“Vacation with husbandi” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 Dixie Highway N.E., (US 1), Palm Bay, FL 32905   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Palm Bay
“Vacation with husbandi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting family in Melbourne for a few days and needed a hotel that was close to family and a good price. I searched many sites to find a good deal. I am so glad to find this hotel the visit has been great. We got a room with a nice view of the river. Note this hotel is on a highway, so there is a trade off for the view. You can hear cars driving by, but I didn't notice it after a little bit.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at The Tropicana for 1 night. The man that booked us in seemed a little pre-occupied, either that or he didn't know what he was doing.
We booked in and went to our room (257). The hotel is on the Dixie Highway which was very busy, making for a noisy room, but I'm not sure the ones at the back of the hotel were any quieter!
Our room was large and, I think, newly decorated. Everything appeared very clean, although the bathroom floor could have done with a bit of a scrub. Unfortunately, both my husband and I woke with about 30 bites between us and it wasn't until we were getting dressed to leave that we found 2 ants in the bed!
Apart from the ants the rooms were good, the evening staff were lovely and the bar was cheap with cold beer. Breakfast was strange as they offered the norm, cereal, toast, and muffins, but the muffins were only in packs of 2 or mini donuts in packs of 6 - I only wanted 2 mini donuts, so the other 4 were wasted (I can't see how this can be cost effective for the hotel).
The hotel was well priced so it was good value, but I'm not sure I would return again as the area wasn't that good.

• Stayed October 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Walked into our room, light switch didn't work! Very sketchy area!
Only took 30 seconds of being in our room to decide we were not sleeping here!
Cheap place to sleep, you couldn't pay me to sleep there!

• Stayed July 2012

Travelers are raving about these Palm Bay hotels

Palm Coast, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My finacee and I stayed here over Memorial day weekend. We went out for a few hours and with good intention left our do not disturb sign on our door! We do not care for housekeeping while we stay at hotels. And this is a prime example! Not only did housekeeping come in and clean our room, and throw away some of my financee's medicine that was on the coffee table, but they went into my personal belongings and stole cash!!! We immediately we to the front desk, to a young man name Josh, who not only told us, that "well, housekeeping doesn't necessarily understand policy." and "well, its a sunday and night shift" That was our answer when we asked to speak to a manager!! Really, come on, what kind of business runs without an access to management for problems just like this!! And yes we did call the cops and Palm Bay PD kindly told us that they couldnt assist us, because the incident happened on private proverty!! We were told Monday moring by the front desk manager that her and the GM were contacted but unavailable sunday evening!! The GM came in Monday am to inquire to her staff about the incident but she did NOT come to our room nor call us to inquire about our report!!! I find this extremely rude and a very unprofessional way to handle things!! It is Tuesday evening and I still haven't gotten a phone call from the GM, either to apologize for our inconvinence, or comp us in any way, nor to ask us directly what had happened!!! I am disgusted by the GMs method of handling such incidents in at this hotel!!!! I feel like I am getting the run around between the front desk manager and being dodged by the GM!! If they both were contacted Sunday evening and on premise Monday am....god why was I not contacted?! I would have been knocking on your room door inquiring and apologizing asap! We had to track them down and I will continue to do so, until I get the GM on the phone.!!! Obviously there is a lack of concern and compassion for their travelers that stay there!!! No way to run a business!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

In April '12, I was in town looking at potential housing. I passed on one property a bit South of Palm Bay, in Grant. The mgr had my reservation dates wrong by 3 weeks! The room he showed me which was available was gross. Kept going. Then did stayed one night at another nearby. Had to get up in middle of night go outside in dark behind the building and put down towels to stop a/c unit above from dripping on my a/c unit. The sheets on the queen bed were for some smaller size and were in a bunch under me by morning. I was on bare mattress. I won't go on. The mgr actually argued with me about the quality of this dump. Finally I found Tropical Inn. Absolutely perfect. Clean, nice room, TV great, the lobby very pleasant. The pool was spotless, big and warm with plenty of chairs etc. The manager Cheryl, and her desk people were beyond friendly. They were funny! They were helpful! What a concept! I don't want to qualify the property by price. At any price this hotel is very well run, clean, comfy, safe and fun. Good job!

Room Tip: East side overlooks coastal waterway, but has traffic noise. West side overlooks pool. I assume quie...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here to attend our daughter's graduation from Florida Institute of Technology. The room was larger than we expected, especially for the rate. Furnishing have been recently updated. It was not spotless, but reasonably clean. California king bed was very comfortable. Dixie Highway, US 1, is between the hotel and river with some traffic but not heavy in the evening when we were there. Refridgerator in the room, don't remember seeing a microwave but we spent most of the evening outside sitting at a table on the second floor walkway overlooking the river. Pool looked inviting, but it was too late after dinner at the Shack just down the road. They do keep the front office locked until 8am when it opens for a sweet roll, coffee or tea breakfast. Would definetly stay here again if we had another occasion to be near FIT.

Room Tip: If you like to wake up with a gorgeous view the sunrise or watching dolphin play in the river, defin...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lehi, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The front desk personnel were very accommodating to us. We needed to come in a night earlier on Easter weekend, which was busy for them. They rearranged some rooms/reservations for us so that we could stay in the same room for both nights. The pool was great -- our boys loved it! The rooms are just average hotel rooms. Nothing fancy. They have everything you need to be comfortable though, like a mini fridge, beds to sleep in, and shower to clean up in. We didn't need anything more than that. There are cool aquariums in the lobby area. People were nice!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tropical Inn Resort? Share your experiences!