“I CANT THINK OF A BAD THING, THANKS OMPHOY” 5 of 5 stars

You added Omphoy Ocean Resort to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2842 South Ocean Boulevard, Palm Beach, FL 33480   |
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Palm Beach
Knoxville, Tennessee
“I CANT THINK OF A BAD THING, THANKS OMPHOY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

This has been the best hotel I've stayed at so far in my life. The entrance was very impressive, the decor outside was amazing, and the entrance to the pool was awesome. As we arrived at check in, there were two valet guys running to our car to open the doors for us. This was just the beginning of great service that this hotel has to offer.
Parking at the hotel is free, however, the hotel offers valet parking only. I was unsure about this at first, but it was really a minor expense of a $2-$5 tip each time you get your car. It was nice to have service like that on vacation.
As you enter the hotel, the beautiful decor continues. The decor is all very modern and rich looking, but it is dark. The darkness didn't bother us at all. My girlfriend felt they could have spared some of the buddha heads around the hotel, but they didn't bother me. In the pictures included with this review, you'll be able to get an idea of the decor inside and out. I was very impressed with it all.
When we entered our room, we found it to be very spacious. The room had a nice big shower, the bed was very comfy, and had a large flat screen TV. Again, everything in the room was very modern and updated. In the three days we were there, staff made our beds up twice a day. In the evening they would leave chocolates lying in the bed. I thought this was a nice touch especially because I've never been to a hotel that made the room up twice a day.
Now on to the beach! The service continued out to the beach just like the valet service at the entrance. When you step out the back of the hotel, you walk about 50 feet and you'll be on the beach. They have an attendent waiting for you on the beach, and they will walk you to your complementary beach chairs and lay out two towels on each chair for you. I thought it was awesome to have a complementary beach chair included with the hotel. I also have to say the lady that took my order on the beach took off running the second i was done placing my order. Again great service!
All in all, the place was a great place to go for a romantic get-away! Probablly not the best place to go with the family. I would 100% suggest this hotel though!!! Thanks for all the amazing service and a great stay, Omphoy!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
theresagio, Manager at Omphoy Ocean Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
I am beyond thrilled to read that you decided to stay at the Omphoy and found us to be exactly what you were looking for.
We can't thank you enough for sharing your positive comments, especially about all of our staff members.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Omphoy Ocean Resort for your future Palm Beach visits.

748 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Everything from beginning to end was fabulous. Thanks to TripAdvisor reviews I did not have valet parking or umbrella rental sticker shock. The decor with its rich dark wood, water falls, mirrors, and sailboat blue chair pillows were as beautiful as relaxing. Yes the pool is in front just the other side of the valet, but for very good reasons--there is sun there in the PM and no wind. The pool area was so tranquil fully furnished with lounges and two very inviting open caban's...its a full service pool with attendants ready to bring food and cold beverages. There's even soothing background music. If you can get the package that includes breakfast..the french pressed coffee is quite the eyeopener...They also now have a serve yourself k-cup like esspresso machine available in the AM. My room was cleaned daily and I had at least one turn down service with chocolates

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
theresagio, Manager at Omphoy Ocean Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Dear Valued Omphoy Guest,
On behalf of the Omphoy Ocean Resort, I would like say thank you for taking the time out of your day to post your review.
We love to hear that our fabulous accommodations and amenities were well suited to your travel needs.
Thank you for your comments regarding the ambience and decor of the hotel and I am delighted that you and your family relaxed and enjoyed your stay.
I appreciate your kind words regarding our wonderful pool area and staff.
We are pleased that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to your return stay with us soon.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Omphoy was a great place to stay. The staff was so helpful and nice. The rooms were of decent size and they always left a nice little chocolate on your pillow at night :)

Two things I wasn't a fan of but hey what can you do?
1. You have to ask to get ice...weird but it didn't deter us
2. Dinner at the outside restaurant is AWESOME but it is really really dark with only a few candles on the table to give light.

The beach was wonderful with free chairs, the pool was also great.

