“AAAHHHHH” 5 of 5 stars

palm beach gardens,florida
12 attraction reviews
“AAAHHHHH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

A true delight. If you want or deserve to be pampered, do it at the Breakers spa. Relaxation galore, beautiful grounds and a true spa experience. I gets me into a relaxed mood just typing this!

Florida
18 attraction reviews
“Very pleasant staff makes this place welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Enjoy the breakers pools and beach before your spa treatment and be prepared from front desk to the end for pleasant pampering.Be sure to try the 4seasons spa whebn you are in town as well

Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Not Child-Friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My 8 year-old daughter and I were very disappointed by our experience at The Breakers Spa yesterday. My husband booked us manicure/pedicure appointments as a holiday treat and we arrived early so we could put on spa robes and sip tea together in th lounge area. After the receptionist checked in our whole party (husand for personal training experience and mother-in-law for eyebrow waxing), she called for someone to take us into the back. But as we were preparing to be escorted in, she stopped us and awkwardly admitted that my daughter was not permitted in the lounge area because she was a child. If this had been explained upfront, I would have been fine with it. I do understand that spas have adult-only areas, and that's understandable. But not to disclose this until after we were checked in and heading into the back was quite frankly confusing and upsetting. This forced me to leave the spa with her and we wandered around the hotel complex for 45 minutes killing time and trying to find somewhere warm to perch, while my husband and mother-in-law proceded to enjoy the spa amenities. The bottom line is this: if the spa accepts children as paying customers, they should be allowed in lounge areas with proper parent supervision.

Florida
8 attraction reviews
“A Class Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I recently was treated to the Spa Classic package at the Spa at the Breakers by a friend for my birthday.

First, the Breakers is a world class location, right on the beach in Palm Beach, the hotel was built by Henry Flagler and is on the Historic Registry. The style is gilded age and the atmosphere is some what traditional and conservative. So when you visit the attire is resort.

The Spa is generally well appointed, good size lockers, nice showers, steam rooms, etc. I was, however, underwhelmed by the relaxation room, the furniture is quite traditional and the room was not big enough to give ample space for relaxing.

The services, however, were wonderful, the Spa Classic package includes a 50 minute Swedish massage, 50 minute facial and a class manicure. The facial was the best of the three in my opinion. The massage was also quite well done. The maniure was basic, not overly pampering, but they do give you a little manicure kit and the polish from the manicure to take home.

The package provides access to the pools and the beach, which we did use, but did not plan enough time for. I would have arrived earlier and taken full advantage of the pool and beach access. We spend three plus hours at the spa and about an hour or so by the pool.

The staff is of course accomdating, this is a 5 diamon resort, but somewhat reserved which goes with the overall style of the Breakers.

Visited September 2011