“Wonderful getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Palm Beach
NYC
“Wonderful getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was surprised by a few of the negative comments since I thought the hotel was wonderful. It is a quick trip from the airport which makes it a great get-away from NY. The hotel lobby is beautiful and calming and I am not sure how anyone could complain about it. The flowers in the entrance are stunning. I felt like the hotel went above and beyond in every category.

The breakfast was delicious but it did annoy me that the buffet was not included as part of Amex platinum's package as it is usually included at most hotels. That said the breakfast was delicious. One late afternoon, the hotel offered smores at sunset which was a really nice touch.
Lunch was really good as well.

The pool was surprisingly, busier than the beach which is just past the pool. We had flawless weather which was terrific. The pool service was excellent. Mid-morning they brought around little treats of gazpacho or smoothie. In the afternoon, we had frozen grapes or oranges. Sun-tan lotion and after-sun lotion is offered everywhere so no need to pack it. There were plenty of comfy lounges which I like.

The room was really nice and very spacious. We were upgraded from a garden room to ocean view. The room had a separate toilet and shower which is really nice. The bathrooms are really large. The bed is extremely comfortable. My only negative comment was that amex platinum usually, includes a fruit or cheese platter and we had to remind them to bring it along with replacing the shower cap. This is a small detail for a wonderful stay.

The hotel offers free one-way car service if the car is available which is very nice. The spa is spacious and the massage was excellent.

I highly, recommend this hotel. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

926 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We came to this resort for a getaway from the cold east coast over MLK weekend. We had an awesome time. Like other reviews, I can't comment enough on the lovely staff--people were so friendly to us at the beach, pool, restaturant, bar, you name it.

We had a deluxe ocean view room (I think that is what it was called--it was on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool but view of ocean beyond). The room itself was okay--not up to par with other four seasons where we have stayed (Jackson Hole and Seattle off the top of my head)--it is definitely an older building that has been refurbished. I would say the bathrooms were top notch, but the room amentities themselves were not--you could have been in a Marriott etc. The bed was really comfortable.

We still had a great time. It even rained one of the days. On the rainy day the hotel hosted a wine tasting in the bar, movies for kids, and other activities. On the 2 sunny days, we sat at both the pool and beach--there were continuously little snacks like mini-smoothies, frozen oranges, gazpacho being passed around by incredibly friendly staff. You don't have to "pay" for the beach chairs and umbrella. It was incredibly relaxing.

The gym and spa were beautiful.

Our reservation included breakfast and a hotel credit. The breakfast was delicious both days, and the service at the restaurant excellent.

We went out while we were in Palm Beach into town and had drinks and food at the lounge at the Chesterfield. That hotel looks great too (obviously other reviews suggest this) but I would go back to the four seasons again in a heartbeat for the beach.

Room Tip: Face the ocean!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The Four Seasons brand in my mind is six star. This hotel is a good four star hotel. But at the $800 basic rate we were paying one expects at least six star accommodation, food and service. Sure the room was nice, but only one sink, no bidet, cheap metal furniture on the balcony ... just nothing special. The staff were often keen but also often inept and mostly young and just not professional. The breakfast buffet was laughingly average. My martini served warm every night. A Caesar salad with shrimp $28. No half decent bread available. And most of the time one or other of the bars or restaurants were closed for private functions. I could go on. If you want somewhere special this is not it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Ok. I was here Feb 1st and 2nd 2013. The staff is amazing and super helpful and always around! The private beach is awesome. The beds and shower and tubs are the Best. Room service is quick and white linen! I can go on and on but I will just say. It is worth very dime! The only thing is, why do they not fix/repair acrylic finger nails in their salon/spa?

Room Tip: Ask for a veranda room viewing the pool!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Recently spent 6 nights in this amazing hotel. We could not find a fault anywhere in the Hotel. The room was very specious and the view was breathtaking.

we had Breakfast each morning by the pool and the buffet was great.

Overall we had a wonderfull holiday and could not recommend this hotel highly enough.

Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
summit, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This Four Seasons in Palm Beach is a beautiful hotel!!!! The setting is pure Florida.....beautiful landscaping with lovely palms all over, the oceanfront setting is the best, the beach is clean and beautiful!!!!! We enjoyed both the pool area and the beach! I think what I enjoyed the most was the quiet setting around the pool area. It was so nice not to have little kids running all over the place; screaming, jumping in the pool, etc. Very serene and relaxing......awesome!!!! Our room was beautiful and immaculately clean. We had an ocean view room (upgrade from a garden view). What a fun surprise that was!!!! We spent all of our time on property, venturing out only once to meet friends in the area. The restaurants were nice and the food was good. The only thing I didn't like about the restaurants is that, when dining outside, they were only a few yards apart from each other, so, you didn't really get the feeling of individual dining spaces. The only difference was the name of the restaurant, as far as ambiance goes. They have drink service on the beach, which was really, really nice to have!!! There is not much around the hotel when it comes to shopping, bars, etc. But, that didn't pose a problem for us. It's a very small, quaint property. I've never stayed at a small hotel and was worried it would feel claustrophobic, but, it didn't at all. It's laid out very nicely. I was with my cousin and we try to do a Girls' Weekend trip once a year. Our visit was for 4 days. We had a great, great visit!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I were there for a weekend event held at the hotel. More personal than business. From the welcome to the good-bye, everyone in the hotel was incredibly nice. They are all proud of the where they work and the Four Seasons brand. The concierge team was very eager to please and with many guests seemed to go that extra step. The facilities - from the Living Room Bar to the swimming pool to the beach as are of a very high standard. The flowers - the orchids - beautiful and breathtaking.
We had lunch one day at the Atlantic Bar & Grill which is the restaurant next to the walk way to the beach and with view of the ocean. The only suggestion I would make is that they include on the menu the other offerings - e.g. Caesar Salad is not on the menu but that, along with six or seven other salads, were suggested for lunch. Why were they not on the menu? Breakfast at Graze - well the best pancakes I have eaten in years!
Our room did not have a view - on purpose. We have a home on the ocean so need to look and pay for it! It was very confortable.
Housekeeper's note: Ahem. The room was spacious and clean. The chest of drawers where the tv is needs to be repainted as there were alot of chip marks. The bathroom overall was fine; however, there was accumulated dust on arm of the cosmetic mirror, the door to bathroom and the left hand wall of the bathroom had lots of "bits" on it which need to washed off .
Lastly, it was a room with two double beds. There is alot of "industrial noise" coming through the wall next to the bed on the right side. I reported this but I guess there was not much one could do about it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach? Share your experiences!