“Outstanding in every way!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
The New Ocean Fitness
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Long Beach, CA
“Outstanding in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Came for a conference this week and can say that my stay was excellent! From the moment I arrived where I was offered a bottle of water waiting to register, to the room, to all the amenities, The Beakers is top quality! I travel extensively, and this has been one of my best stays. Thank you for making my stay so comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was just a beautiful hotel! The staff was amazing room service was quick and friendly and accomodating! The view from my room was spectacular. I cant say enough amazing things about this hotel! Will definetly return

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay at The Breakers. I enjoyed my stay but was a little disenchanted with the wait during check in however I understood as a conference was being held and the young man who helped me check in was very apologetic and helpful. My room was on the 3rd floor on the North side (I believe), I had a lovely and large room for it to be a "deluxe room” but had a horrible view. My girl friend's deluxe room on the other side of the hotel was not as large but had a great view. When my friend and I met up later that after noon to take in lunch we decided to inquire with concierge. The young lady at concierge was not very polite or helpful actually she was stand-offish, which I found to be very inappropriate. In my opinion concierge should be polite at all times. I decided it would be advantageous for us to ask a valet attendant for a recommendation. I believe the young man’s name was Brian; he was truly very helpful and recommended the Flagler Steakhouse and other restaurants both on and off the property. My fare was average, but I did not expect much as I did not order steak. The woman who waited on us at Flagler was very personable and attentive which was the true pleasure.
I went to all of the restaurants on the property and most enjoyed the Italian Restaurant which was surprising. On the evenings where I just wanted to be in the room I ordered a great lobster bisque and Lobster roll. I spent time in the shops at the Breakers and enjoyed the spa. There was a pool area that was under construction however it did not take away from the resort or ambiance. All in all The Breakers is a beautiful place. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you were looking for a place to relax or have family time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night celebrating our anniversary. We live less than an hour away but had never visited the property. We had a reduced Travelzoo rate, but we were upgraded several levels to a direct ocean view room. Our room was lovely in every regard. The view was the best, the linens were the best, the sunken tub was the best. The absolutely best aspect of this hotel was the impeccable service. Every single hotel staff person we encountered went out of their way to ensure our enjoyment. You can't say that about every luxury hotel you stay at even though courteous service is certainly expected at these type of resorts. So stay here if you get the chance. You will have a wonderful time.

Room Tip: The direct ocean view king rooms are located on the ocean side of hotel. There are only five stories...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Everything was great with my visit, except everyday our TV kept breaking. Instead of switching rooms or replacing the TV, we had to wait up to 30 minutes each day of our visit for a repairman. This happened every day, sometimes multiple times in the same day. Personally I've never had this problem at any hotel I've ever stayed at needless to say a 5 star resort.

• Stayed October 2012
Loudon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The experience was nothing less than what was expected. Even for a convention, the food was fantastic. All employees smile and are helpful. The showers near the beach had everything you need including bags for wet bathing suites and mouthwash. All round relaxing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Breakers is a magnificent resort with old world charm and extraordinary beauty. The public areas
are stunning, the service is very good and the food was tasty and fresh.
We were given a nice room (although small) loaded with amenities and conviencies. I especially liked the windowed shower that allowed for viewing the ocean while showering.
My one issue was the level of ambient noice we could hear in our room. A neighboring couple entered their room at 3 am and we were awakened as if we were roomates. We could hear conversations and their telephone ring along with their music. Dog tired later that day, we tried to sneak in a nap midafternoon in-between meetings. Again, it was difficult to sleep as we could hear vaccum cleaners, conversations and televisions. We loved the hotel but would request a quiet room next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if sleep is important to you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!