I would like to extend a big thank you to some of the staff at Omphoy Ocean Resort that made our stay welcoming, inviting and enjoyable. My girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay during our return visit back to the Omphoy on May 19th – 22nd, 2013. We were very pleased with the hotel staff (all except for one).
With that said, the One individual who stood out to us was Molly who works at the Front Desk. She was always smiling, very pleasant, helpful and welcoming. She definitely made us feel welcomed and ensured that our bill was accurate and everything appeared to be correct the night prior to our check out. The second individual that I’d like to give a big thank you to is Jose and Luis who work within the pool and beach area. They were very friendly, courteous and professional, treated us very well! Lastly, the valet parking attendants were great! Always greeting us and opening doors for my girlfriend and I. Every time we called down for our car, it was ready with the AC on for us. Our room was always cleaned quickly and looked great upon our return, we left for breakfast, came back an hour later and our room was already cleaned.
We both felt like this time the hotel was much more professional and the service was better then last time. The room was spectacular and this resort has quickly become one of our favorites! The drinks made at the bar are great, you can tell they don't go light on the alcohol which is great, always like to know you are getting what you pay for in a sense. The breakfast buffet is over priced for what it is but it was decent and something to eat.
The only negative comment would be the bartender and or one of the employees who was working behind the bar on Monday evening (probably around 5pm-6pm or so) was quite rude. When we asked him if we could get some ice he looked at us like we were from another planet, and then said “Like a cup?” I said, well a bucket would be our preference if possible, then he just walked away and called upon some other employee to talk to us, he was extremely rude and unpleasant. Not sure why but that’s pretty much the only negative as he was quite stuck up and seemed to not care or customer friendly.
The other Bartender was awesome! He was very professional, easy to talk with, awesome service and always cleaning! That was impressive, he was cleaning, wiping down counters, making sure everything was always put away and you could tell he liked his job and wanted to ensure the area looked clean and up kept. This individual was bartending on Tuesday night, May 21st around 9pm!
All and All, a great trip and we would like to thank you again!
- Also Known As:
- Omphoy Ocean Hotel Palm Beach
- Omphoy Ocean Hotel
- Omphoy Ocean Resort Palm Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beckoning like a shimmering wave, The Omphoy Ocean Resort is the first new oceanfront resort on Palm Beach in more than 18 years, and the only beachfront boutique hotel on the island. Contemporary and chic, the hotel engages the escapist in everyone with an unpretentious air of sophistication combined with the continuous flow of fresh ocean breezes.The Omphoy boasts 130 guestrooms and suites all of which offer panoramic water views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. This beachfront getaway also offers an exclusive dining experience in The Restaurant at the Omphoy and the unequalled experience of our mind-body spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Omphoy Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.