“Favorite Place to dine in Palm Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Palm Beach, Florida
“Favorite Place to dine in Palm Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My favorite place to dine in Palm Beach..One can order anything from dover sole $$$$$ to an individual pizza for a very reasonable price...lots of old world Palm Beach ambiance..service is great ..food is always good.
Been a customer for 30 years.

Visited March 2013

colonel77
“VISITING TA-BOO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

TA-BOO remains one of the most popular original Palm Beach restaurants remaining where it began all those years ago ... While only half the size of the first restaurant it has plenty of tables although you will want to reserve or arrive early as it fills rapidly and early ... They have a unique menu with many specials you would enjoy ... Valet parking is available while you should be able to park right on Worth Avenue or on nearby streets.

Visited May 2013
Wellington, Florida
“Boo-Hoo Ta-Boo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

So very disappointed! I have been a patron of this restaurant for 15 years, never disappointed until now. Ironically in season, my food & service has always been stellar. Now with barely a brunch guest to block my view of the walls, I experience lack luster food (my grilled tuna was so tasteless and mushy I suspected it might have been boiled). The server was unaware that my order was touted as the chef's special. He seemed a bit clueless about his duties as a waiter as well, handing me the hot plate from across the table (his path to my seat was open). My husband's meager crabcakes were overly spiced and drenched in Hollandaise sauce. Sorry Ta-Boo, we won't be back. There are too many other fine establishments which take pride in their kitchens and their staff for us to settle for less.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jupiter, Fl
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been going to this place since the fruit was on the ceiling. It must be 30 years. I never had a problem with service or food. the bar was not as crowded and it was last year, which is good you can get a seat. Bartenders are very nice. Kevin will seat you at a great table, just ask.

Visited May 2013
Jupiter, Florida
“Met expectaions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

An acquaintance of ours who was originally from Palm Beach told us Ta-boo is the best restaurant there. We were seated promptly as we had a reservation. We sat near the front of the restaurant (table 2), which was really nice. Table 1 is at the front window. The restaurant appears small from there, as the bar separates this area from a much larger seating area in back. It's good to be up front because it is very quiet, and one can converse without shouting. So many popular restaurants are just too noisy. The wait staff was efficient, but our server didn't have much personality or sense of humor. The young lady who assisted was outstanding. The food was more reasonably priced than expected, with a range from $20-$40 for the entrees. The wine list was adequate. We had the sweet potato encrusted grouper and it was excellent. I don't know if Ta-boo is the best restaurant in Palm Beach because I haven't been to that many there, but it may be in the running. Would have given a five rating if our waiter had been more friendly.

• Visited May 2013