“Needs refining” 4 of 5 stars

The Brazilian Court Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Australian Avenue, Palm Beach, FL 33480   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Palm Beach
Connecticut
“Needs refining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Spent 3 nights there for a wedding held at the Flagler Museum. Cafe Boulod should have been wonderful, but it was horrible! The service was beyond awful -- appetizers took ONE hour, entrees 45 mins later....inexperienced, poor wait staff -- go elsewhere for dinner, but breakfast was fine! Room had a broken shower fixture and blown light bulbs -- so, within 5 minutes of arriving, we were already calling the front desk for help. A 5-star should not be like this. Staff at the desk and lobby, great, but improvements are needed.

Room Tip: Pool views are preferable and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Very unique & private, great atmosphere but we experienced a delay checking in, fixing door lock, cleaning the room and with our dinner reservation too. The food and ambiance was excellent. Planning to return in February; hope the minor issues have been corrected.

• Stayed November 2012
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear agome,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about the delays and inconveniences during your stay.
If you are willing to send me a private email with your name and or room number I can address the room door issue and look into the reservation/check in delay. Guest feedback is our greatest training tool. Lastly, Housekeeping always accepts time requests for service as well.
I know that the staff at The Brazilian Court Hotel strives for perfection and that you will be pleasantly pleased when you return in February. We look forward to serving you again!
I apologize again for the issues you experienced during your recent visit.

mcarter@braziliancourt.com
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Brazilian Court is a good hotel, but the most valuable asset associated with this property is the people who work there. From the moment you arrive, to the moment you leave, you receive 5 star service. I was shocked that, after about an hour there, every staff member that I interacted with knew my name and. after the first night at the bar, the bartender was able to anticipate my order. The restaurant wait staff, especially Manny and Ryan, were great people to work with . . . always professional, always friendly, just great in every sense of the word. This hotel is lucky to have people like them; I travel a lot, and people like them are, in most places, the exception, not the rule.

The grounds of the hotel are spectacular, almost oasis-like. They are spacious, and ideal for lounging in shade of the palm trees. The lounge chairs themselves -- especially the "couple" lounges -- are perfect for a nice afternoon's nap. My only criticism of the grounds is that, in my opinion, the pool could have been kept much cleaner. It wasn't bad by any means, but there was an abundance of sand and debris that, for a hotel of this caliber, you just wouldn't expect to see. Of course, you can also always visit the beach -- 2 blocks away -- when you tire of the grounds.

The rooms are also very well-appointed and the beds are amazingly comfortable. In an age where everyone has some form of I-Pad or similar device, however, I might suggest a docking/charging station as standard equipment. Again, however -- and this is why I didn't leave a 5 star rating -- the hallways (especially the carpeting) seemed a bit worn in places (and sometimes not well vacuumed). I don't want to overstate this, because they were still better than most places, but just not up to the standards that I think the Brazilian Court would aspire to.

Breakfasts at the BC are spectacular, and I would encourage you to diet before arriving here. I had pancakes, omelettes, eggs, croissants -- no matter what I ordered, it was spectacular (although I might encourage the kitchen to degrease the homefries and breakfast meats a bit before serving them, although they were still great nonetheless).

Finally, the bar is a fun place to have a drink at the end of the day and to people watch.

I hope my few minor suggestions are not off-putting. All in all, the BC is just a great spot and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I really recommend the two-room suite if you are travelling with your spouse (or significant other...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear MorganFan,

Thank you for the wonderful mixture of compliments and criticism. The Brazilian Court Hotel is constantly assigning projects and work to the maintenance staff. Carpeting is in the process of being replaced as well as the pool marcite. We are awaiting DVD/IPOD stations that will soon be available upon request.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a "relaxing corner" in S. Florida, for a 3 day get-away and found the property through it's "Leading Hotels of the World" affiliation. Our initial disappointment that the property was not on the Ocean was put to rest as we realized "Hurricane Sandy" was headed our way, and a beach day probably would have not been on our itinerary :-)

The property is situated in a charming residential block in the heart of Palm Beach. It's two blocks from the Horse Fountain/Reflection Pool, Worth Avenue, and just a few blocks from the beach. Lovely setting for a stroll to/on the beach, Worth Avenue or just to explore the vicinity. Here I should mention I noticed bicycles available for guests by the valet stand (a feature I will def. take advantage of on my next stay :)

Another feature worth mentioning I will also be taking advantage of on my next stay is the "beach drop off" service. No, unfortunately they no longer offer a "beach club" BUT..... They will be happy to set up umbrellas, drive you to the Ocean (a mere few minutes/few blocks away) and come back to pick you up at an agreed time.... A VERY gracious service as this (IMHO) makes up for the property not being ON the ocean :)

Check in was flawless! Despite our having arrived early, not only did they have a room ready, they honored our "Leading Hotels of the World" membership instantaneously with a FABULOUS suite upgrade, welcome gift w/note and comped our Valet parking as well. Welcoming smiles with a prompt and professional flow had us in our suite in no time at all.

