuinely caring staff, integral in helping you make fabulous memories. * Nine distinctive restaurants and five bars* A private beachfront oasis with five sparkling pools, bungalows and watersports* An oceanfront spa, offering moonlit massages amid Atlantic breezes* 36 holes of championship golf including the on-site Ocean Course and Rees Jones® Course; a golf academy* 10 lighted Har Tru tennis courts and instruction by USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals* 10 on-site boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer, Guerlain and Ralph Lauren* A family entertainment center and kids’ camp; 11 boutiques.* The Flagler Club, private club level with a private concierge and residential ambiance, Interactive Family Entertainment Center and Kid’s Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida