“Please fix this place!!!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3550 South Ocean Boulevard, Palm Beach, FL 33480   |
Ranked #10 of 10 hotels in Palm Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Please fix this place!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Perfect view, great restaurant, but rooms are horrible. I spend weeks in dive dens in the keys, which are not fancy, but clean. I have come here for years, and the last 2-3 years it has become ridiculous. Broken pipes, musty smell, and stained sheets(don't want to even think what it was). SOMEONE PLEASE BUY THIS PLACE AND FIX IT UP!!!!

Room Tip: Haven't found one in the last 3 visits....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

First of all, the area of where the hotel is located is extremely nice as there are beautiful condo's surrounding this property but as soon as you pull in you can tell this property is in need of some major help. Upon checking in I was greeted by a nice young guy. I was then given keys to the room and explained the amenities and restaurant hours. My girlfriend and I then went to the room to open the door and see the bed was not made, there was someone's half eaten take out meal on the table, along with an empty beer. I immediately knew this room was not serviced. I went back to the gentlemen that checked me in and he quickly apologized and told me he would find me another room. He then gave me the keys to another room. As soon as i got to the door I just pushed on it and it opened. Who needs keys right?!?! I then went inside and seen the room had a little bit better decor and was actually clean but when I went to walk out the door handle on the inside was nearly hanging off the door. I then walked out of the room and shut the door behind me and tried the key to even see if it worked. Definitely not. First I got red lights on the door, then I got no lights so clearly there was a problem with the door lock and or handle on the inside, oh and the fact that if you just push the door it opens anyway! So at this time I go back to the desk, pretty much expecting some type of better room for the inconveniences of having to room move twice already..I asked the gentleman, "do you at least have a better room so we can get settled in already" and his response was "well, I have a clean room." YOU SHOULD HAVE A CLEAN ROOM!!!!! The guy said he would walk me up to the new room to see if it was satisfactory. The key worked, the door opened (with a struggle) and the room looked clean, so I took the keys and settled. We then went about the rest of our night and came back and slept peacefully. Next morning, we wake up to find there is no soap, no shampoo, no lotion, no nothing in the room. I actually figured with the way things have gone so far they probably didn't even supply these items. I called the desk out of curiousity and they seemed shocked that I didn't have these items and told me I could come to the desk to get them. We then went back up to the room and got ready to go to breakfast and the pool. The breakfast was actually decent, the waitress was very kind and the pool area was fantastic. What a great view! I proceeded to relax by the pool and and spend a good hundred dollars at the bar for the next couple hours. Service was good, company at the pool was good so this is the reason I am giving this rating 2 stars rather than 1 star. This place could be amazing given the location and the great pool/bar/restaurant area but it does need some help. Management needs a new team and a few dollars to take care of a quick renovation to pick this place up. If only I was apologized to for my inconveniences with the room, I may have given this place a better rating but the staff seemed to care less about making my trip more memorable. I would not recommend this hotel to stay at. What I do recommend is to spend a day at the pool and bar and catch some good rays by the beach with a nice cold pina colada, but do not stay in the rooms!!!

Room Tip: I am not sure what the suites look like but I was checked into 3 different standard rooms and none w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is located on a section of Palm Beach which is largely residential condominiums. There are not restaurants (besides the one located directly on property), stores, etc. A car is necessary if you want to do anything other than stay on the property. The room was definitely not luxurious by any stretch of the imagination and can definitely use some major upgrades. For the price and after having read the reviews, it was what I expected. I didn't mind a little rust here and there, but I also wasn't staying at the hotel looking to be pampered. The pool, location right on the beach, and the Tides bar/restaurant really saved the "vacation". Just as another warning, and I am not sure if this is a seasonal or weather related thing, but the beach outside the hotel was very minimal. There were few other sunbathers and we found ourselves sitting between the concrete wall of the hotel and the ocean. The ocean floor itself has concrete slabs all over it in an apparent attempt to prevent erosion. This makes any kind of swimming/ body surfing a little difficult. Also, there are no beach towels or umbrellas/chairs at the hotel for the beach, so you must bring your own.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Rust, mold, and stains? Check. Prison cell beds and pillows? Check. Service with the warmth and sympathy of a grizzly bear? Check. Parts of the front door broken and sitting on the ground? Check. Afraid to touch the floors, walls, remote and towels? Umm..check.

