“So tasty & homemade fresh” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Fish & Chips
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“So tasty & homemade fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Grouper was the best we have had in the area. Great waitstaff & prices were fair. So nice to have fresh food that is well prepared.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NC
“This time waitstaff was a problem”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The food was fine, tasty and fresh. My complaint was with our hostess, young woman, thin with long dark hair and a scowl on her face. We asked to be seated where we would not get any cigarette smoke. This is very important to me as I have asthma. She looked at us and rolled her eyes! Sat us down. About halfway into our meal we were engulfed in cigarette smoke from the tables below us! I had no idea they were smoking tables, I was hoping the staff at Molly Goodheads would know this and seat me as I asked. We were dining with other people and had already gotten our meal so it would have been too awkward to move. I had a very difficult time during the meal to say the least! Please teach this young lady how to treat customers because you just lost one because of her. The rest of the staff was fine and had no complaints with them.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, FL
“Good food and rustic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Well there iws a story here and I will be short. I grew up playing in this house as it belonged to my Grandfathers sister Aunt Maggie and ever so often I stop by and eat just to see how they are taking care of the place and see if Aunt Maggie would approve...however while you are there have some of the clam chowder or he crab soup both are delicious.

Visited January 2013
Suncoast Florida
“What's Going on Here?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have been eating at Molly's for years the food and service range from excellent to average. Our visit last Sunday was just ok. I have had many good meals at Molly's and decided to finally Laurel's Chicken Pasta Salad. The menu claims the boss likes this salad. Grilled chicken, penne pasta , romaine lettuce, carrots and cucumbers , which where great , the problem is they were tossed in a very bland ranch dressing. The oyster Po Boy was served with no dressing at all .
We sat in the covered outdoor area next to a couple with 2 children that only knew how to scream. The mother of the children was an employee at the restaurant who abruptly left with her children , drove around our side of the building and scream continuously at her male companion to get in the car.
We will return to Molly's, hopefully we will have good experiences like we have in the past.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Many food and drink choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have not been here in a long while. The food was better than we remembered it years ago. So it must have gone through some good changes. The waitress was quick to greet and help us. I even got a beer for $1.50 wow. They have several choices like Stella or simple things like Bud select.
The food choices are bountiful. Lots of good sandwiches and appetizers are to be found.
I enjoyed a club sandwich and a blackened Maui sandwich with buffalo shrimp.
The place looks like an old house, but was clean.
I noticed the bar has a new tile top and a few things have been done.

• Visited January 2013