“Another knock out punch!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1660 S Tamiami Trail, Osprey, FL 34229   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Osprey
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Another knock out punch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was me and my fiance's 2nd time staying at this hotel. Boy oh boy, they as always they overwhelmed us with kindness, greatness, and all the other good stuff. I honestly didn't think anything could be better than the first time but I was wrong. The place as always was beautiful. We enjoyed the new menu items at Morgans and were very impressed with all the new changes especially the live music. The place was much more lively which is to be expected as a business grows. My only regret is that I didn't go when it was warmer but that's another adventure for the future :) We thank Bentley's once again from the bottom of our hearts.

Room Tip: We've never had a pool side room there but I kind of wish we could have. It's really a beau...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Greg W, General Manager at Bentley's Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review us. We just got a new menu in Morgan's and we are so glad that you were able to enjoy yourself for dinner. We can't wait to have you back for a great third stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

On our last night in Florida, we stayed at Bentley's and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and would without a doubt go back there. You walk into the lobby and you think you're in another era - art deco - beautiful. You wouldn't know it from the outside. The rate quoted for the one night we were staying there (this was in person at the front desk) was more than what was shown on the TripAdvisor site and without hesitation, when I showed them the rate on my smart phone, they honored the lower rate. I made the reservation a couple of days in advance and I'm glad I did so as it was filled up by time we arrived. So, you have this lovely art deco designed lobby and you walk out through the lobby to the pool area and you're in a different world - very tropical with a large pool, many lounge areas and a big tiki bar. When we checked in a couple of nights later, we walked into a lovely, ultra modern, European-style room. Not huge, but plenty of room with a beautiful king size bed (very comfortable). It even had a Keurig coffee maker with two k-cups for us (nice touch). The bathroom was very modern and very clean and had all the amenities that you would need. In the morning, there's a cafe for the complimentary breakfast - very nice. To one side of the lobby is a nightclub called Morgan's which is open Friday and Saturday nights. I would highly recommend this hotel - it's well worth the very reasonable cost and is just so different than run of the mill hotels/motels.

I should mention that the hotel, on route 41 (Tamiami Trail) is kind of in the middle of nothing, but is close to everything within a few minute drive - in other words, there isn't anything that you can walk to but is an easy drive from there, be it Sarasota or Venice. I highly recommend Rosebuds - a steak house about a mile away. The Tiki bar in the pool area does serve food until 9:00 though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you for this review. We are glad you were able to use all our accommodations here at Bentley's such as our Infinity Pool and Tiki Bar! We hope to have you back for another great stay.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We needed a spacious clean room for our 3 night visit to the Sarasota area during our Florida road trip for myself, my wife and our 19 year old daughter, and that is exactly what we got...and more.
The room was a 2 queen bed on the ground floor and had all the facilities expected of a US hotel - coffee maker, safe, fridge, large TV etc. The bathroom was well appointed and beautifully clean with a good powerful shower and plenty of towels and toiletries. The beds were comfortable with freshly laundered and soft sheets and pillows - all the necessities for a good night's sleep.
The whole hotel had a fresh and fragrant aroma, not stale and muggy like some others I could mention. The breakfast was excellent, and I especially liked the "made to order" breakfast muffins as well as the plentiful hot coffee. Special mention goes to the breakfast staff in the Coffee House/ Wine Bar for their attentiveness.
The check in staff were polite, attentive and helpful in my various requests (directions, nearest shops and amenities etc.) and even though we arrived a little earlier than the official check in time, we were offered our room without delay.
We didn't make use of the pool or tiki bar area, mainly because of the cool weather we were experiencing, but they certainly looked inviting and well-maintained. I'm sure these facilities would be a huge bonus during peak seasons. I also understand there is entertainment at weekends, but again, we were unable to appreciate this as we were there midweek.
The location is easy to find, ample parking and only a few minutes drive from a big shopping/cinema complex and about 25 minutes from downtown Sarasota which is a delightful little town. We also visited Myakka State Park (30 mins) which I can highly recommend also.
A big thumbs up from me and my family, and should we return, we would be happy to stay at Bentleys again! (Particularly liked the references to the London Tube stations on each bedroom door even though we are from North Wales!)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. We are always pleased to hear when our guests enjoyed their stay with us! Did you know that Oscar Scherer Park is only a mile south from Bentley's? Just like Myakka State Park but closer! Thank you again.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Was in Florida 15 days on vacation and stayed at Bentley's twice during that time. What a hidden treasure! The hotel was referred to me by a friend who didn't tell me anything about the place. After checking in we found the pool/tiki area and never left that night, it became a vacation within a vacation. Sat out by the pool with some friends and had burgers and a few drinks and then took a late night swim in a pool that felt like a warm bath. Breakfast was awesome too. On our second stay we had two teenagers with us who found the hotel awesome. They spent some time at the pool and then got pizza from the pizza vending machine. The rooms were clean and really "cool" as the kids said. Great location, near all the great beaches and the staff was really nice and helpful. We will be back again...want to check out the restaurant and night club next time!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greg W, General Manager at Bentley's Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
What a great review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay twice with us. Our Tiki Bar and Pool area is open 7 days a week which includes Live Music on Friday and Saturday! Thank you for reviewing us!
Terceira, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a lovely clean hotel that has it's positives and negatives.

