“Perfection and luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
KC
“Perfection and luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am wowed by this property. The rooms, the staff, the restaurants - everything is just perfect. And of course, the view is the best of all. The pools and the spa are gorgeous. It is southern hospitality at its best.

Room Tip: You just can't beat a room with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This property is absolutely lovely and has every amenity you could want. Unfortunately the service was just average from most of the staff, and the bed was the most uncomfortable I have experienced. I have stayed in much lower quality hotels with much more comfortable beds.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is very beautiful in any sense of the world. Quite a bit of work being done in the week of October I visited and the weather wasn't great, but absolutely first class. Beach is only downside, a bit small and full of rocks. Good for surfers, that's about it.

midlands uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a great 5 days at the hotel in October 2012, the weather was great and overall we enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately our daughter broke her wrist playing basketball but the hotel were very helpful and considerate. The hotel staff were great and we really enjoyed the beach bungalows. Breakfast was superb but the amount of building work going on was disappointing as we had booked long in advance and noone had mentioned that there would be major works going on. The beachfront restaurant that the check in staff recommended on arrival was a poor choice as all sea views were boarded up and you could not hear yourself think for the noise of a diskcutter!!

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed in The Breakers in two ocasions in July. In the second time I was supposed to go to another hotel in Miami, but I liked so much The Breaker that I cancelled it and stayed again. It is an expensive hotel, some things really unfairly priced like sodas, beer and other cocktails in the pool area, but in my case it did not affected my experience there.
The hotel is just gorgeous, really one of the most beutiful I have ever stayed. The room where breakfast is served is an attraction by itself. I can say the sevice is overall very good.
There many pools in the hotel and the beach very nice, most of the days there was almost no waves.
I really recomend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My family and I traveled to Palm Beach to attend a wedding at The Breakers early in October. The place is magnificent , the rooms spacious, and the property is very well maintained. The food is definitely not the highlight. The staff is very courteous and friendly but the service leaves little to be desired. I do understand that is was a holiday weekend (Columbus Day weekend) and the hotel was full but still at the rates that they charge I would expect a lot better service.

First, when we got settled in our room my teenage daughter wanted to take a bath, when the bath started to fill there was black debris coming out of the faucet and filling the tub. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone up. We left the hotel to go to a local pharmacy and when we returned two hours later no one bothered to come to fix the tub or the faucet. Fast forward, it was handled after another call to the front desk.

Secondly, the same daughter was napping on the bed and I noticed the bed was on an incline. When she got up I noticed how bad it was, we called the front desk and they told us they would be able to move us to another room but not until the next day (the day of the wedding) since they were full. They were able to fix the bed for the night by placing a board under the mattress.

Next day the family and I spent the day with friends by the pool since the wedding was not until the evening. I called the concierge from the pool area asking if they could go to our room and to get the clothes for the wedding and steam my daughter's flower girl dress and my husband's suit since he was the best man. I told them the wedding was in 4 hours and they said not a problem. After we left the pool area we stopped by the front desk and they told us we could change our room and for the inconvenience they were giving us an ocean view room, nice! The kicker is we only had 2 hours in which to get ready for the wedding. We got to our room to pack and found that they did not come and get the clothes to steam. The young man who they sent after yet another phone called saved the day. He made sure he found what room we were moving to and personally delivered the clothes with an hour to spare to our new room. Too bad I can't remember his name.

While I could understand maybe one or even two mishaps, I think three mishaps for a weekend stay is not the type of service I would expect from a hotel of this magnitude. My family and have stayed at other luxury resorts before and I guess I expected the service to reflect the grandeur of the property. This is not to say that we would not go back but we will not go back during a holiday weekend.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Thought I would write another review for the breakers since I recently went back with my year old son. (previously it was just my husband and I). The resort was still amazing and so kid friendly. The service was great and they really went out of their way to help us. There was some construction going on and one of the pools was closed but it did not interfere with our stay at all. My son was too young for the day camp but they have a playroom perfect for a toddler in the family center. We hired a babysitter from the resort for two nights and she was wonderful. Sans baby - we ate at Flager's Steakhouse and Echo. Both were great and the hotel shuttle takes you to both places. All of us went to dinner one night to Nick and Johnnys and had a nice meal. Very family friendly and good food. It is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the little downtown area with some other restaurants, shops and a super market. Can't wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: We had a classic suite and it was perfect for us
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!