“I have always enjoyed Ta-Boo” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Palm Beach
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
“I have always enjoyed Ta-Boo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have always enjoyed dining at Ta-Boo. Usually about three times per year when I am in the area visiting. Love walking along the beautiful Worth Avenue and then having lunch at Ta-Boo, it does complete the experience.

Lately the service has seemed as if it has dipped slightly since years gone by, but I will still patronize this restaurant as it's the old world retro chic glamour that pulls me back, more than the fabulous Nicoise salad!

On saying that however, I changed my own menu at the hotel I was managing at the time (I am not longer in hotel management but used to be) - and I sort of copied the way the Nicoise salad was prepared and served, and it has always gotten hits and praises since.

On my next visit to Palm Beach I will indeed stop by Ta-Boo for a lovely glass of impeccable Sauvignon Blanc (or two!) and the Nicoise!

The atmosphere is very chic but energetic and the restaurant is always, always busy.

I was last there in May 2012 and it was still lovely.

Visited May 2012

“Awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

My advise is don't ever go to Ta Boo , awful service , food and ambiance . Our server James was the rudest you could ever imagine . He was serving us like he was giving us a favor and he was extremely rude . When we asked for straws for our water , he reply : you want for your wine too ? We were very gracious not reporting him on the spot , just because we had a birthday celebration .....
My advice DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT ... Horrible service and food .

Oslo, Norway
“A retrochic jewel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great place to eat after a long day of shopping.
A place to come for lunch with friends for drinks-food-wine and some more drinks.
Good Ambience, service and food.
Loved the Crabcakes, nachos and clams.

Visited August 2012
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
“Cool place, very retro-chic.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Talk about walking into a surreal, almost Hollywood restaurant. The only way to describe this cool, swanky restaurant is retro-chic. Feisty One and I sat at the bar, had cocktails and people-watched for an hour. . .I had perhaps the best culinary appetizer every: The Crab Cocktail. Succulent, tender pieces of fresh crab, cocktail sauce and WOW. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2012
Highland Beach, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“The Doyen of Worth Avenue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Hard by County Road sits the small entryway to what turns out to be a rather large restaurant when you get to the back. Of course, if it's lunch time you'll likely first wait in a cramped area up front, but then again, you're in Palm Beach, dahling. Oh yes, the food. Big menu with mostly big prices. Food doesn't measure up to the price tags, but wasn't that Ms. So-and-So with her adorable poodle with that chi-chi polka-dotted pink collar sashaying by? And those femmes fatales at the front bar? Do they really sit there and drink for hours? Oh yes, the food. Honeychile, it's Worth Avenue, enjoy the stroll, the yellow diamonds in all the jewelry shop windows, the women in dresses (now THAT'S different), and just sign the tab.

Visited May 2012