“Typical desperation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Palm Bay

You added Motel 6 Palm Bay to your Saves list
Motel 6 Palm Bay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1170 Malabar Road SE, I-95 at Exit #70, Palm Bay, FL 32907   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Palm Bay
Boca Raton
“Typical desperation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

A trip that we wish we never made the road was closed so we had no choice huge bugs and filthy room with old wet rag left in room but very shaky place please fix it now so that no one needs to go there ever again lousy tv reception ugly room and dangerous guests

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I normally don't stay in Motel 6's but the price was right so we gave it a try. It was encouraging to see a security person walking around the 1 story motel parking lot. Once in the room, it seemed nice and clean so I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. But walking around in the room felt like the building was cheap like a mobile home. The floor had some give and sounded hollow. As we laid in bed relaxing, we constantly heard car doors and cars from people coming and going, and a little noise from neighboring rooms. The walls must be very thin. There were ants in the sink, and my friend had bites on his legs the next day, though I did not. The area is a fairly good one, as this is basically next to a Lowe's and in a commercial area off 95. It's not the worst place I've stayed, but I didn't feel very comfortable there and I would not go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Palm Bay hotels

Cortlandt Manor, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My fiancé and I had just driven 15 hours to get here from Maryland (we were on our way to the Keys) and were exhausted and looking for a place to rest. For $49 a night, this was perfect. It wasn't fancy, but it did the job. The room was clean, and the place was nice and quiet. We both took a quick shower in the morning, and aside from the lack in water pressure, there was ample hot water, which was nice. The only thing I have to say is that it is a bit tricky to find. You have to literally drive through a shopping center with a Home Depot, and it's sort of caddy cornered from that. Our GPS had a us going in circles for a few minutes, but eventually, we found it. If you're looking for a cheap place just to get some sleep, this place is perfectly fine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I rented a room for a week. We paid $350.00 for the week which was to be expected for two people which was to be expected. we got in the room and there was no micro wave or fridge. I was even willing to live with that but then we tried to use the internet. My wife and I both have computers but could only use one to a time because they would only give us one password and two computers can't use the same password. they was going to charge us $2.99 per day for internet but we both have AARP cards so they didn't charge us. That figures out to be about $90.00 per month just for internet. We paid for two people but they would only let one of us use the computer. that is crap and we will never stay in this motel again. Also the tub is slippery and has no matt in it making it very dangerous and one of the lights didn't work.

Room Tip: Do not choose this one keep going find one better
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Palm Bay, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear waverunner1234567890,

Savannah, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Well you absolutely get what you pay for at this place. Just stayed one night passing through. I knew that expectations should be low, but questionable characters hanging around, soft spots in the floor- although the carpet looked fairly new, bathroom made me want to pee outside, couldn't even bring myself to brush my teeth. And the very worst...... FLEAS... Got up at 6:30am just to out of the place.. Steer clear.. It's worth 20 bucks to stay somewhere elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Palm Bay, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear hnunn21 - We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

There were last minute changes to our vacations plans and we needed a place to stay for 1 night. Motel 6 was one of the closest and probably the cheapest stay in Palm Bay, Florida as I exited off of I-95 which was good. It was weird, however, having to navigate through to the side of the plaza parking lot just to get to the front of the motel. The front desk manager was nice. She greeted us and even allowed us to see the room before we booked it. The room did smell somewhat sour like the floor was shampooed but not washed and was left like that. Also, the bed sheets had burn holes in them and the bed weren't that comfortable either...but we needed a place to stay so we couldn't complain that much. When I brought these things up to the front desk manager, surprisingly, she had a very nonchalant attitude and was not very keen on doing anything about it. Nevertheless, after some talking, we eventually got a small discount on the room and even got one close to the front entrance which was great. I didn't like the fact I had to pay for my WiFi access. Almost every other hotel I've stayed in offered free wireless internet access so even though the fee was small and nominal, that kind of turned me off a little bit. Furthermore, I kept getting kicked off the connection and had to reconnect at least 8x before going to bed. All in all, based on my experience and under different circumstances, I probably wouldn't go back but considering my situation at the time, it was what it was - a place to stay at last minute.

• Stayed April 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here when we first moved to Florida and we were looking for a place to live. Well the rooms were very dated and falling apart. The floors were disgusting. The TV was from the 80's and we didn't get 1/2 of the channels. The wifi was not free so my husband and son were sitting outside picking up lowes free wifi next door when we were told by security that we were not allowed to be out of our room after 10PM! I thought he was joking. So we went back in to our room and my husband and I smoke. In NY your not allowed to smoke Inside hotels/motels so we got a glass of wine and went outside and sat on our car hood to smoke and have a glass of wine. The security guy came back and said we were being insubordinate and we would be told to leave the next day. What?!?!? I am 38 and hubby is 48. They said smoke in your room. I said no we have our son and my mom in there and we don't smoke near them. It turns out that we didn't want to be treated like a 4 year old and we left. Don't go here. It's gross. The best part is the pool. And that is all.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Motel 6 Palm Bay? Share your experiences!