“It is Florida BBQ.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q

Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q
425 N State Road 19, Palatka, FL 32177 (Formerly Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q)
386 328 4655
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 54 restaurants in Palatka
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
Spring Hill, Kansas
“It is Florida BBQ.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Let me start by saying I reside in the Kansas City area and travel weekly to Texas. Arguably, either state has some of the best BBQ in the world. The service was excellent at Sonny's. The place is nice. The cole slaw was really yummy as were the mashed potatoes, but the BBQ?? I left most of it on my plate. What I did eat I cover in their un-ho,t hot bbq sauce. Okay, I admit it. I'm a bar-b-que snob but I'm sorry. This is what the folks back home and in Texas call Corporate Bar-B-Que. The placed seemed busy and I've got to think most people really like it, so I wouldn't hesitate go there as long as you aren't Texan.

Visited October 2013
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Kansascloud, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry to hear that our BBQ is not to your expectations. If you would like to provide us with any suggestions or comments, we'd love to hear from you. Please send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with your ideas so that we can take them into consideration. We appreciate your feedback.

47% Recommend
“Not very clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was okay, as was the pricing, but the restaurant seemed dirty. A friend suggested we have lunch there. I wouldn't go back again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Babciu, thank you for the review. We're sorry to hear that we were not up to your expectations. Allow us to help! Please email us at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with further details about your visit, including the location, so that we can address the issues you encountered. We would greatly appreciate your feedback!
Salt Springs, Florida
“Will not go here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We thought we would try it again
Coffee was cold French fries were cold and pork was all fat corn looked awful bit ice tea was good waitress were all in the corner of the room laughing. Poor service

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your review, Ronald E. We're sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Let us help! Please email us at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with further details about your experience so that we can address the issue. We appreciate your feedback.
Florida
“NEW BRISKET AND SAUSAGE SANDWICH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The new brisket and sausage sandwich. Best sandwich I've ever had At Sonny's. Definitely will order it again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palatka, Florida
“Good BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had the combo plate, and it offered a good selection of the menu. The food was well prepared though the chicken was a bit dry for my liking. The ribs were fantastic. Service could have been better, but maybe it was just my server, as i saw other servers running and being attentive... mine: not so much.

I'd go back there in the future and hope for a better server. And i'd avoid the chicken. But i'd go there for ribs for sure.

Felt it was a little over priced, but will try a different selection next time and see what happens.

• Visited May 2013