I'm fairly picky about hotels, but I absolutely loved the Omphoy. This is a smaller hotel, so it has the feel of a boutique. As other reviewers mention, it is a bit dark (think W Hotels), but it's very peaceful and well decorated without any of the attitude that these types of hotels sometimes have. What I loved... Location is perfect right on the beach. The outdoor dining overlooking the ocean is lovely and food very good/fresh. Rooms are spacious and very clean and all of the special touches are in place - robes, L'Occitane products, comfortable beds, DVD players... Partial ocean view rooms still have a nice view from the balcony if you stay on a higher floor. Staff was friendly and offered a good deal on a last minute stay (valet parking was included). The spa services were great. The bar in the common area has a nice vibe. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.
The things that may bother some... The fitness center is pretty sparse and is downstairs with no windows. The pool and hot tub are in the front of the building by the entrance (rather than in the back by the ocean). I would not recommend this property for children/families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beckoning like a shimmering wave, The Omphoy Ocean Resort is the first new oceanfront resort on Palm Beach in more than 18 years, and the only beachfront boutique hotel on the island. Contemporary and chic, the hotel engages the escapist in everyone with an unpretentious air of sophistication combined with the continuous flow of fresh ocean breezes.The Omphoy boasts 130 guestrooms and suites all of which offer panoramic water views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. This beachfront getaway also offers an exclusive dining experience in The Restaurant at the Omphoy and the unequalled experience of our mind-body spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Omphoy Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omphoy Ocean Hotel Palm Beach
- Omphoy Ocean Resort Palm Beach, Florida