We had a great trip to the Breakers (family of 4, kids aged 8 and 10). We stayed 4 nights in an ocean-front room. The hotel facility is beautiful. We were there between Christmas and New Year's, so it was quite busy, but the staff was very friendly and attentive. The front desk asked our kids names at check-in, and they remembered the names throughout the stay. Our room was large, quiet, very comfortable and had a spectacular view of the ocean from our balcony on the 5th floor. Hotel staff arrived each evening to make up the pull-out. We spent much of each day by the "Active" pool, which is right by short stairs to the beach. Lifeguards were appropriately attentive - and it was easy to go between the pool and the beach -- and always felt safe with the kids in the water.
We rented a car - but really didn't need one. Short, nice walk into town for breakfast and dinner. Our kids spent time at the children's activity center, which has a basketball court and playground, along with some indoor play areas. The kids also did a couple of the evening activities on the lawn -- glow in dark volleyball and soccer -- and had a really nice time.
Restaurants and service were all fine -- although we didn't eat dinner at the resort. One very small critique is that there is no outdoor restaurant or bar to eat/drink in the evening. Neither of the restaurants by the pools was open for dinner. The resort map mentioned an outdoor "tiki bar" on the beach, but I was told it was damaged in a storm and taken down.
Overall, a great family vacation (family voted this their #1 trip) - great room, pools and beach -- very relaxing, very kid friendly.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- The Breakers Hotel
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the island of Palm Beach amid 140 acres of picturesque oceanfront property, The Breakers is recognized as one of North America’s iconic resort destinations. Independently owned, this legendary resort has been completely revitalized to offer a paradise for couples, families, and special gatherings. Revel in a new tropical feeling at the glorious beachfront, play the greens, and enjoy the blissful spa, delicious dining, and incredible services energized by a genuinely caring staff, integral in helping you make fabulous memories. * Nine distinctive restaurants and five bars* A private beachfront oasis with five sparkling pools, bungalows and watersports* An oceanfront spa, offering moonlit massages amid Atlantic breezes* 36 holes of championship golf including the on-site Ocean Course and Rees Jones® Course; a golf academy* 10 lighted Har Tru tennis courts and instruction by USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals* 10 on-site boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer, Guerlain and Ralph Lauren* A family entertainment center and kids’ camp; 11 boutiques.* The Flagler Club, private club level with a private concierge and residential ambiance, Interactive Family Entertainment Center and Kid’s Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.