“Very Italian and very good” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 72 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Delray Beach, Florida
“Very Italian and very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is my first review on this site, and my primary motivation was in response to a negative review of Pizza Al Fresco. Obviously, our personal tastes will differ from person to person depending on numerous factors and personal experiences. However, having lived in Rome, Italy for almost 20 years I can state that the pizza is very good, thin crust made in a wood burning oven, and very tasty. There are incredible amount of pizza options. In addition, the menu has other meat and fish items, as well as daily specials, which are all well prepared. The setting is very italian in an alcove off of Worth avenue in Palm Beach, which reminds me of a piazza in Capri. The service is prompt and courteous. I understand that people may have negative experiences on any given night, however, I believe that a review should be more about the food and the atmosphere. Sometimes it happens that you can have a negative experience with a waiter, who may be new or there for only one week. Over all Pizza Al Fresco is very Italian and very good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Weston, Massachusetts
“Disappointing Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We decided to dine at PAF last night. We wanted a nice casual dinner in a relaxing enviornment. What we received was good food with perhaps the worst service I have had in years.

After being seated, our waitress came to our table and without a "good evening" or a "hello" asked us what we wanted to drink. The drinks came promptly and we ordered an appetizer to share at that time. Shortly after, the busboy came to fill our water glasses and broke one of the glasses. There was no apology or acknowledgement from the waitress. It took as while for the busboy to return to sweep the broken glass. His cleanup of the glass was oddly unapologetic and as he swept he hit into my leg and purse and didn't feel the need to politely acknowledge that might have been invasive.

While we were waiting for the appetizer, the waitress came back and asked if we were ready to order. We ordered a salad and a pizza to share. The appetizer came shortly after our order of the pizza. We had just split the eggplant appetizer and placed it on our plates, took a few bites and the salad arrived. I knew at this time that the waitress had put all three order in at once and I asked her to hold the pizza until we had finished the salad. I'm not sure if she heard me, but the pizza came about two minutes after I asked her to hold it. The small table was filled with plates and a pizza tray. Three courses were brought to the table in less than ten minutes.

The food was fine but the service was insensitive and rude.

I understand that the new club house at the PB Golf Course has contracted with PAL to run the restuarant there. I'm not sure of the criteria for selection, but I hope that they have a better staff and management than the PAL on Worth Avenue.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Delicious 'za, fair price, beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My friends and I stumbled upon this cute pizzeria on a recent visit to Worth Avenue. Tucked away on a quaint alley off Worth Avenue, the setting of this eatery is very nice. Lots of beautiful outdoor seating. The pizza was very tasty - thin crust, fresh-tasting toppings, and big enough to share between 2 people. I surprised at how affordable the 'za was, considering it's location off super spendy Worth Avenue. The pizza was great, but the setting and location is a HUGE draw - it reminded my husband and me of our time living in Italy! The perfect place to linger on a warm afternoon.

Visited March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“It was just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

After reading all the glowing reviews, I was somewhat disappointed. The salad and pizza were just OK in my book....nothing special. Given the time of year, there were lots of kids which I didn't mind and several people felt the need to bring their dogs. I love my corgi but I wouldn't go out of my way to bring her here. The service was quick and the pistachio gelato was heavenly. All in all not a bad choice but I wouldn't rave about this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, service is really good, i loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Is one of my favorite restaurants, i love the food, they have good wines for a good price, the location is the best is very relaxing and the staff is amazing good job alfresco.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere