“Exclusive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
New York City, New York
“Exclusive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Chesterfield Palm Beach is a GREAT property. Quiet and sophisticated, the hotel is a few blocks from Worth Avenue and the Beach. Charming and well appointed rooms and perfect service. A must stay for pleasure, business too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Keep Calm, Carry On. What a delightful experience and a throw back to old world hospitality. Walking in through the Euro styled outdoor sitting area into the hotel lobby, you knew this was special. The service is outstanding and warm. The staff go out of there way to make sure you are taken care of. The rooms are modest but decidedly UK inspired and proper. A great place for business or leisure.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great concierge made wonderful dining recommendations (Buccan) and brought in an excellent masseuse who can do your massage in your room or poolside. The hotel is in a quiet residential neighborhood only 2 blocks from Worth Ave or County Road where there are many fine restaurants and shops. Its also 3 blocks to the beach. The sheets and beds are so fine and comfortable, I felt I just slipped off to sleep. The staff knows your name as you come in and out and always trying to make your stay even better, without being intrusive. Their Leopard restaurant/bar had excellent food, life entertainment on weekends and fun dancing for an older (locals) crowd. There is no spa or fitness center, but they arrange for spa services to come to the hotel at very reasonable prices (far less than you would pay at a spa hotel, and they do not mark up the service (I wrote a check to the masseuse directly). There are 2 gyms close by but I am injured so did not use that service. The pool is a bit short for laps, but the jacuzzi is quite nice, especially with cool night lighting around the pool area.

Room Tip: They have different size queen rooms, so call ahead and ask for a larger one. It can get noisy next...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The outstanding customer service received from Sada, Tara and other front desk staff outweighs any small concerns I may have had. The first room we were placed in was located next to a work area on the 2nd floor and the noise was disturbing; however the room was nice and clean. The next morning, I mentioned the noise and was moved to the 3rd floor with a view of the pool... nice! Again, the room was so very clean and we enjoyed a very pleasant and quiet evening. The food in the Leopard Lounge/restaurant was delicious!! We enjoyed breakfast and dinner there both days and each time our meal was perfect. They also have entertainment. The location is just blocks away from Worth Avenue and the beach. My husband and I enjoyed the stroll down Worth Avenue then to the beach on both days. I will certainly return to this hotel again and again.

Room Tip: avoid room 221.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We loved the personalized service they provide. Sadie, the front desk personnel was very accommodating and friendly. We loved the location and the coziness of this boutique hotel. We even received a gift bag when we checked out. We had a very nice experience in this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay here. I was paying over $350 a night, and expected the hotel to be a bit more modern with not only the amenities, but with the people. The walls were paper thin that I literally heard the couple next door having sex from beginning and yes, the finish. It was like i was in college sharing a wall all over again. The room size in itself, we booked a queen size bed, it wasn't bigger than say... a 13x13 box with a shower/tub. The shower had horrible water pressure. I understand that this was a smaller hotel and an older one, but I felt that I would have gladl stayed at the other hotel not quite as close to the beach to obtain my "privacy."-if you know what I mean. The service was great, but I felt a little out of place because we were so young and they were all elderly. Felt like they judged me on that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
chesterfieldfom, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Chesterfield Palm Beach on Tripadvisor. I am very grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide. I was concerned to read that you were dissatisfied with your experience and it was not as you expected and that it was not as positive as that of others on this site.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disturbance you experienced, and the inconvenience you had to endure, as a result of the noise. Our standards require that we take immediate steps to curtail noise of any kind which might disturb a guest, regardless of its source. While it is not always possible to prevent incidents caused by other guests, it is incumbent on our staff to contact the offending guest and take whatever action is necessary to stop the disturbance.

The Chesterfield was built in 1926 in the manner of an English boutique hotel and the property is registered as an historic hotel. While our standard rooms have high ceilings, plenty of closet space, and marble baths, they are indeed small in size with regard to area.

I am very happy to hear that you thought the service was great but concerned that you felt out of place and judged. I would like the opportunity to further discuss this situation and invite you to contact me directly at 561-659-5800.

Francine Boissonneault
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding and it was all because of the hard work by Greg, his staff, and the indescribable atmosphere that The Chesterfield offers.

I can't even begin to describe my experiences at The Chesterfield over the past year while planning my wedding. The catering manager, Greg, was an incredibly integral part of planning my special day. As I visited over and over, bragging to my friends about this awesomely cool and unique spot, the staff was overly accommodating to us every time. The decor that was arranged for my ceremony was perfectly elegant. The cocktail hour was decorated to a tee with hot pink accents to add a little fun flair for a twenty-something bride and her crowd. The food at cocktail hour was plentiful, piping hot, and delicious! The Leopard Lounge was a perfect choice for my wedding reception. All I heard from my guests was how cool & unique & elegant the room was (and as a bride, there was so little to do... it is gorgeous all the time.) The dinner was awesome, filet & sea bass duo which was suggested to us by Greg. The best part was the singer & her accompanist who played fun, upbeat, current music. As a young Palm Beach professional, I've been to a lot of local weddings (and so have my guests), and this was so different than the typical hotel-ballroom/country-club that is so common. The feedback I received from my guests was absolutely 100% positive. My guests and myself & husband couldn't have been more pleased.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!