“Great value, location, hosts!” 5 of 5 stars

Palm Beach Historic Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   365 S. County Rd., Palm Beach, FL 33480   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Palm Beach B&B and Inns
Bryn Mawr, PA
“Great value, location, hosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I have stayed at quite a few Palm Beach hotels in ten years, but PBHI is the cheapest. Long term rates are even better, which makes it a much better deal than an apartment. And you even get use of the kitchen and maid service. In addition to being close to Worth Ave and the beach, it's upstairs from a convenience store and next to a sandwich shop. Hamburger Heaven, my favorite diner, is also just down the street. Breakfast is an added bonus, although I wish it came with a bit more fruit. And my favorite extra is the home baked cookies and cakes that are always out when you need a late night snack. The hotel is very small, but I never felt I lacked for privacy. In fact I was hardly aware of the other guests. A few people have complained about the beds, but I found my king very easy on my bad back. The rooms could have used some fresh paint, but that didn't bother me. And I liked staying in a national landmark. Maybe the best part, though, was the owners, Eva and John. They were always around if I needed something. And they were just super nice people (not always easy to find in Palm Beach). Thanks to you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I am a long-term guest at the Palm Beach Historic Inn and have had an amazing experience!
The location is unparalled; Worth Avenue is a block away and it is a just a quick stroll to the beautiful beach!

The rooms are comfortable and charming, and the beds are incredibly comfortable (they have new beds in all the rooms). Breakfast in bed is a great touch- strong coffee, a bagel or toast, etc. and a yummy fruit cup were my favorite highlights.

The innkeepers are really genuinely great people! They go out of their way to make sure the guests are comfortable and can provide great recommendations for restaurants and things to do. Another thing about the location- there is a liquor store next door, which is great if you want a little wine, or something of the like. Sandwiches by the Sea is also a great little place next door that is perfect for a sandwich or salad.

Overall- fantastic, comfortable, and AFFORDABLE stay in the very best location in Palm Beach!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I am in love with this place! So cute and affordable and super convienently close to everything palm beach has to offer. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were the perfect size for the price. The views from the windows were really great as well. Loved the fruit cup at breakfast. All in all I had a great time with my girlfriend at this inn!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Just stayed at the Palm Beach Historic Inn for 4 days--In my opinion, this is the most convenient, centrally located place to stay in Palm Beach, not to mention it is actually affordable! This is literally one street away from Worth Ave and one short block from the beach. The room was spotless upon arrival and cleaned everyday. Breakfast was wonderful and served by the owner everyday at exactly the time I asked. The owner provided a beach chair and towel, as well as set out cookies everyday...such a nice touch! I stayed in the smallest room available, which turned out to be the perfect size with a comfortable bed, mini refrigerator, tv, walk-in-closet, bathroom, and table. I will definitely be staying here again, best deal in PB!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

This place was nice and would have received a pretty good review had the owners not been out of town...

We arrived on a Saturday around 2 PM. The entrance door was locked and no one seemed to be around. We waited outside a while, and then started calling the hotel phone number. Nothing. Eventually someone walked out of the building, so we managed to get inside, but still found no staff, or other hotel guests.

We found the owner's cell phone number and called that. No answer. About 50 minutes after we had arrived, another guest appeared and said the owners had left for the weekend - the hotel was completely unattended - and that our hotel key was inside the mailbox. The other guest had apparently been told this when she booked her stay. We, on the other hand, were not.

Shortly thereafter, the owner returned my call. He was at a golf tournament and confirmed that no one would be there for the weekend, except someone he had hired to serve us breakfast from 7 am -12 noon every day.

I asked about parking and he said there was four spots in the back. (All of those were filled.) I asked about our next best option and he said there wasn't any. (Literally no long-term parking between 9 AM - 5 PM... everything was 1-2 hours max.) I started walking around the area and asked the owner of a liquor store about parking... he said the adjacent sandwich shop guys usually parked in the hotel parking, illegally. I then had to go to the sandwich shop and ask them to move, which they did. Joy! A parking spot!

I texted the owner about the problem, and he tried to help me solve it, but I got a hold of the sandwich shop guys before he did.

When I asked, the owner also texted me the location of a beach chair. (We wanted two... only found one...) This was listed as included amenities on the website.

Breakfast was okay.

The best part of our stay was that our 7 AM - 12 noon caretaker let us have late checkout (since she wasn't going to be around) so we were able to stay until our evening flight.

The inn was charming and the price reasonable. Had the owners been there, I'm sure we would have given it a positive review. I recommend calling in advance before you make your reservation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Everything was excellent. Lovely rooms, comfortable, very clean and quiet (with awesome beds!). Very charming and beautifully decorated old building. The location is ideal, very close to the beach and to Worth Avenue. Delicious continental breakfast served in bed! We greatly appreciated the courtesy and friendliness of the staff. Definetely one of the rare places in Palm Beach with highest quality standards and affordable prices.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
palm beach, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We sent three friends here in March. One couple, and two solo friends came at different times, and they all were very happy they stayed here.
It is not luxurious and elegant, but a B&B that works. Everyone raved about the owner (John) whose son played in the recent Honda Classic (golf). Nice family. Very high marks for the breakfasts.
Rooms are clean and about a 6 on the decorator scale, but they work. The couple owns a large hotel in the North, and the two solo guests own multiple properties and could stay wherever they want. They stayed here for the value and the location. BTW, it is 100 steps from Buccan which is Palm Beach's hottest new restaurant.
Walk to the beach, walk to Worth Avenue, and this is a good place to relax if you are not spoiled. It is a wonderful spot, and nice people and work there so you can stay there too.

Room Tip: Negotiate with John.