Our recent visit to the Omphoy Ocean Resort was unexpectedly extended when Hurricane Sandy hit the Northeast and delayed our trip home. We were delighted! The staff is extremely accomodating, motivated to serve and just an overall pleasure. A special call out to Molly at the front desk who always seemed to be available and ready when we needed something! We were able to experience the food, the drinks, the spa and the beach (but only on our last day due to their own Hurricane Sandy damage) and really have no complaints at all.
The food and drink in both Malcolm's and the casual beachfront restaurant were quite good. One thing that we found rather strange is that our package came with a breakfast voucher, but we were only allowed to have the American Breakfast with that voucher. The food was good and the portion plentiful, but one gets tired of eggs, bacon and toast day after day during an eight day stay. It is puzzling to me that the American breakfast costs $17 per person, but the hotel will not let you order other things worth $17 (or less) with that voucher. Small issue, but no one could explain why,
It's important to have a car when staying at this hotel because it allows you to explore and experience the many good restaurants in the Palm Beach area. And if you have any rain, like we did, it's good to get out and shop or see a movie or visit The Breakers (definitely worth the short drive).
Overall, it was a wonderful break and we look forward to going back for a long weekend sometime soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beckoning like a shimmering wave, The Omphoy Ocean Resort is the first new oceanfront resort on Palm Beach in more than 18 years, and the only beachfront boutique hotel on the island. Contemporary and chic, the hotel engages the escapist in everyone with an unpretentious air of sophistication combined with the continuous flow of fresh ocean breezes.The Omphoy boasts 130 guestrooms and suites all of which offer panoramic water views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. This beachfront getaway also offers an exclusive dining experience in The Restaurant at the Omphoy and the unequalled experience of our mind-body spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Escapio, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Omphoy Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omphoy Ocean Hotel Palm Beach
- Omphoy Ocean Resort Palm Beach, Florida