“Our 4th stay here......” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3NIGHTS FOR 2
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Skillman, New Jersey
“Our 4th stay here......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

As indicated, we've been to the Chesterfield on numerous occasions. From the moment you walk in, until the time you check out, the staff are welcoming, helpful and friendly. Even small things like requesting an extra towel, or a cup of coffee in the morning, are dealt with in a pleasant but efficient manner, that just makes the stay enjoyable. Also, for those so inclined, the Happy Hour in the Leopard's Lounge is good. The music is usually high quality, the drinks and snacks are good value, and the service continues to be affable. (It's an older crowd overall, but that doesn't in anyway hinder the enjoyment of the bar.) The hotel is in a great location, with an easy walk to restaurants and shops. It looks like they are updating parts of the hotel, so a good place will be getting even better! Overall excellent value for the money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Ft. Myers Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Our suite was beautiful, 2 bathrooms, lots of closet space, complimentary soda, juice, water from refrigerator, robes, 2 flat screen TV's, discount in dining room. We enjoyed the separate living room that had free wi-fi, several magazines, and comfortable furniture. We were treated like royalty. Goodies were put in our room with an anniversary card. Dinner in the Leopard Lounge was delicious. We were again treated to a special anniversary dessert. The employees couldn't do enough for us. The location is perfect, walking distance to Worth Avenue and many restaurants. We even walked to the beach. The Ocean Boulevard drive is amazing. Mansions by the dozens. It was a wonderful stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: The hotel was very quiet, I didnt see any areas that would be noisy.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The Chesterfield Palm Beach is a lovely historic hotel. Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by Josh, the valet, who greeted us each time we saw him. Hospitality is evident throughout The Chesterfield. You are pampered beginning with fresh cookies and jelly beans waiting in the lobby to your room itself. Our room (202) was a warm and inviting king suite with colors of coral and cream. We were greeted with a plate of strawberries, cookies and an apple. Our suite had plenty of closet and drawer space. We had a cozy sitting area with a couch, a desk and a mini refrigerator, filled with complimentary drinks, which overlooked the relaxing pool area. The roomy bathroom had fragrant Gilchrist & Soames’ toiletries and robes. The bedding was certainly comfortable. Each night’s turndown service brought a couple of decadent Godiva chocolates and a weather forecast for the next day.
The hotel is filled with English charm from the library to the Leopard Lounge. We did not have time for the traditional English afternoon tea this trip but hope to next time. We thoroughly enjoyed time in the Leopard Lounge each evening! We enjoyed the company of several local residents that come to dance and hear the pianist, Andy, sing.
On our anniversary we decided to enjoy the romantic dinner special. It was fabulous! We were also given complimentary champagne. Our package included an English breakfast each morning and the food was wonderful each day.
The Chesterfield is a central location close to Worth Avenue and the beach. It really is the only place to stay in Palm Beach if you wish to experience the quant, charming and luxurious comfort of a historic boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Florida residents receive a 15% discount on food and beverages.
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Starting with a complimentary glass of sherry, fruit, candy, and cookies at reception you will feel at home here. Located just two blocks from Worth Ave it's a great location. Pool, bar, restaurant, bar, cigar room, and library were all perfect. We almost felt like we were on a high end cruise. This is the second time we vacationed here this summer and hope to return frequently in the future. The staff is so friendly and with a great can-do attitude.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Celebration, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We loved this hotel and we definitely plan to return! The staff was so nice......they even packed up some cookies for us for the ride back home!
Our room was great!
Breakfast in the restaurant was great!
Nice, private pool.
Walking distance to the beach and shops on Worth Ave.
Cookies downstairs everyday!
After dinner sherry available in the lobby!
We would definitely recommend this boutique hotel as a very pleasant alternative to one of the more common chain hotels!
LOVED it!

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We absolutely loved everything about The Chesterfield. It's location is superb. Its smaller size makes for a much more personal experience, as compared to the larger options in the area. Throughout our 4-day stay, the staff wass outstanding - helpful and courteous in every possible way. The Leopard Lounge provided exceptional food served by the the friendliest staff we found on Palm Beach. This is an exceptional place. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Miami Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed at The Chesterfieldwhile taking my COMLEX Step 2 Board Exam for medical school. It was just 6 minutes away from the Prometric testing center in West Palm Beach. The Chesterfiel d is a lovely old building (very Palm Beach) done in a cute safari theme. From the moment I pulled up to the door to the moment I left, I was treated with wonderful first class service. Every staff member was friendly and welcoming. They really went the extra mile to make me feel at home. It was terribly hot outside and when I sat down at the reception desk to check in, they offered me a cool glass of water.

I am a nervous test taker, so I was thrilled to stay in such a lovely and accommodating hotel. It was quiet, elegant and low key. Although the building is older, it is in good repair, well kept and clean. I stayed in a queen bed room. It was small, but just big enough for my needs and the available space was well utilized by the room designer. It was elegantly appointed and relaxing--a jewel box of a room. The bed was very comfortable. The room was equipped with complementary wireless (that worked without issue), a flat screen wall mounted TV, an IPhone dock, great lighting for studying, as well as a small desk. The bathroom was a bit older, but kept in good repair and sparkling clean. I LOVED the rain shower head and the robe.

I had dinner in the Safari Lunge. Although it is a bit pricy, you get 15% off your check as a hotel guest and the food was EXCELLENT. I had the chicken noodle soup with chicken pastry which was the absolutely best chicken soup I have ever had. The broth was very flavorful. I then had the fillet. It was expertly grilled and accompanied by fresh spinach and mushrooms with a potato crustini and a balsamic glaze. It was DELICIOUS and a wonderful way to spend my evening relaxing before my exam. The lounge is richly appointed and the wait staff was very attentive.

If you are a woman traveling alone, ask about their lady traveller package. It offers you a room with additional lighting and mirrors for your ablutions, as well as a lovely gift bag. I really enjoyed the relaxing soy lavender candle. A great way to relax before my exam.

After dinner I returned to my room, to a turned down bed with Godiva chocolates on my pillow with a note card with the weather forecast for the next day. What a nice touch, especially for vacationers!

As a Florida resident, I received a complimentary English breakfast. Not so sure what makes it English, but it was great! Eggs, bacon, sausage, diced roasted potatoes, toast and coffee. All of it delicious, with mini pots of jam for my toast. I had the breakfast delivered to my room, so I could study a bit more before my exam. The delivery was on time and the staff member was professional and courteous. I had mentioned that I was taking my exam that day and they saw fit to include a to-go cup for my coffee, which was GREATLY appreciated!

I packed up and called down to request my car from valet. Once I checked out (very efficiently done on the staff's part), my car was waiting for me at the front door and off I went with good luck wishes for my test from the staff.

I was VERY happy with my stay. I would DEFINITELY stay at the Chesterfield again! I regaled my friends and family with tales of my stay and my brother and his girlfriend are already planning a trip there in the future.

Also, I found out while I was there that the hotel is dog friendly and they even have a very nice local woman who will walk your dog for a fee. Maybe next time I will stay a little longer and bring my little ones with me.

Room Tip: If you are a Florida resident, they offer a discount. Also if you are a woman traveling alone, they...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!