Do not even entertain the thought of spending a night here. I would rather curl up behind a dumpster than take another run at this place.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car instead.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Delray Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just FYI about our thoughts on dinner for two, before I send it out..... I haven't heard from the restuarant or the "manager"as of today.
So..... I remember that the Tides Grille has great views and they state that it's the closest restaurant to the beach. The web site stated that they had a band on the weekends, but, no band. This was a Friday night...
I called the restaurant number around 1045am and no answer?? REALLY? It cycles back to "Martha, front desk", I need to make a reservation at the restaurant... Martha says "call back at 1230...They're busy for breakfast.." So.. I'm thinking that they do a busy breakfast and little lunch?( NO MGR?)... ( Why call during a busy lunch time) I ask.. "so they do a busy breakfast and a slower lunch?" Martha says "whatever, and call back"... REALLY?? Whatever???... So I call back at 1245 and again it cycles back to the front desk.. Martha says "they must be busy and puts me on hold...almost 2 minutes later I hung up.... I call back and it cycles back to Martha who switches me to some extension that just rang and rang, etc....REALLY? NO MGR?? So I call back AGAIN.... and the front desk "extension" just rang and rang as well... I need to make a reservation to the restaurant and she says that "they must be busy".... I told Martha that the message on the restaurants phone is telling people that the front desk is taken them...... Martha says she can't do that.?? REALLY?? We arrive for our dinner and sit outside. She went to the ladies room and it was a wreck! From the busted out louvers on the stall door, the lock/ latch was broken, so you couldn't even lock it, to the water on the floor. We brought this to our servers attention who had this look on her face like.. it was new???... and I asked to speak to a MGR and was told that the MGR was not here, but she could call him??? REALLY?? I asked why and she just looked around and said that they were slow...... HMMM..
I find that it's hard to believe that the worn out damage and lock, on the door was new...It was obvious that the damage was there for a while and that "NOBODY", including other patrons (where's the MGR) had reported this. If they(MGR) had known about this problem, then there would a be an "out of order sign" on the door. The last time we were there the tables had umbrellas and had finished tops. Candles came out way after sunset and were just as worn/tiered looking as were the very rusted deck railing supports. I wouldn't have trusted the wooden steps going to the beach either.
Great views and some families are in the pool next to our table. We ordered the bruschetta app($9.) and it was just 4 half dollar size croutons, with what tastes like jar diced tomatoes and not even shaved parm and had stringy mozzarella on it. REALLY?? We order the seafood pasta($29.) and the petit filet mid rare ($31.) the steak came out WELL The steak was returned and a NY strip was in its place... So much for the petit we ordered...It was correctly cooked.
How in the hell is this hotel or restaurant going keep afloat if they don't have the minimal staff to handle the basics of running a place??? I called the next day and ask for the MGR's email and was told to just email the Tides and she'll get it?? Who is she? he says Michelle... Last name? I don't know.... and hangs up... HMMM
So... I ask, who , if anybody , is running this place?? If they don't have the staff on to answer phones, fix and maintain the building, then, who else are they missing??? Hotel Guests and Restaurant/Bar patrons and... THE MANAGER! Stay and dine at your own risk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Port Saint John, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

****TOURIST TRAP******This place was horrible. Our room had mold inside(multiple places), there were holes in the bathroom door, a stained ceiling and the main entrance door to the room didn't even lock( the door handle felt like it may fall off). The "Owner/manager" was absolutely repulsive. She was very nasty and defiant with guests. The parking lot was a disaster, people were double parked and trapped in their spaces because there isn't enough parking offered. Most of the wood rails and rafters looked to be ravaged by termites. The furniture in the rooms looked like it came from garage sales. The mini fridge in the room was rusted out along the bottom. When you turn on the shower it makes a horrible screeching sound. Plywood over a large busted out window near the beach. The drinks were way overpriced-- $9 for an 8 ounce drink- it was a really ridiculous. There were a few staff members that were very nice, Carlos at the front desk was very helpful both on the phone and in person but for the most part the staff was very disappointing. We were told there isn't wifi.There is a plywood board along the outside wall that you can see when you are out on the beach and a garden house as a rinse off shower. Booked multiple nights, left after 1 night. If I could give it a zero star rating, I would.

Room Tip: NO good rooms!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Saint John, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Room Tip: No good rooms available!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!