“Excellent customer service. Nice location, a few blocks from Worth Avenue!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Palm Beach

Special Offer
Summer Sizzler
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Palm Beach
Ashburn, Virginia
“Excellent customer service. Nice location, a few blocks from Worth Avenue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We loved the personalized service they provide. Sadie, the front desk personnel was very accommodating and friendly. We loved the location and the coziness of this boutique hotel. We even received a gift bag when we checked out. We had a very nice experience in this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

461 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Santa Monica, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay here. I was paying over $350 a night, and expected the hotel to be a bit more modern with not only the amenities, but with the people. The walls were paper thin that I literally heard the couple next door having sex from beginning and yes, the finish. It was like i was in college sharing a wall all over again. The room size in itself, we booked a queen size bed, it wasn't bigger than say... a 13x13 box with a shower/tub. The shower had horrible water pressure. I understand that this was a smaller hotel and an older one, but I felt that I would have gladl stayed at the other hotel not quite as close to the beach to obtain my "privacy."-if you know what I mean. The service was great, but I felt a little out of place because we were so young and they were all elderly. Felt like they judged me on that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
chesterfieldfom, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Chesterfield Palm Beach on Tripadvisor. I am very grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide. I was concerned to read that you were dissatisfied with your experience and it was not as you expected and that it was not as positive as that of others on this site.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disturbance you experienced, and the inconvenience you had to endure, as a result of the noise. Our standards require that we take immediate steps to curtail noise of any kind which might disturb a guest, regardless of its source. While it is not always possible to prevent incidents caused by other guests, it is incumbent on our staff to contact the offending guest and take whatever action is necessary to stop the disturbance.

The Chesterfield was built in 1926 in the manner of an English boutique hotel and the property is registered as an historic hotel. While our standard rooms have high ceilings, plenty of closet space, and marble baths, they are indeed small in size with regard to area.

I am very happy to hear that you thought the service was great but concerned that you felt out of place and judged. I would like the opportunity to further discuss this situation and invite you to contact me directly at 561-659-5800.

Francine Boissonneault
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding and it was all because of the hard work by Greg, his staff, and the indescribable atmosphere that The Chesterfield offers.

I can't even begin to describe my experiences at The Chesterfield over the past year while planning my wedding. The catering manager, Greg, was an incredibly integral part of planning my special day. As I visited over and over, bragging to my friends about this awesomely cool and unique spot, the staff was overly accommodating to us every time. The decor that was arranged for my ceremony was perfectly elegant. The cocktail hour was decorated to a tee with hot pink accents to add a little fun flair for a twenty-something bride and her crowd. The food at cocktail hour was plentiful, piping hot, and delicious! The Leopard Lounge was a perfect choice for my wedding reception. All I heard from my guests was how cool & unique & elegant the room was (and as a bride, there was so little to do... it is gorgeous all the time.) The dinner was awesome, filet & sea bass duo which was suggested to us by Greg. The best part was the singer & her accompanist who played fun, upbeat, current music. As a young Palm Beach professional, I've been to a lot of local weddings (and so have my guests), and this was so different than the typical hotel-ballroom/country-club that is so common. The feedback I received from my guests was absolutely 100% positive. My guests and myself & husband couldn't have been more pleased.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We loved the hotel. There were a few problems but overall it was a good experience. This hotel is in a beautiful area. You can walk out the door and have a lovely walk through beautiful neighborhoods, walk on Worth Ave. and walk to the beach. That alone is worth staying here. We were dissapointed that the windows could not be opened. We would have enjoyed the lovely Florida breezes. We had the bell hop try and he got maintenance. The service was very fast but the windows were made to not open. We had a fridge stocked with cold drinks. No charge for these. This was a Huge plus. The courtyard is beautiful and lunch was lovely! The pool was not heated and was another disapointment. It was beautiful to look at and we did enjoy the hot tub. All the service was exceptional! They made you feel like you were special and they were glad you were staying at their hotel.

Room Tip: We were shown a room with a lot of mirrors which we didn't like. We were shown another which w...
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights and it was totally relaxing. The hotel looks like what you would imagine a 1920's mansion would have looked. The hallways, doors and decor was amazing. The king suite had everything one could need in a room. The hotel library was a throwback to yesteryear as was the cigar lounge. The pool area was beautiful though we didn't use it. The location being 3 blocks from Worth Ave and the beach was perfect for a nice walk through a beautiful neighborhood. Edda was very friendly and extremely helpful every time we spoke to her. The entire staff went above and beyond any expectations we could have had.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We really had no expectations when we arrived at The Chesterfield. We knew very little about Palm Beach and both the island and the hotel blew us away - Palm Beach for its dripping-with-diamonds glamour and The Chestefield for it's genuinely friendly and thoroughly comfortable luxury. Granted, it is quite OTT for two 30-something Londoners who like to think of themselves as being reasonably hip, but somehow the-leopard-and-red-carnation-print carpet and gilded embellishments come together to create an old school atmosphere that left us feeling transported. It was the sort of place I can imagine my grandparents loving and citing as an example of how hotels used to be. The room was comfortable and we wanted for nothing-from warm cookies in the late afternoon to a newspaper (that we hadn't asked for) hanging on our door in the morning. The service was simply faultless - so friendly without being false or forced and we were so touched when we found a free slice of Key Lime waiting for us and personalised menus when they made us reservations at Charley's Crab. Little touches like that can really make you feel special. Perhaps the highlight for us was the bar - The Leopard Lounge. With live croon-y music every night and bar staff that are absolute experts at making natural conversation whilst mixing up a mean amaretto sour, it's the sort of place that we wished we had at home.

Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times this year, and a week at a time. This is a very cozy hotel with extremely nice staff. The rooms are bright and well equipped. Whatever they do not have in the room, the hotel will supply. The breakfast has great food, and in general the food is very good for lunch and dinners as well.

The most appreciation goes to the staff, that were the same during all my stays. They are extremely friendly and helpful.

We will be staying there again in the next several months and are already looking forward to it. Generally this hotel has a lot of value for the money. It is also close to Worth Avenue and a brief walk to the beach. I can definitely recommend this after staying in just about all Palm Beach Hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a bright corner room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!