“Say YES to staying at the Chesterfield” 5 of 5 stars

Get More From Your Stay
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Say YES to staying at the Chesterfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This place is a real gem! The staff are so friendly and professional. The Leopard lounge restaurant is a must and their afternoon tea is with every $. This hotel is quaint and romantic. The pool is clean and quiet. The rooms are also nicely decorated and clean. I do recommend you stay in a King size room rather than one of their European queen size rooms... They're a little on the small size. Love, love, love this place!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I escaped the brutal winter in NYC with a four day jaunt to the Chesterfield Hotel in February. We really loved it! The staff was so warm and welcoming and the location was perfect for us - a few blocks away from Worth Avenue. We really liked our room, which was large and charming. We also enjoyed having breakfast in the outdoor garden and the food was quite good, served by a friendly wait staff. We look forward to going back again in the future!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have stayed here on and off over a number of years between house rentals in PB. I used to like it so much that a hotel maid moonlighted for me for a number of years at my rental home during the season. My most recent visit left me with the impression that a nasty contingent is running the ship. The owner lives overseas. Examples of deterioration: cold and unbending reception staff; poor quality room service breakfasts; surly maid; lousy wifi; indifferent staff that don't really care. The ultimate insult was when reception called after departure to say they were charging me for a missing robe. If I can afford their $500 nightly rate, why would I be interested in an old tatty bathrobe of their's? The hotel has lots of old fashioned charm but needs a senior management shake-up to arrest the deteriorating and
very palpable staff issues and overall attitude.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
ChesterfieldGM, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Peter T,

We regret to see that you had such a disappointing experience, and on behalf of all of our team members I offer my sincerest apologies. I am very concerned with this review and ask that you please contact me at 561-659-5800 or via email at nleclerc@rchmail.com.

The robes we place in the guest rooms are very popular and can be purchased in our gift shop. In the rooms we place a card stating that if you like the robe you can either take the one in your room and you will be charged or purchase one in the gift shop.

I can only hope that you will contact me so that I can personally discuss this matter with you.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I don't think the location can get any better (except if it was on the beach); but the rooms (and the restaurant) are dated. Make sure to walk the 2 blocks over to Buccan if you stay here. Best restaurant in Palm Beach.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ChesterfieldGM, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear SeasonedTrvlr,

Thank You for choosing The Chesterfield Hotel for recent visit to Palm Beach, and also for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

The Chesterfield was built in 1926 in the manner of an English boutique hotel and the property is registered as an historic hotel. We recently renovated all of our suites and deluxe rooms and will be updating the standard rooms in the coming months. I do hope you decide to stay with us in the future and can experience one of our newly renovated rooms.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I had our wedding at The Chesterfield Palm Beach a couple weeks ago and it was everything we could have imagined for our special day. Our catering manager/wedding venue planner and the entire staff who worked that day and evening went above and beyond to make it the perfect night for us and our guests. Our guests are still raving about every aspect...the intimate ceremony in the Pavilion room, the cocktail hour outside by the beautiful pool, the incredible food during dinner in the Leopard Lounge and the excellent service throughout the entire day and night. The hotel's pianist during dinner and the band during the reception were amazing....the dance floor was packed all night. We honestly couldn't have been more satisfied! Leading up to the wedding, we made various visits whether it was to ask pre-wedding questions, stop in for a drink by the bar, or have a sit down dinner. The service exceeded our expectations every time. In addition, the company I work for had its annual holiday party at The Chesterfield Palm Beach last year and with so much positive feedback on the excellent service and food, the annual holiday party is being scheduled at The Chesterfield Palm Beach again this year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I booked the beautiful 2/br suite for my 3 adult daughters and myself for our 'girls trip' last spring. While the beautiful Chesterfield Hotel is an experience in itself, the 2 'ladies' who 'welcome' guests at the front desk leave much to be desired. They were as stiff as the black suits they wore, and if there was a smile, we somehow missed it. Their 'uppity attitude' is certainly not what you're expecting from a 5 star boutique hotel, unlike the warm welcome you'll receive at the boutique hotel in Austin, where one of my daughters is employed. A highly rated hotel, especially a smaller boutique hotel, has the unique opportunity of making the experience memorable, whereas in a larger hotel, you sometimes feel as though you're just another guest.5

The wait staff was awesome, especially the gentleman who served us breakfast out by the pool as well as for room service~was his name Steven? He was 'older' and it was obvious he was aiming to please. The younger men were very courteous in our 'coming and going', helping with transportation.

The 'highlight' of our trip was our last evening in Palm Beach. Upon walking into the hotel one of the 'ladies' looked at us as though we were 4 'ladies of the evening', and asked if we were 'guests of the hotel'. Yes, it was late, and we were still giggling from our fun evening, but her words shocked us all, as did her rude manner. I have to add my daughters are a little older~35, 42, 49~and dress stylish yet age appropriate.

I can only hope the 2 ladies are no longer employed by the beautiful Chesterfield Hotel! The hotel deserves better!

P. Vinson
Austin, Tx

Room Tip: Pictures on the website don't do the suite justice! With the 2 1/2 baths, it was exactly what we...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ChesterfieldGM, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear mzpattycakes,

Thank You for choosing The Chesterfield Hotel for your visit to Palm Beach in March 2013, and also for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to hear your comments on the wait staff and will be sure to pass it along. I am concerned with your comments regarding the reception staff as I am accustomed to only hearing positive feedback. We strive to provide the best personal service possible at all times. I would like to assure you that this is not the standard of service we pride ourselves on and I do hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future, and invite you to contact me directly at 561-659-5800.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This year we decided to make a quick stop in Palm Beach for one night only, on our way home to New Jersey from Grand Cayman...mainly to avoid the hassle at Newark airport immigration. The Chesterfield had a King suite available , our 18 year old said that his pull out was the most comfortable night sleep he had all week! It was our first time but certainly not our last...we are returning next month. We have stayed at three other hotels in Palm Beach and this is our favorite. From the warmest greeting and hospitality to the most comfortable sleep...this hotel is a first class operation. The buffet breakfast included is really special with a delicious nutty homemade bread and fresh fruits and granola. When we return, however, I have to try the a la carte breakfast, the waffles and scrambled eggs looked amazing. We can't wait to try happy hour and dinner in March, there wasn't time last week. We will certainly be enjoying Chesterfields as our home away from home ...awesome place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear beffyEssexFells_Nj,

Thank You for choosing The Chesterfield Hotel for recent trip to Palm Beach, and also for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

I am so happy that you decided to stay with us before returning home. It is a pleasure to hear that you will make our hotel your new home away from home. We look forward to seeing you soon ~ and definitely join us for happy hour, it’s the best on the island!

Natalie Le Clerc

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!