“Great Location 5 Stars” 5 of 5 stars

The Brazilian Court Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Australian Avenue, Palm Beach, FL 33480   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Palm Beach
Miami, Florida
“Great Location 5 Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Normally don't write reviews but this place prompted me to. From top to bottom 5 stars. Amazing location walking distance from everything and I mean everything you need. World's premiier shopping locations just around the block. Beach access two blocks away. Cafe Boulud a must if you stay here. Staff makes you feel like a celeb. Rooms are immaculate, check out the spa while you are there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear santanaj7563;

I am overjoyed reading your review. Sounds like you were able to explore the wonderful area that The Brazilian Court resides in.

We look forward to having you visit again in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Brazilian Court (BC). Overall a pleasant experience. To sum things up, the location, facilities, and restaurant are excellent, but the inconsistent service detracts from the experience.

First the good. The BC is a small boutique hotel located a short walk from both the beach and the heart of Palm Beach, Worth Avenue. So you really do not need to rent a car or even use a taxi much because everything is within walking distance. An added bonus is that the hotel is a very short taxi ride from the airport so you can be at the hotel easily within half an hour upon landing.

We rented a suite which was quite large. The bathroom was also large with a seperate bathtub and shower and marble floors. The bedroom and TV room were hardwood. The bed, pillows, sofa etc were all very comfortable. And there were two TV's, one in each room which was also nice.

Facilities were also very good. Although I did not use the gym, went for a jog along the beach instead, I did pay a visit and it was well equipped. The pool area, also in a courtyard setting was very nice, surrounded by lush palm trees and other plants. It was a little small but it was always easy to find lounge chairs. Also the restaurant, and food in general, was very good. We had lunch there twice and breakfast one day and the food was delicious. The restaurant's outdoor patio was also a great location. We did not eat dinner there but only because we had made other plans, but I would have liked to do so.

So why only three stars. The problem with the hotel was a very inconsistent performance from the staff. We went to the front desk to ask a couple questions and they acted as if we were being an annoyance. The first day we asked for the beach supplies and the shuttle. It took them about 20 minutes to get organized and finally we just hopped into a cab (which they comped) -- the entire event was completely unorganized. On the second day we returned to the room around 3:00 pm and it was still not cleaned. We called and they told us they would be right up but did not get there until around 4pm. Hotel management called and inquired and they made sure the cleaning ladies came at 10:30 am the next day. On another occasion we asked for a taxi at the front door, they told us they would call one and to just wait in the lounge and they would tell us when it arrived (it is a small lounge so its right there by the front door). We waited around for roughly 10 minutes, finally I went to see what was happening and a taxi driver was about to leave because he was waiting around for us and no one told us he had arrived. This is not to say all of the service was bad. The turn down service, aside from the one day was quite good, hotel staff generally were friendly and one of the doormen remembered my name and asked how our stay was. I think they are well intentioned but just lack someone to really train them on how to service their guests. If the BC could improve the service performance the place would really be up there with one of the best places we have ever stayed at.

I would go back because the location is just too convenient, both in terms of its location to the airport and within Palm Beach. Also the restaurant and facilities were very good. If the BC could get its service act together it would be one of my favourites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ulysseys;

Thank you for taking time to tell us about what you enjoyed about your stay and about the areas we can improve on.

I know with training and your feedback the department managers and staff will work towards a better process for beach runs, taxi cabs, and the other areas you mentioned. They are driven with a passion to succeed and they want to satisfy our guests needs. Take housekeeping service for example; issue was known and then was resolved. And again, I thank you for the feedback.

daisywfs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Beautiful and elegant setting. Perfect location for walking almost everywhere -- Worth Avenue, the beach, museums, path along the intercoastal waterway, other restaurants....Could almost have done away with car rental! Attentive staff. We enjoyed its Cafe Boulud - delicious food and great service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear daisywfs,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are centrally located in the center of Palm Beach which makes it very easy for our guests to get around the island.

I will share your feedback with the team who I am certain will be enthusiastic about your experience. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My children and I checked into this glorious European-style boutique hotel yesterday. I was unsure of it before arrival since I usually stay at the Four Seasons while visiting Palm Beach. I wasn't too impressed with the Four Seasons the last time we were here, so I followed the advice of American Express Platinum and booked a suite at the Brazilian Court hotel. The property is stunning and located in a residential neighborhood a short walk from Worth Avenue shops and restaurants. Our 2 bedroom suite is outstanding (Hepburn Suite) and complete with two masters, two master baths, a third bath, enormous living room and eat-in kitchen with a wine fridge and dishwasher. The service at this impeccable hotel is very attentive and friendly. The pool area is lovely. There's a Cafe Boulud at the hotel which also does the room service. The Frederic Fekkai hair salon has a full spa menu. My daughter had a facial there and said it was her best one yet. We love this hotel and cannot recommend it enough. I only wish I could take it with me to my future travels! We will definitely stay here again. I am thrilled to find a hotel I love in Southern Florida. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed December 2012
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear InterTraveller9,

Thank you for the kind words about The Brazilian Court Hotel, Cafe Boulud, and Frederic Fekkai. I am certain the staff will be encouraged by your remarks.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel was recommended by word of mouth so not a natural choice for most visiting Palm Beach.
The grounds were breathtaking w/ palms, tropical flowers in a villa style. Was lucky to enjoy a room upgrade as the hotel was pretty quiet, and had a private terrace, sun loungers. A real treat for a business trip! The room was very comfortable and colonial style.
I can imagine this would be a great venue for a private event. The pool area was beautiful & quiet. They also have a hair salon Frederic Fekkai on site! Quite unexpected.
I took a walk to the beach - just 4-5 blocks away. Lizzards were scurrying everywhere - it was very charming.

Room Tip: If you can stretch to a private terrace it was beautiful!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Amysak,

It is a pleasure to hear word of mouth brought you to us. It is even better to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

The Brazilian Court Hotel has something for everyone, whether here on business or pleasure! We hope to have you return soon and thank you for your feedback.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Having stayed at many Palm Beach and PB area properties, The Brazilian is a great alternative, if you like a vintage, restored boutique property.

The pros:
1. Very beautiful grounds and rooms (maintenance just shy of perfect).
2. Cafe Boulud Bar is a great place to dine solo - food generally excellent.
3. Location, location, location - one can walk to Ocean, shopping, museums, marina easily. All along beautiful residential streets.

The minor cons:
1. It's a seasonal venue. Yes there is staff turnover. But they generally try hard to please - and have to deal with a lot of demanding guests and condo owners.
2. The studio rooms are smallish - not the 400 feet noted on the LHW site.
3. There can be noise from adjoining rooms, rooms above and the halls - ask for a quieter room.
4. Wifi is now included (Thanks!) at least for LHW Leaders Club guests. Connections have improved, but there are still some areas where it's slow and occasionally drops.

Small niggles for a elegant, comfortable and relaxing hotel with terrific food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Great location and property. Too bad second rate service esp front desk comes with a nonchalant attitude - fourth but last time here. Smile for a change people!!! I think the hotel leadership is weak because the staff seems nice enough, but its like they don't really care or understand about providing exceptional service. A shame.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to The Brazilian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!