There is not a lot to do around the hotel but that is what we wanted..peace and quiet. It's a short cab ride to bars/restaurants/ clubs etc. I would go back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Crimson13,
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience at the Omphoy Ocean Resort.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff exceeded your expectations.
Our delicious chocolates during our daily evening turn-down service are a little slice of heaven and glad that you were able to partake and enjoy them.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are travel to Palm Beach.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and I were looking for a weekend getaway on the beach and found this hotel on TripAdvisor. We were looking into the Ritz Carlton, which was right down the beach, but they were full, and I'm glad they were.
From the moment we walked in, we got the vibe of a Manhattan boutique hotel - the rich colors with metallic finishes - except we could see the ocean through the windows in the back of the building.
The staff was VERY friendly and accommodating. A great example of this came when we were sitting at the bar in the afternoon, having just come in from the beach, when we had as amazing tuna appetizer (for the third time in three days!) We asked the manager about the ingredients, and he went into the kitchen and brought out the chef that made our dish! He walked us though the ingredients, how he assembles the elements and why it tastes so good. Of course, we haven't been able to re-create the dish at home, so we'll have to go back :)
Overall it was a wonderful weekend; the food was consistently great, the drinks were creative and refreshing and the spa services were awesome. We'll definitely go back.
Something important that you should know -- when making your reservation, they offer around 40 options that have different combinations of spa services. rooms, packages, parking, restaurant discounts and about everything else. Even though I almost always only reserve online, I found it helpful to call and have them walk me through the options to make sure I was getting the best deal.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: We had a beachfront veranda room, but we probably would have been fine with a room without the balco...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
theresagio, Manager at Omphoy Ocean Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Dear Valued Omphoy Guest,
Wow! What a glowing review of your stay at the Omphoy Ocean Resort!
We are delighted that you chose our fabulous boutique resort for your recent weekend getaway. Thank you for the comments regarding the decor and ambience as it great to hear that it appeals to your tastes.
Our mission is to provide a truly unique and excellent experience for our guests. We love
that our fabulous hotel and courteous staff exceeded your expectations in every way.
I very much appreciate your kind words regarding your dining experiences. It is great to see the hard work of our wonderful chefs recognized so nicely in your review. Glad that you were able to meet the chef in person who discussed your dish with you. We are truly blessed to have such a talented culinary team at our resort.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your review and I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to the area.

Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I have been to the Omphoy several times over the two years.....and we always love staying there.

This past weekend, I decided to get out of the Washington, D.C. heat and flew to the Omphoy.....what a joy!!!!

Whenever, I stay at the Omphoy it always feel like going home to see old friends.

The Omphoy is intimate enough that you will get to know the Omphoy staff and they are awesome people to know!!!!! And they are fun to hang out with if you choose to do a get away weekend by yourself.

A quick 2.3 hr flight from Reagan and you are there with the most beautiful beach in Palm Beach.

I take for granted that the food, service and amenities are excellent.

So if you want a quick trip to beautiful beach....Omphoy is the place!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Dear Valued Returning Omphoy Guest,
Thank you for your loyal patronage to the Omphoy Ocean Resort.
We are thrilled that you continue to choose us for your Palm Beach accommodations and are glad to hear that we continue to exceed your expectations.
I thank you for again taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts about your recent stay.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Halifax, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

First the room not big but clean, has everything you'll need, the only problem was the ac was a little noisy, and the mattress wasn't so conferrable, but that could be me. The beach was clean and private, awesome. The staff was outstanding so friendly and helpful in every way, there wasn't anyone during our stay that I could say didn't go out of their way to say hi or can I help you. The food was excellent although pricey you get what you pay for. Portions were generous and always fresh. Just one thing to keep in mind there is nothing local by this hotel you need a car if you want to go shopping or to other restaurants. My wife and I stayed at the hotel chilled at the beach enjoyed great food and drink. Very relaxing.......

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Omphoy Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and we are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay at our boutique hotel.
We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed all of your dining experiences at our resort and so glad that you were able to partake of the culinary delights of Michelle Bernstein.
I appreciate your kind words regarding the cleanliness our accommodations as it is great to see the hard work of our Housekeeping staff recognized so nicely in your review.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests and I am thrilled that our staff exceeded your expectations.
When you travel again to the Palm Beach area, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Omphoy Ocean Resort.

Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This sleek and modern hotel was very clean with a very accomodating staff. we pricelined the hotel and got a great deal on our stay of 3 nights. watching the kiteboarders on the beach was AWESOME- wish i had the equipment to go out and join them. the room service was pricy, but the club sandwich was really good and the fry basket was huge- fed 2 people on just the one meal. only complaint would be no access to ice, but we asked the bartender to fill our bucket and he gladly obliged. you do have to pay to rent an umbrella, which seems silly for an expensive hotel- why nickle and dime for that out of all things? fitness center small but updated- very good equipment. we never made it to the pool. we went to Benny's on the beach for lunch- the sunflower crusted mahi salad was soo yummy- best feta i ever tasted, John G's serves an incredible breakfast- they are moving to a new location- the french toast with almonds was so good that three months later my mouth is watering thinking about it. overall- the location is great, service was great, beds were comfy and room was clean so i was very pleased. would stay there again.

Room Tip: priceline this for the best deal
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Omphoy Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Omphoy Ocean Resort.
We love to hear that enjoyed our fabulous accommodations and wonderful dining experiences.
I thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of our accommodations as it is great to see the hard work of our Housekeeping staff recognized so nicely in your review.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests and I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations during your stay.
Regarding the charge at the beach for the use of the umbrella during your stay, I sincerely apologize if there was any miscommunication. The company that provides the service is separate from the hotel and the charges are passed onto the guests.
Not all guests take advantage of this service, which is why we cannot charge extra to our guest room.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

561-540-6440

Been to Omphoy Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!