“Fabulous every visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Fabulous every visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

The Breakers....splendid beauty time and again.
From our first visit to the Breakers ten years ago to our most recent last summer we have never been disappointed. My husband and I usually visit this gorgeous hotel once a year and he stays there twice a year for business. We are never disappointed.
The service is impeccable, the ocean front rooms are lovely, well appointed, with beautiful views and balconies. The spa is wonderful.
The restaurants...I could write an entire reveiw on these alone.
The first time we dined at L’Escalier, years ago, they made us feel as if they had set up the entire restaurant just for us. The food and service were superb.
The Flagler steakhouse never disappoints...my husband has had many business dinners there and his guest always enjoy and even request to go to this restaurant when he is in the area. I've also enjoyed the food here.
The Seafood bar was wonderful. The seafood was fresh and they had the best mojitos we've had anywhere.
The Sunday brunch is one of my favorites in the U.S. It is beautiful and the food is wonderful. Not to be missed!
The renovations that they've done are beautiful. The beach bungalows are very nice and the pool areas never seem crowded.
The property itself is breathtaking. I never grow tired of walking through the hotel taking in the beautiful architecture and enjoying the gardens.
This resort is well suited for romantic trips/celebrations as well as family travel. The hotel is near great shopping as well as other dining options, art museums, and walking trails.
We are pleased again and again with this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Turkish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

After our wedding, my groomsmen all chipped in and reserved a suite for myself and my new bride on our wedding night. Cost was 1900 for one night was paid for by one of my groomsmen on his amex. Upon arrival, the front desk showed me the 1900 deposit on our bill and asked for another card for 200 more dollars for incidentals. On our second day of our honeymoon, i was shocked to see that the breakers ran my card for $1900.00, $2410.00 and $408.00 all at once as well as the 1900 on my groomsmans card. A week later they still have not credited back my card for my 7 hours we were there and have been pathetic about communcation. Not to mention, Eric in Billing is rude and had no intension of finding a remedy.

Way overpriced room, 5000 overcharge is fine with them........
Do not recommend, way overrated, and room is maybe worth 400 per night.

major disappointment.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

The hotel is classy is a grand old dame kind of way. Manicured gardens, perfect golf course, impeccably well mannered staff. We were upgraded to an ocean view and given an additional, and unexpected, 50 dollar credit. Perfect in many ways. The issue was that it really was not us. On one hand, it had the air of a perfectly appointed retirement home. The other hand was, if you are looking for pure luxury, golf, and a full full (and I mean full) program to distract the kids - this place really goes the extra mile. Of course this comes at a price. One last comment, best valet parking ever!

• Stayed April 2011
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I've stayed at a number of sublime hotels, in addition to lots meandering through the wasteland of mediocrity and a few true bummers. This hotel is what every great one shoots for: elegance, service par excellence, immaculate grounds and warm hospitality. The spa is heavenly and the restaurants marvelous. It was one of the loveliest experiences of recent memory. It is simply a well done hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
St. Louis,MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

This is just one of those hotels you have to go and see for yourself. It makes any Ritz or Four Seasons just seem like an average hotel. The service is second to none. I traveled here on a business trip and the facility was excellent. The common locations are great for business conversations and you never felt as if anyone was around. It seemed very private even though the hotel was near maximum capacity. The Flagler Steakhouse at the golf course is also a great venue. I agree with many of the other posts about the cost being outrageous. $30 for seafood nachos is a little ridiculous but this is to be expected when you pull up to a place this grand with nothing but Bentley and Rolls Royce parked out front. Overall, a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
NY NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

My fiance and I returned to the Breakers for a week-long stay the week before Thanksgiving, 2010. Thanks to the professionalism of the staff, the pool and beach area, and the wonderful food, we had one of the best vacations ever.

Our room had ocean views and the bed was super comfortable. The windows were partially operable so each night we slept with them open so we could feel the breeze and hear the surf. The bathroom was as large as a bedroom and we had a living area that was very comfortable, particularly since my fiance snores and wakes up in the middle of the night!

The grounds -- there are no words to describe how beautiful the landscape is here -- perfect for after dinner romantic walks and early morning strolls through the paths, gardens, along the sea wall and the very ornate and meticulously restored lobby.

The pool area is absolutely fabulous--we rented a cabana and then a bungalow near the tranquility pool and could not believe how utterly gorgeous the spot was. Robert and Amanda were two hosts who made us feel at home.

The restaurants run by the Breakers are a high point of each vacation we take. Top of the Point, managed by Jim Febraro, is beyond belief, with creative sushi rolls, seafood and delicious food with a view of the water. Echo, the Asian-Fusion restaurant, is a constant favorite. By the pool, we ordered some fantastic lobster and grilled shrimp for lunch--the food was so delicious we had to work up an appetite for dinner. The Flagler Steakhouse is one of the finest steakhouses I have ever been to. They now offer grass fed beef from a local source that is quite, quite good. The Circle Dining Room is a terrific spot for breakfast--Turabi and Devrim are two of our favorite servers--My fiance flipped over the omlettes and I couldn't get enough of the lox and cream cheese.

The man who runs the recreation area, which includes the pools, the beachfront, the kids' area is Carmen Carbone, who is personable and professional, and is always thinking about how to make your stay the best ever. My fiance is an avid fisherman and Carmen arranged for him to go out fishing. On top of that, he arranged to have the 6 fish packed and sent back to our home. I cannot think of one other hotel that would personalize a guests' stay to this extent.

Clients of mine mentioned several weeks ago that they were going to vacation at the Breakers. I emailed Carmen and asked if he could help make their stay enjoyable. He contacted them prior to their visit and suggested all kinds of entertaining things for their two children to do. They returned, glowing from a second honeymoon of sorts, and their kids had an incredible time, thanks to Carmen customizing their stay. The childrens' recreation center is like none other--with a huge aquarium with local fish from the coral reefs, pinball machines, a huge playroom, basketball court, playground and -- my favorite -- the resident tortoises.

My fiance and I have returned time and time again to the Breakers and seeing all the familiar faces of the staff is very reassuring. Some things in life are not guaranteed--having an incredible stay at the Breakers is! We just booked another trip in April and are already counting the days.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Had a wonderful time at this beautiful hotel. Loved the gorgeous landscaping,beautiful furniture and oriental rugs that just beg you to sit and relax and enjoy the scenery. The highlight was the water,,,coming from California where its always cold,,,the water here was like bath water. I had the pleasure of a VERY friendly manna ray that swam around, under and over me,,,,very definitely playing with me!! The friendly staff can't do enough and the rooms are very comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!