“We were pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Tropical Inn Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 Dixie Highway N.E., (US 1), Palm Bay, FL 32905   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Palm Bay
Lake Mary, Florida
“We were pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had read several good reviews and was happy when I called and booked our reservation. Price was very good as was the man I spoke to on the phone. Went to another site and was a little apprehensive of their reviews and was afraid of what we'd find when we showed up! We were very pleased when we arrived, service was great, room was clean, plenty of parking available (we had our boat on a trailer), and we felt safe there. We would stay there again in our next fishing adventure to Sebastian!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pentwater, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Well, where do I start. I booked this hotel via Hotwire which was my first mistake. We were going to FL over Christmas break. Once I had the name of the hotel and went online to see pics of it I knew we were in trouble. Read through the reviews I became very worried. I couldn't back out now without loosing the money. We had driven 24hrs straight from MI and my family of 6 couldn't wait for HOT showers. We were told at check-in that there was no hot water at the moment and they were working on it and it should be fixed by 5:00. Well thank God that was my out for getting out of my prepaid reservation from Hotwire. From what I can tell this is a gay hotel. The entertainment for that night was Drag Bingo. I should have noticed the rainbow flags out front when we pulled up at first. I would NOT recomend this if travling with children, would'nt think of that as family friendly. If you still choose to stay here just know you have been warned.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Palm Bay hotels

Melbourne, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

If i could give this company neg stars i would! from the moment we checked in unbelievable! no ice NO hot water the room smelled of old stale smoke and upon leaving.... they had the nerve to charge us 150 buck for smoking in the room!!! we didnt even smoke in the room we went to the balcony! absolutely DO NOT visit this place unless you have money to just throw around!!! On top of that they have no one to answer to.. independently owned you you get taken for what they want!!!!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from This Hotel!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

After experiencing this place I would think twice about taking a trip of just staying in another two star motel. Let me first start by saying that their technology for reservation keeping is primitive so take a copy of your paid receipt because they couldn't find mine. Second make sure to ask if they have "hot water " that day . My family and I arrived at around 9:00pm that night and we were so tired that we went straight to bed. During that night we noticed that heater was not working properly. Our biggest shocker was in the morning when we could not get the hot water to flow after 10 minutes. When we called the reception desk they told us that the water heater was not working but I later learned from an employee there that they had been having issues for sometime and they were waiting for some part!. I will also continue by saying that there was no breakfast at this place as advertised and there are no ironing boards in the rooms. It's probably better if you sleep in the car than staying that that dump.

• Stayed December 2012
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Made the mistake of staying at the Tropical Resort in Palm Bay last. Went because I had done the initial work to get Roz & Tropical in contact to make the show happen. Lighting for the show awas terrible - there was only one spotlight on the performer so movement was very limited. Even tough I explained to them they would have the largest crowd the have had, the bar in the showroom was so understaffed that the line was very long and even extended into the performers area impeding movement.
After the show, I went up to my room on the 2nd floor at the other end of the complex from the front desk. The key wouldn't work so I had to go all the way back (as did the buddy of mine who went with me) to the desk to get the it 'rekeyed'. That didn't work, nor did the next time. Had to then go back to the front desk while they called their maintenance person to meet me at the room. That took 15 minutes and the most charitable way his attitude could be described is sullen. Couldn't repair the lock so he had to find one to replace it. That took another half hour. All of this took time I could have been socilaizing and being with friends. This morning when I got up to take a shower, there was no hot water. What a nightmare! I would certainly never go there again and I would reccomend that anyone else should avoid it also. Why drive all the way down there for that dump?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great Service, Great People! We Loved it here. We just moved from Colorado because of my husbands job and it was a rather sudden expedition. We had limited funds, a 5 month old, a 2 year old and a ferret and nowhere to go. We arrived at the Tropical Inn late at night and weren't expecting much, just another night in a hotel. The hotel staff made it very comfortable and welcoming for us. We ended up staying for 2 weeks and I was kind of sad to leave. Thanks so much! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting family in Melbourne for a few days and needed a hotel that was close to family and a good price. I searched many sites to find a good deal. I am so glad to find this hotel the visit has been great. We got a room with a nice view of the river. Note this hotel is on a highway, so there is a trade off for the view. You can hear cars driving by, but I didn't notice it after a little bit.

• Stayed October 2012
#1 of 5 in Indialantic
4.5 of 5 stars 180 reviews
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront

Been to Tropical Inn Resort? Share your experiences!