We arrived at noon and promptly made reservations at the Boulud on the premisses.... We enjoyed a DELIGHTFUL 3 course lunch in a semi formal but down to earth environment while alternating Bossa Nova, Jazz and other soothing beats perfected the atmosphere.... Perfect Caipirinhas and at $21 Prix Fix menu, is a MUST DO while at the property (only offered Mon-Fri. BTW).

The room was Comfortable, IMMACULATELY clean with 2 tvs. dvd players, jetted tub, sink wine fridge, and water pressure to DIE FOR... See pics for room details. (suite 228 I believe)

A 10 min. drive over the bridge will have you at the City Place with plenty of options for additional dining, movies, night clubs etc.. Also worth mentioning (pun intended :) short walk onto Worth Avenue is a lovely place called "Pizza al Fresco" (see reviews) for excellent fresh toppings pizza!!!

Breakfast was pricey ($18 for an egg white omelet :(), but otherwise, very fresh, tasty and in a lovely setting. Lots of lounge areas outdoors and a lovely "reading room" indoors, successfully completed our "relaxing weekend" and guaranteed our return....

Small pool :( but the "beach escort" makes up for it... Would do the beach first, then the pool for drinks, next time...

Quaint, Cozy and a perfect spot to take a load off while in the area.... Will be back....

Hope this helps :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear NYCMickey,

What an experience! Sounds like you found your relaxation destination! I will share your comments with the team who I know will be excited to hear about your experience.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

A family reunion brought 4 generations of us to Palm Beach. Some us stayed at The Brazilian Court. The friendly yet discreet and professional staff was extraordinary from the moment we drove up, to our leaving the next day for the airport (including their having printed our Boarding Passes for us when we checked out.) The hotel grounds are just beautiful and impeccably landscaped. Lunch in the Bouloud restaurant is wonderful, and its wine list is comprehensive and quite reasonably priced. Our suite was stunning, comfortable, yet fit for a King. A delicious roomservice breakfast was a special treat. We used to be "Breakers" people. And now we are converted!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear NYCMickey,

A family reunion?! Four Generations?! That sounds like an exciting gathering and vacation! I am so happy that you were able to stay at The Brazilian Court which is the perfect match for the perfect reason to be with the perfect people!
We will be here the next time you all get together!

Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Was in need of a little r and r; booked a 4 day package -- it was perfect! Easy walk to beach and shopping on Worth Avenue. The perfect escape to unwind and relax. Daniel Boulud restaurant; has excellent wine selection w/ knowledgeable staff. In fact, I couldn't say enough nice things about the entire staff of the Brazillian Court; they all go above and beyond for guests -- an excellent experience. A great escape for a couple; would also recommend for solo travellers seeking an upscale escape.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Olga M,

Thank you for sharing details about your recent stay. We know that R&R is important to many of our guests so the ambience at The Brazilian Court caters to this need! I will share your kind words with the staff who I know will be proud to hear it.
Thank you again and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My company hosted C-level executives for a private cocktail reception in the main courtyard followed by a dinner for 22 in the private dining room. Everything about the Brazilian Court was a perfect 10 out of 10. The valet warmly greeted our incoming guests, reception efficiently checked them in and then personally escorted each of them to the nearby courtyard for drinks and hors d' oeuvres. The catering team had erected a special courtyard tent to shield us from any potential rain (which fortunately we did not encounter) and kept the drinks and foods flowing for the two hour cocktail reception. One of the main hotel managers was kind enough to stay for much of the event to personally ensure that everything went exactly as planned.

Once we moved inside to Cafe Boulud's large private dining room overlooking the courtyard, we were presented with customized menus bearing our corporate logo and a delicious selection of entrees. Every guest received personal attention -- no one ever wanted for a refill and the timing of each course flowed perfectly with our agenda. This was the finest Duck breast I've ever had; other guests commented very positively on their Salmon as well. The waitstaff was particularly attentive and the dinner execution and quality was flawless.

The rooms were exceptionally well appointed and the bed quite comfortable. The Jacuzzi tub is worthy of note; it was the most powerful in-room jet tub I've ever encountered (and it didn't even look like one). The hotel branded soaps and shampoo were pleasant. The following morning, we reconvened with a smaller group for a private breakfast in the same dining room. Everything went just as planned.

The Brazilian Court is a special mixture of vintage charm, intimate, private courtyards and a timeless, stylish bar and dining area. This hotel is understated and tucked-away in a very private setting, yet only a one-minute walk to nearby Worth Avenue; so it may have the best location of all Palm Beach Hotels for nearby shopping and dining selections. This overnight stay and two dining events were both flawless and unforgettable.

Room Tip: In this hotel, you want rooms that view the private interior courtyards. The landscaping is dramati...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Ryan M,

WOW! I am blown away by your words! Impeccable, perfect, 10 out of 10, warm greetings, efficiency, attentiveness, flawless, and unforgettable! This is exactly what we want The Brazilian Court to be remembered for!

Thank you for taking time to share the details of your stay.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to The Brazilian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!