“Pleasant place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Cove Resort

You added Crystal Cove Resort to your Saves list
Crystal Cove Resort
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   133 Crystal Cove Drive, Palatka, FL 32177 (Formerly The Moorings Motel)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Palatka
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pleasant place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to get away for a quiet weekend. This place was perfect for that. They have remodeled much of the place and are obviously still doing more. We were originally going to stay in the 2nd section but upon arrival a room had become available in the main bldg so she moved us over "because they still have people working in the other bldg". The staff are friendly and the place is clean. The Hard Dock Cafe has a bar downstairs and outside seating. The food is excellent and is priced reasonably. Great view of the river from that side of the grounds. Beds are comfortable. Too cool for the pool but it looks nice and clean. For the money... One of the best deals we've enjoyed in our many years of traveling. We will definitely be back. I can't wait to see what more the new owners will be doing here.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hayesville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visit Palatka every year to see a friend. I keep looking for a neat place to stay. Based on the reviews, I thought this might be it. But the reviewers must have been staying in a room in the main building as my room in the outside wing was just average. The décor was nice and the best thing about the room is that they installed overhead fans - wish other motels in Florida would do this. However, my towels were thin and the room did not have a hair dryer. By the time I purchased a hair dryer and bought breakfast, my room rate was on par with other places in the area. Upon checking out, I found out that they offer a small breakfast buffet but I was not told about it upon checking in and since I was in another building, I had no way of knowing about it. The view of the main building is great, right on the water, so those rooms would have nice views. The outside building has no view of the water. I did not try the restaurant but my friend visited there after I left and liked it. The outside building has no elevator so you have to haul your luggage up the steps, so if you have knee problems, be sure and get a room on the bottom floor or in the main building. The location was quiet, except for the occasional train whistle and the river location looked great.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
CCRFL, Manager at Crystal Cove Resort, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback. We apologize for not meeting your total expectations when staying with us. We do offer two separate guest room accommodation types. Our west wing building is accommodating to fisherman and our trailered boat guests. Tile floors, electrical hook ups outside each guest room. With the rooms being non-water view it offers for a more economical stay while still allowing all the amenities of a waterfront property. Our main building water front guest room accommodations definitely preview our beautiful location and views of the St. Johns River. We do offer a complimentary continental breakfast to all our guests which is located in the main building. The main building also offers direct access to our waterfront pool, lounge and restaurant. We hope to extend an invitation for you to come stay with us again. We truly want to meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I believe staying in the main building would better suite your needs during your next visit. Thanks so much for your business!
Cadiz, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I don't have enough room to say all the great things about Crystal Cove Resort and the new owners. My family of 4 and my in-laws spent 7 days at the resort and we absolutely loved it!! The new owners and all the staff were great. They have done an awesome job of remodeling and making the place feel welcoming. We are planning on making this our summer vacation destination for years to come.

Room Tip: The water front suites are roomy and great especially if you have kids or are planning on staying a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ridgecrest, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have eaten at what used to be Corky Bell's many times over the years when visiting family in Palatka. We never stayed in the adjacent hotel as it was plain old spooky. The type of place you would pile the luggage in front of the door for security at night. On this visit we decided to give the new hotel, Crystal Cove Resort, a try as the Holiday Inn was booked and we read that it was under new ownership. We were not disappointed. The hotel has been updated, feels safe, is clean, and the staff was outstanding. Sure, the room doors are still "keyed" entry and the building has not undergone a major renovation but the hotel was a pleasant surprise especially considering it is not located in a major metropolitan area. We stayed in the main building so I cannot comment on the rooms in the adjacent building. The new restaurant, Blue Water Bay, was also a pleasant surprise. We will likely stay here on future visits.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Eight of us stopped for lunch today and we all thoroughly enjoyed our lunch there. The food and service was very good. They have a Brie and mango quesadilla that was different and tasty. The salmon and asparagus wrap was very good and the mango coleslaw was excellent. We definitely recommend giving this restaurant a try if you are in the area.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Palatka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have a local business and know the NEW OWNERS. These people have really taken the place to new heights. The reviews you see that are less than Excellent are from the previous owners. This place is top notch now. A beautiful location and really nice people. Gators, otters and manatees on the river to see. Boats to rent. Plenty to see and do locally. Ravine Gardens State Park. Excellent food in the hotel Now! If you leave unhappy it is on you. I put friends and business associates in here. We eat there regularly. Love it, Love it!

Room Tip: The rooms in the main hotel are very large and some have river views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Haysi, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband, myself, and some more family members stayed 5 nights at the Crystal Cove Resort the first part of March. Wonderful place, the new owners Kelly and Whitney were very nice and friendly along with all of the other staff. The rooms were roomy and comfortable. We rented a pontoon boat for a day to go out on St Johns River, and because my husband was disabled, they volunteered to let Mark one of their staff go out with us. He did everything he good to make our trip enjoyable, he went beyond his duties to see that we had a good time, he is an exceptional nice guy. Thanks Mark for making our stay there so enjoyable. I would highly recommend this place for anyone that wants a good quiet enjoyable place to stay with people that are very nice. We will be coming back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crystal Cove Resort? Share your experiences!