My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here. We booked the trip through JetBlue vacations. It was a very enjoyable trip. We arrived on Thursday and left on Sunday. On checkin, we were given a room facing the pool without a balcony. We went down and talked to Molly at the front desk and she upgraded us to a partial ocean front room with balcony. We then went out to the beach and when we came back, we found a bottle of wine in our room for our anniversary and a hand made card by Molly. Molly was terrific. Any time, we saw her, she asked how we were doing and offered to help in any way. When we left, she called us a cab and then left us know when the cab was 1 mile out. She was, by far, the most helpful person at the front desk. The other gentleman who worked the desk while we were there was not nearly as responsive or helpful.
The hotel is dark as most make mention of. The room was comfortable and functional. It is brighter than the halls and the lobby. The bathroom was clean and well laid out. The balcony had comfortable furniture. The furniture looked better than what was on the balconies at the Four Seasons. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.
The beach is beautiful. For most of our time, we were able to get chairs with an umbrella with little effort. When you come onto the beach, there is a booth manned by the beach attendent. There is sports equipment, towels and a water cooler. There were a few people who came through serving food and drinks. The best person on the beach was Julee. She worked hard and engaged with the guests. The other person there wasn't nearly as good. He didn't come as often and would get the drinks mixed up. On our last day (Memorial Day Sunday), someone came down early and reserved all front row chairs and almost all umbrellas. The beach attendent lost control of the beach and the beach was understaffed. The guests sitting next to us talked to the manager of the hotel on the situation and he wasn't very helpful. Hopefully the hotel will learn from this experience. It was basically the only blemish we had while we were there.
The pool was also very nice. While it was on the street side of the hotel, it was quiet and well designed. The pool was warm, the staff was attentive there and it was relaxing. Just a nice scene.
My wife loved her experience at the spa. She said the massage she got from Rio was one of the best she's ever had.
We ate at the restaurant one night for dinner. The restaurant is right above the lobby and has floor to ceiling windows looking out at the beach. It's a beautiful view and the food was amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beckoning like a shimmering wave, The Omphoy Ocean Resort is the first new oceanfront resort on Palm Beach in more than 18 years, and the only beachfront boutique hotel on the island. Contemporary and chic, the hotel engages the escapist in everyone with an unpretentious air of sophistication combined with the continuous flow of fresh ocean breezes.The Omphoy boasts 130 guestrooms and suites all of which offer panoramic water views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. This beachfront getaway also offers an exclusive dining experience in The Restaurant at the Omphoy and the unequalled experience of our mind-body spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Omphoy Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omphoy Ocean Hotel Palm Beach
- Omphoy Ocean Resort Palm Beach, Florida