“Beautiful boutique hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Beautiful boutique hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The Omphoy was small enough that I felt like the faces of all of the staff were familiar after 3 days, but they still had every amenity you would expect from a much larger resort. favorite parts: breakfast buffet, barre fusion class at the spa, cleanliness, bar, beach area and staff. Least favorite parts: the interior was very dark, the room looked out directly at another hotel (I could see the beach if I lened over the railing and looked to the right), the pool was in front of the hotel instead of behind it by the beach, and the layout was a little ackward, you have to walk through the dining area to get to the beach.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
chestnut hill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I would like to be more positive about the property. The staff was wonderful and the location was quite nice. The problem for us is that the interior of the hotel: the hallways and the rooms, was very, very dark. You can barely see your way down the hallways and even in the rooms the lighting was so very dim. In addition, we did not find the bathroom very user friendly - very small vanity area and again very dark. I think the designer must have been trying to be very modern and chic, but the lighting is just too dim.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at Omphoy Ocean Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello, Nancy. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts about your recent stay. We are glad to hear you liked the location of the hotel and you were pleased with the service you received from our staff. We apologize that you were not happy with the lighting throughout the resort and your guestroom and bathroom, and we appreciate you bringing these points to our attention. We do hope you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you again for your helpful feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is unique. The pool is in the front, but it's gorgeous, relaxing...
The rooms are very nice and modern Art Deco.
The only negative is if you would like to go out there is not much around- you would hve to drive or take a cab- but for beach and pool lovely:

• Stayed August 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed at Omphoy over the New Year holiday. The Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton were booked so gave the Omphoy a try. You can't beat spending the first days of the new year on beautiful Palm Beach sand. The staff was incredible-- the front desk, room service, valet, and beach personnel were all incredibly friendly.

The rooms are minimalist in style but spacious. I particularly enjoyed the large spa-like shower and separate toilet area-- great for people sharing a room.

The reason for the average rating is as follows:
- the room has lovely tiled floors which one would naturally think would be cleaner than other hotels that boast carpeted guest rooms. Not so. My feet were completely black after walking on the tile floor. For a room rate of over $400/night, that is completely unacceptable. Yes, housekeeping did immediately respond to the request to clean the floor (and agreed that the floor was filthy) but the call should have been unnecessary in the first place.
- Additionally, the rooms are much too dark for my liking and the television reception was poor, resulting in spots of static/snow on the screen.
- The "partial ocean view" is partial, indeed...in retrospect it would have been smarter to get a garden view for a few dollars less because the "ocean view" was only visible when leaning over the balcony rail, turning completely to the right, and peering through the palm trees.
- The pool is in a strange location: across from the hotel entrance. One must walk out the front door and across the valet area to access the pool (which means walking back through said area in front of arriving guests to return to your room from the pool). Apparently putting the pool on the ocean side of the property was not architecturally possible(?).
- Finally, the room service food was pretty average.

Overall, this is a lovely property, but there is room for improvement. When rating expensive, luxury hotels one must take deliverables vs. price into consideration.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at Omphoy Ocean Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We thank you for your review. It is great to hear you were so pleased with the service you received from our staff, as we take great pride in making sure our guests are well taken care of. We are also pleased that you were happy with the layout of your bathroom and shower. We are disappointed that the cleanliness of your guestroom floor was not what you had expected, but we are happy that our housekeeping staff was responsive to your request. We apologize that you were unhappy with some of your guestroom amenities and the location of the pool, and we appreciate you bringing these points to our attention. We thank you again for taking the time to send us your thoughts about your recent stay.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I visited last April and haven`t stopped thinking about our wonderful experience at the Omphoy so.....we are returning this May for 5 wonderful nights to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and we are over the moon excited. We are looking forward to the relaxation and escape that we know is waiting for us. We have 2 sons in college and it has been a rough year. We can`t wait to relax at the bar, lounge on the beach, read by the pool, and enjoy dinner at Malcolm`s.....There is something truly magical here at the Omphoy. I hope you give it a try and see what I mean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I love the spa they have wonderful services also i love the food , drinks are wonderful staff great. The only one complaint is outside on patio and dinning room its not clean housekeepers need to do their job...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at Omphoy Ocean Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time at our spa and you were pleased with the services provided. It's great to hear you also enjoyed your meals and drinks while you were here. Thank you for your feedback about the outdoor patio. We will be sure to discuss it with our staff. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you back here again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

My 3 friends and I bought a groupon for the spa and booked our services about two months ago. We were excited to celebrate my friends birthday with some spa treatments, yoga, lunch on the beach and some drinks. The night before I received a phone call confirming my 9:30 and 10:30 treatments. I arrived at the spa at 9 AM and was greeted by being told that I had the wrong time. It took me actually playing my voicemail for the receptionist to believe me that I was right. Once she realized that I "had her" she started to come up with every excuse in the book why they had messed up my times. This ruined our entire plan for the day because all of my services had to be changed. I was walked down to the locker room area which was down two flights of stairs into a freezing cold locker room. The lady left me in there and I had no idea where was supposed to go after that. I waited until my friends arrived and then realized that I had to walk back up two flights of stairs in my robe to go back to the spa. In what claims to be an upscale hotel, it's quite embarrassing walking around half naked in a robe through the lobby to go have a spa treatment. When I finally got my very average massage the music that was playing was only one song on a loop playing over and over and over again. It was maddening! The facial was awful. For an hour I was being touched by a woman who did not speak one word to me the entire time. Having your eyes covered in a dark room and someone randomly touching your face is not the most comfortable feeling. Once we were done with our spa services they did buy us one drink each. They really should've done more for me since I was the one that missed my yoga class that I paid for because of their mistake. One very poorly made drink did not make me happy. We each then had a tuna melt out on the patio dining area that cost us $20 each. The food service was nonexistent. We had to share menu and we didn't even get water. No one seated us and we had to move the umbrella ourselves to protect us from the sun. The view of the beach was beautiful but I could've gotten that for free walking a block down the road to Lake Worth pier. If you are looking for a nice day out with the girls or even alone I would not recommend the Omphoy. I felt like a second-class citizen because we were using a Groupon. No one went out of their way to help us and the staff was very unfriendly. Next time we'll spend less money and go to PGA spa or the Maui spa in boca where we have been treated like royalty.

• Stayed January 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your spa day with us. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our Groupon special, but we are very disappointed to hear your day with the girls did not go the way you had hoped it would. We apologize for the inconvenience of having to change your spa times and missing your yoga class, as well as the service issues you faced on the terrace for lunch. We can assure you, we take great pride in the way that our guests are treated and will discuss these important points with our staff. We thank you again for your helpful feedback.

Been to Omphoy Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!