“Wedding Review” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Palm Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Wedding Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding and it was all because of the hard work by Greg, his staff, and the indescribable atmosphere that The Chesterfield offers.

I can't even begin to describe my experiences at The Chesterfield over the past year while planning my wedding. The catering manager, Greg, was an incredibly integral part of planning my special day. As I visited over and over, bragging to my friends about this awesomely cool and unique spot, the staff was overly accommodating to us every time. The decor that was arranged for my ceremony was perfectly elegant. The cocktail hour was decorated to a tee with hot pink accents to add a little fun flair for a twenty-something bride and her crowd. The food at cocktail hour was plentiful, piping hot, and delicious! The Leopard Lounge was a perfect choice for my wedding reception. All I heard from my guests was how cool & unique & elegant the room was (and as a bride, there was so little to do... it is gorgeous all the time.) The dinner was awesome, filet & sea bass duo which was suggested to us by Greg. The best part was the singer & her accompanist who played fun, upbeat, current music. As a young Palm Beach professional, I've been to a lot of local weddings (and so have my guests), and this was so different than the typical hotel-ballroom/country-club that is so common. The feedback I received from my guests was absolutely 100% positive. My guests and myself & husband couldn't have been more pleased.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

465 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We loved the hotel. There were a few problems but overall it was a good experience. This hotel is in a beautiful area. You can walk out the door and have a lovely walk through beautiful neighborhoods, walk on Worth Ave. and walk to the beach. That alone is worth staying here. We were dissapointed that the windows could not be opened. We would have enjoyed the lovely Florida breezes. We had the bell hop try and he got maintenance. The service was very fast but the windows were made to not open. We had a fridge stocked with cold drinks. No charge for these. This was a Huge plus. The courtyard is beautiful and lunch was lovely! The pool was not heated and was another disapointment. It was beautiful to look at and we did enjoy the hot tub. All the service was exceptional! They made you feel like you were special and they were glad you were staying at their hotel.

Room Tip: We were shown a room with a lot of mirrors which we didn't like. We were shown another which w...
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights and it was totally relaxing. The hotel looks like what you would imagine a 1920's mansion would have looked. The hallways, doors and decor was amazing. The king suite had everything one could need in a room. The hotel library was a throwback to yesteryear as was the cigar lounge. The pool area was beautiful though we didn't use it. The location being 3 blocks from Worth Ave and the beach was perfect for a nice walk through a beautiful neighborhood. Edda was very friendly and extremely helpful every time we spoke to her. The entire staff went above and beyond any expectations we could have had.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We really had no expectations when we arrived at The Chesterfield. We knew very little about Palm Beach and both the island and the hotel blew us away - Palm Beach for its dripping-with-diamonds glamour and The Chestefield for it's genuinely friendly and thoroughly comfortable luxury. Granted, it is quite OTT for two 30-something Londoners who like to think of themselves as being reasonably hip, but somehow the-leopard-and-red-carnation-print carpet and gilded embellishments come together to create an old school atmosphere that left us feeling transported. It was the sort of place I can imagine my grandparents loving and citing as an example of how hotels used to be. The room was comfortable and we wanted for nothing-from warm cookies in the late afternoon to a newspaper (that we hadn't asked for) hanging on our door in the morning. The service was simply faultless - so friendly without being false or forced and we were so touched when we found a free slice of Key Lime waiting for us and personalised menus when they made us reservations at Charley's Crab. Little touches like that can really make you feel special. Perhaps the highlight for us was the bar - The Leopard Lounge. With live croon-y music every night and bar staff that are absolute experts at making natural conversation whilst mixing up a mean amaretto sour, it's the sort of place that we wished we had at home.

Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times this year, and a week at a time. This is a very cozy hotel with extremely nice staff. The rooms are bright and well equipped. Whatever they do not have in the room, the hotel will supply. The breakfast has great food, and in general the food is very good for lunch and dinners as well.

The most appreciation goes to the staff, that were the same during all my stays. They are extremely friendly and helpful.

We will be staying there again in the next several months and are already looking forward to it. Generally this hotel has a lot of value for the money. It is also close to Worth Avenue and a brief walk to the beach. I can definitely recommend this after staying in just about all Palm Beach Hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a bright corner room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

In a city filled with wealth and grandure, The Chesterfield is an Oasis for the traveler or someone who just wants to get away for a relaxing weekend. No detail is overlooked in their effort to make you feel welcome and comfortable. I travel to Palm Beach on business. I am on an expense account--I can stay anywhere I wish. I choose The Chesterfield because of its location which is a short walk away from Worth Avenue shopping and restaurants although The Leopard Room in the hotel is wonderful--try the stickey toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream--the best I've ever had. Be prepared to be spoiled.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, stay in room 200. There are windows on three sides and the room has the only...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Let me preface by saying we did not stay overnight, but we had our daytime wedding reception in the Leopard Lounge for about 75. Had eaten there for lunch many times before and the food was always fresh, hot, well appointed with excellent service. Well, the wedding was OVER THE TOP excellent with the food and the staff. We got calls daily for a week about it from our guests. The pricing is more than fair, the beautiful dining room needs no decorations, acoustics for dancing were great, and the food..everyone raved about the fresh hot bread on the tables, glorious menu put together by Greg and his staff, and on and on. Our guests had pre-wedding lunch snacks by the pool, also, which I was told were excellent (we were having our pictures taken during that part). We loved that we were offered a "kids menu" for our younger guests and even some of the adult guests were salivating over the gourmet chicken nuggets, pizza, and slider baskets elegantly served to the younger guest. We will be back for our anniversary!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!