Unlike many vacation hotel you may think about in Florida, this one is not near a beach. So if you like beaches you should also like cars.

The room was acceptable.
The wifi was a bit weak and AT&T cell phone coverage in the rooms was disappointing.
The bathrooms look like they were recently done, but several things were overlooked. There was a lack of counter space around the sink to place toiletries and other items. The shower has a very cool glass wall instead of a curtain. But while I like the idea of a glass wall in place of a curtain it did mean that you have to pretty much stand in the shower in front of the faucet to turn the water on. I don't like the type of faucet they chose either. I like to be able to adjust the water pressure and temperature separately, and on this one the water is just on, there is not adjustment for the pressure, only the temperature can be adjusted.
They also did not put an exhaust fan in the bathroom, or provide very much sound insulation at all, so you can hear whatever your travel companion is doing in there.
The shower head was placed a decent height, which at 6'3" I was very happy with, and the water pressure and temperature stayed constant. The bed was comfortable with nice blankets and pillows.

The overall sound insulation for the room was on par with similar hotels. Our room was on the back side of the hotel so we did not get any of the street or pool noise, and only heard a few guests in the hallway.

Breakfast in the morning was complimentary, and the standard "continental" fare found full of carbs. bagels, cereal, yoghurt, juices, an assortment of pastries. Grilled breakfast sandwiches are available on request, but there was not menu or sign for them, even though they are complimentary.
While eating breakfast we were presented with a "bill" that we signed almost only stating that we were staying in the hotel. I'm not sure if they have had problems in the past, but I should never feel like I am paying for a complimentary breakfast, and having to sign for it made me feel like a customer, and not a guest.

I may stay again if I am passing through. Their location on the Tamiami Trail is fairly easy to find and get around to lots of places. But if I just want to hang out at the beach I'll stay somewhere closer.

Etobicoke
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

There are many things to like about Bentleys and many things that could improve. On the map, it looks very close to a beach, but is In fact on a major road and you can't walk anywhere. The staff is overly casual - wearing sweatshirts at the front desk, with their lunch beside them. The restaurant has good food, but the breakfast area is modest. Rooms are the best feature with great bathroom and good bed and furnishings. Would suggest this as an on route stopover and not as a destination.

Sebastian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is without question a "do again.". The room was very clean and spacious and every staff person was friendly. The bed especially comfortable. The only glitch in an otherwise perfect stay was the server in the breakfast room the first morning of our stay (1/14/13) who clearly did not want to be there and she demonstrated that by her terse remarks and her non-attention to the n of the food areas. She was not there our second morning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing us. We offer Live Music on Friday and Saturday evenings at the Tiki Bar. We hope to have you back for another visit soon.

Been to Bentley's Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!