“Really bad place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Palm Beach
Houston, Texas
“Really bad place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here last night on a business trip and expected the usual very good Four Seasons experience. I had to change my room because after only 30 minutes I was getting bitten by fleas in the room. The room that I changed to had a terrible damp and musty odor. I ordered room service and the chicken soup was the worst I have ever had (how can you mess up chicken soup??) I went to sleep and was woken up by a call after 11pm from the front desk telling me I can pick up my toothbrush (I didn't ask for one). I was woken up two more times slightly after 6am for wake up calls that I never set up. Come on guys - this is the Four Seasons, not Motel 6 !!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

886 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Coram, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visit to the Four Seasons Palm Beach met our expectations, the hotel property was in great shape the lobby, the pool area and beach are immaculately maintained. The room was average at best, the views from the partial ocean views where nice. The staff was outstanding from the Front Desk, to the pool and beach staff, all of the staff was helpful and accommodating. If you are looking for a hotel with a private beach and are looking for good service than this property is for you..!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

A recent visit to the four seasons hotel in palm beach was nice but not quite four seasons quality. The beach is very nice , and the pool is large with lots of children- not quite a romantic spot. We had our own children with us so it was fine. The rooms I would say are nice but nothing special. The bathroom had a regular size tub and separate shower- again nice, nothing amazing though. The main issue is I thought the food overall was fair. The dinner restaurant I found to be a major disappointment with just average food. The outdoor pool restaurant also had what I consider average food- I can't remember anything I ate for lunch or dinner as it was nothing special. Breakfast was good. The hotel service was top notch. So if you are in the area and need a place to stay it is good, but I wouldn't travel far.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel is a little understated (and perhaps underwhelming), but you really get your money's worth at the spa, pool, and private beach. The entire outdoor area is immaculately maintained. The staff were always smiling and happy to help us. Little touches like pump sunscreen and aloe vera (for when you forget to use the sunscreen), flavored waters, and freshly made guacamole made helped all of our worries fade away. The hotel also offers free bike rentals if you want to get around the city, but we stayed on the property for almost our entire stay.

Room Tip: Obviously beach front is the way to go..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My cousin and I took a girls trip to Palm Beach and the Four Season's did not disappoint! We had to wait 15 minutes because our room wasn't ready, so we went to the bar and had a drink. After we went to our room they sent a box of chocolates up apologizing profusely for us having to wait! We didn't mind but we enjoyed the chocolate. You could see the ocean from our room and there was a balcony to go sit on and enjoy the view. The spa was incredible! The food was very fresh and delicious! Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The level of service in the rooms and dining room was terrible. In the dining room, we were served our appitizers and main course before our drinks ever arrived. We never had turn down service or fresh towels in the afternoon. These are not the quality of services for a 5 star hotel. The common areas are lovely and well maintained. The people at the front desk are extremely helpful and friendly

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

we spent 4 days here after 4 days in Universal...it was just what we all needed...relax and enjoy great service....food...location..second to none. (sorry Ritz)..would not hesitate to stay again....
Hotel is deceiving from the outside...maybe even understated ...beach was spotless...staff can not do enough for you...and always anticipating your needs...without be overbearing...frozen grapes on the beach...as you relax...

Room Tip: fourth floor has great views....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach? Share your experiences!