“Surprisingly good and perfectly located. Kinda odd.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Hotel and Spa

Ambassador Hotel and Spa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm Beach
Ambassador Hotel and Spa
You added Ambassador Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
2730 South Ocean Boulevard, Palm Beach, FL 33480   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
montreal/stowe
“Surprisingly good and perfectly located. Kinda odd.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

First off a few facts. This place is a weird hybrid of condo and hotel. The two types are mixed together and the staff ,who were fantastic, tries to deal with the very different issues of both. Not easy. Secondly it is an OLD place but pretty well maintained.

If I haven't scared you off, it is well located right on the beach 3 properties from the Four Seasons . It has a nice pool with a deli type restaurant that was almost always empty. We had a good meal right by this pool. The room selection is a mix from studios to 3 bedroom units. Frankly not worth staying in the smaller units.
If however you are a family or group the multi room units can be great value and certainly much better deal then anything else you will find in Palm Beach.

The beach is wonderful and you can rent a cabana for $15 a day or just use the hotel towels.
If this is too "different " and you don't want to pay 300+ a night ,there is Fairfield Inn nearby. Even this is closing in on 200 in season. Again for the money, the Ambassador was nice. Believe there is a 3 day minimum.

Very different sort of place.

Room Tip: Look for Ocean view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
DFW, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here because The Breakers had no available rooms. We were pleasantly surprised at the beach cabanas set on the grassy area just before the sand. The owners were friendly to us and even invited us for wine.

• Stayed March 2011
Ramsey, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Newly renovated and great views from any room. New eatery on premises being remodeled. Friendly staff and walking distance to shop and eat! Beautiful landscaping! We loved it, may buy a unit!

Room Tip: All great views!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Brookline, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2006

Not exactly what we expected, but the service and friendly faces were a plus. The rooms and the condition of the building itself were not in tip top shape. If I had known I wouldn't have booked it for so much. I think it's a great place to stay, but for the moeny, I would rather stay elsewhere.

Location: great
Rooms: Average
Staff: Pretty good.
Services: Average

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

First things first, they need a facelift. This building looks like it haden't been touched in 30 years. For the location, you would think that they'd be more presentable. Not at all what they described when I went to book. This hotel is tired and needs to close. I am shocked at what Palm Beaches standards have dropped to. View the property BEFORE you plan your trip there. Thank god the Four Seasons was near by.

• Stayed May 2006
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2006

Just got back. The Ambassador is a charming residential apartment hotel. All the apartments are owned by individual shareholders and each is decorated to personal taste. Some apartments are recently decorator-updated and others are shabby chic. We love the friendly staff, I had a nice haircut in the hair salon and took a great private session in the pilates studio. My husband had a fabulous massage in the spa and we enjoyed looking at the orchids in the plant shop. The family enjoyed eating at the casual restaurant overlooking the pool. The Town of Palm Beach just finished renourishing the beach and it now extends over 200 feet into the ocean and takes our breath away, our kids loved the sand. I loved the convenience of being only 4 buildings away from the Four Seasons allowing us to walk over and have lunch there. We stayed in a great 2 bedroom with a terrace over-looking the beach, our friends stayed in a 1 bedroom overlooking the pool, both apts. were very comfortable. Our family will return again. Be sure to ask about the individual apts; I am not telling my favorite!

Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2006

I just returned from a week at The Ambassador in Palm Beach. This is my first time staying there. I was pleasantly surprised at how well maintained the hotel was for a facility almost 60 years old. Since each hotel unit is privately owned, the decor varies and is not consistent. However, I stayed in Room 512 and found it tastelfully appointed and had a beautiful view of the blue Atlantic Ocean. I found hotel staff to be extremely helpful and enjoyed the complimentary valet parking.

The restaurant, The Wild Orchid, served breakfast, lunch and dinner. I found the menu to be inspired and the food to be well prepared.

The location of The Ambassador is ideal for anyone looking for a relaxful beachfront vacation or extended holiday. Only minutes from downtown Lake Worth with many restuarants and only about 10 minutes from Worth Avenue where shopping is at its best!

I plan to return in April for another week of relaxation.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Ambassador Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!