“Poor customer service. Carpets in hallway stained” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Palm Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
“Poor customer service. Carpets in hallway stained”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

When I arrived at the hotel late at night from traveling the agent at the desk refused my rate as I did not have my entertainment card. Now I find out I received no reward points for my stay as it was reported as entertainment rate. Spent an hour on the phone with rewards now trying to get that fixed. I asked if she could allow me to check in and I would have my husband fax the card to me. She refused. Thank god I had my AAA card but I still had to pay a much higher rate. Every time we entered or left the building no sort of greeting from the front desk. One day during my stay I needed to take my elderly Mother to a doctors appointment. I needed to leave the hotel by 7 am. Breakfast is supposed to be served at 630. The only thing ready was coffee toast and cereal. The woman that was working the breakfast area was very rude and blamed everything but herself for the food not being served. When it says that breakfast is at 630 that means it should be ready not just started to be put out. The rooms where fine. I was surprised for a new hotel how dirty the hall carpets where. Stains all over. Beds where good and the pancakes when you could get them where good.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
PKapur, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Tigr333

I would like to apologize for your experience at our property as this is not a normal situation.
We always honor our deeply discounted rates when identification is shown. I am sorry we did not have this presented at check in, but glad we able to honor your AAA discount when verifying your membership. Please understand that discounts are only honored to those that have the memberships to specific clubs, therefore, it must be proven that you are a member.
We can keep these benefit rates lower for guests like you when we are certain they are not abused.

Our HOT bkfst buffet is always served from 6:30am to 9:30am. I will personally look into our schedule and security cameras to get to the bottom of what happened that day if you supply us with the date.

I will also be sure you get your rewards points if you supply me with your IHG Rewards number.

I look forward to your call

Holly Bernard
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here 12/24 & 25. Wonderful time. Was unaware this hotel even existed because it is off the main street. Friendly Christmas spirit. Nice ample free brunch. Ample parking. Pleasant workout room. Nice outdoor pool. Reasonable prices. We had a great time. If I need a hotel in Palm Bay again, will stay here. Thank you.

Room Tip: Nice place to stay. It is 1/2 block off Malabar Rd on the south side in a pleasant setting. Pleasa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
PKapur, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Alan

We are delighted to note that the quality of service you experienced met your expectations. It is our aim to ensure you and all our guests have a very enjoyable stay and we are pleased to note this was the case for you.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sending your feedback.

palmbayhiexpress@live.com
Michigan Center, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

this holiday inn is manged by p.k. who is always there for your every need.from the staff and maintence group everything is top notch. we have been coming there for 4 years in a row and it has always been spotless in every way. from our rooms to the great free breakfast to the hallwaysand the pool area. they are also a green hotel that makes it even better.the front desk helps you with everything from getting boarding passes to soap detergent. they are always smiling and are very efficent.

Room Tip: rooms on the 3rd floor are convient and the back rooms facing the back parking lot are quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hamilton, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night before finishing our drive to get on a cruise. The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly. Tiffany was there upon check in and check out and she was most helpful. Our room had everything we needed and was clean and comfortable. There is an in room coffee maker which is always nice. The bed was very comfortable and we love, love, love the pillows at Holiday Inn Express hotels. We have been trying to buy them, but as we live in Canada it hasn't been easy. I think all the locations should stock some for sale! The breakfast area is roomy and has adequate choices and was very clean. We would stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Having landed at Orlando late afternoon , we stayed overnight en route to Southern Florida. Very convenient and accessible from I 95, well signed and easy to park. Our twin double bedded room was spacious and very comfortable with usual Hol Inn facilities - once we had worked out how to use the coffee maker !
We didn't have time to use the small swimming pool, but it looked adequate for a cooling dip. Breakfast was basic with a reasonable choice of breads, cornflakes and ham / eggs. Reception staff were polite and efficient.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PKapur, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback, we hope to see you soon.

las vegas, nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located. Nice, big room. Clean. Friendly staff. Great price for Holiday Inn (they tend to be more expensive than I like). A little hard to find, because they're set back and don't have a big giant sign.

Stayed January 2014
PKapur, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for a great review. We make sure all the guest are satisfied during their stay with us. We hope to see you soon.

GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay? Share your experiences!