“Botttom of the Kimpton line” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tideline Ocean Resort + Spa

You added Tideline Ocean Resort + Spa to your Saves list
Tideline Ocean Resort + Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2842 South Ocean Boulevard, Palm Beach, FL 33480 (Formerly Omphoy Ocean Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Spa Credit + Upgrade
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia, USA
“Botttom of the Kimpton line”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I am a fan of Kimpton, who has only recently taken over this self-described boutique spa and hotel. Start off with the best: the bath towels are nicely laundered,large and fluffy. The lunch and late night bar staff are attentive and helpful. The property has a nice beachfront. That's the best that can be said. After that, the property is nowhere: it is a six or seven mile ride from Palm beach downtown. The pool is in the parking lot and has about as much sun time as Iceland. The lobby and foyer interiors as well as the garden side rooms are dark and dreary. The spa people are bored. The restaurant is unremarkable and overpriced, and if you want a decent lunch or dinner at the same price, then walk next door to the Four Seasons. But the worst is yet to come: the front desk staff is woefully undertrained, and flat out just don't care. Housekeeping is not attentive to detail. In person requests at the front desk don't get answered and the managers are apparently non-existent or not available to address their employees shortcomings. When I asked one morning why there was no information in my room about the various amenities available, I was told I could go on the hotel website. If you want to be in Palm Beach, pay the exorbitant rates further up the beach and don't waste a cent at this place.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bronxville, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

So, the hotel is dark. I'm not the first to write that. I suppose the only way they can fix dark(Zen in management speak) is to tear it down and start over. Dopey is another story. A short list: a sliding bathroom door that doesn't fully close. A badly made up room. A wall switch that turns on a lamp and turns off the tv. A dirty hallway. A pleasing 4 am wrong room wake up call. Incessantly monotonous pseudo hip lobby music. B flat food. Etc.Etc. It was a busy week and Kimpton is new on the scene and I assume that they'll get the kinks out and they gave me lots of free stuff to make up for their boo boos so I can't complain...but then I just did. Oh well

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I don't agree with the other reviewers on some of the points. Yes, it's dark. Everything is brown, from the floors to the paint to the wallpaper. There isn't a lot of interior light. The place was clean and the furnishings in our room were modern. My verizon iPhone had great service and the internet was good.

Our stay overall was good. We traveled with our very elderly pug and he was treated wonderfully. The location is great--very lovely access to the beach. The staff was nice. My only complaint was with the restaurant...it took quite a long time to get my lunch a couple of times and the cost for a double espresso was almost $7.00--crazy mark up! The sushi there was excellent!

They also do not refresh the mini bar for some reason every day. the fire alarm went off twice on two separate days. Spent a lot of time on the deck in the back reading at night. Was very relaxing. We paid around $300 per night. For that price (up to $400), I would say this place is great. I probably wouldn't pay more. Overall, 5 days, no snow, was well worth it.

Room Tip: If you chose the beach view, you will also be overlooking the restaurant.
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had breakfast with friends who stayed at this hotel and it was terrible.

The good news is that the valet service is friendly and efficient. That's where it ends.

The hotel is dark and looks dirty upon entering. Walking upstairs to the dining room is depressing and while food is fine (I'm talking about a cheese omelete and coffee, service is terrible.

Clearly, I cannot speak of the rooms and upstairs hallways as I didn't stay in the hotel but our friends will not return. Me, I'll surely never return for a meal...........breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
wall nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I would like to start by saying the front desk staff and room service staff were great. Overall the hotel needs improvements in many areas. The beach (why we chose the hotel) has little to no amenities. Where are the chaise lounges, cabanas, canopy beds. I stayed at several other hotels at this price point and this was the worst by far. The restaurant staff does not go out of their way for you. We wanted to eat outside they said no it had rained earlier. The next day we wanted to eat breakfast poolside. Nope! At nearly 800$/night with fees I expect more. The Hotel needs a capital infusion. The poolside furniture had torn beat up cushions. On the positive side the staff was great with drinks. Now the room. The shower had zero pressure and leaked on the floor. My wife thought the bathroom smelled sl moldy. The room was far from clean. There was dust everywhere and trash outside our door. The hallways are too dark. I felt like I was in Vegas not Palm beach. I know Kimpton just purchased the property. I hope they listen to all the reviews before the property is forced to change hands once again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We have had the worst stay here. The rooms are dark and dreary but worst of all we cannot sleep at night. They leave their loud outdoor music on until you finally can talk them into turning it off (3am). Then they book large parties with bands that are on the same floor where the guest hotel rooms are and its so loud the walls are vibrating. Again we call and the gentlemen at the front desk acts like he doesn't know what we are talking about...omg seriously. In addition the food is very poor and they forget to give us new water bottles and give us clean towels. Everyday it's something new. Too bad as this was our vacation to relax and get rest. We would have left here if we could get into another hotel but they were all booked.

• Stayed February 2015
Mike R, AGM at Tideline Ocean Resort + Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Mike Robinson, AGM: WelcomeCor1, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us in regards to the wedding we had in-house and it's music that kept you up. As a frequent traveler myself, I absolutely understand the frustration of not having a quiet night's rest - especially when on vacation and trying to relax. I can assure you that we have reviewed your notes and will continue to respond properly and plan proactively when assigning rooms to guests that are not here to participate in the group functions. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we hope you reconsider giving us another chance.
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Am told that Kimpton took over this place but needs time to either improve or go south. They are trying but food service area needs improvement. It was so cold so decided to eat in and when we went to the only dinner place in the hotel,the waiter said in or out. The menu is so limited. Even their so called sushi menu needs help. Their buffet breakfast was more expensive than the buffet at Four Seasons next door. Glad my wife suggested to go next door. Wish best of luck that they may need plenty. They may want to reduce the rate so low that people want to come just to stay at Palm Beach area. We won't come back. I've stayed at Morgan's in NYC and they use black and white. They use it here too but something doesn't click.

Room Tip: Unless you get a great rate for ocean view, suggest staying somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Mike Robinson, AGM: Yori O, we really appreciate your input and for choosing the Tideline while staying in Palm Beach. We can assure you that we are reviewing your feedback and will make the best decisions to ensure the utmost value in accommodations and amenities that we provide for our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review, we hope you reconsider and give us another shot in the future. Thank you for your business.

Been to Tideline Ocean Resort + Spa? Share your experiences!