“Pinch Me...I Think That I'm Dreaming!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach

You added Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   507 S Atlantic Ave, Ormond Beach, FL 32176 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Sun City
“Pinch Me...I Think That I'm Dreaming!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was SO thrilled when I saw the view from our room on the third floor (Rm 313). I felt like we were living a dream. I am a native Southern Californian, spoiled by the views of the Pacific Ocean, and I never imagined the beautiful beach that we had access to here on the East Coast. What a lovely stretch of beach!! I never expected to get a million-dollar view like this at an economy-priced hotel. From the huge window (or if we sat on the porch) we had a clear view of both the pool and the beach/ocean (and EVERY room has an ocean view and a small patio with patio chairs). Because of the views from my room, I could stay upstairs and still watch anyone in either the pool or on the beach (I also had full view of my car that was safely parked at the hotel). The area and the hotel were quiet, safe, and convenient. We were located on the "main drag" of the Daytona Beach area, and we were only one mile from the Daytona Pier and Boardwalk. All of the hotel staff were friendly and welcoming. They went out of their way to insure that we were enjoying our vacation. Moe, Gigi, Ellen, and all of the other Howard Johnson staff treated us like family. I was vacationing with my twin 16 year old grandchildren, and we enjoyed using the refreshing pool as we relaxed with the sounds of ocean next to us. The pool area was rather large, well maintained, and there was even a separate "kiddy pool" for guests with young children. Our room was not fancy, but it was clean, large, and well laid out. It was nice to have a full kitchen, and a mirrored dressing table outside of the bathroom. It wasn't a "handicapped room", but Moe (the manager) provided me with a shower-chair to use when bathing. Everyday Gigi gave us printed copies of interesting facts about the area ( I teach "history", so I appreciated this extra information), and coupons and suggestions for local restaurants and attractions. There are two convenient stores directly across the street, and a huge miniature golf facility less than a block from the hotel. The beach is very clean, and a lifeguard was stationed right in front of our hotel. We never had to worry about unwanted loud "beach parties" or any safety issues. Even at night, we felt safe walking along the shore. This was DEFINATELY one of the BEST hotel values this I have ever had. I love Southern California, but I WILL be back to the Howard Johnson Inn in Ormond Beach again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach

Address: 507 S Atlantic Ave, Ormond Beach, FL 32176 (Formerly Comfort Inn)
Location: United States > Florida > Ormond Beach
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 On the Beach Hotel in Ormond Beach
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach 2*
Situated near the beach in Ormond Beach, Howard Johnson Inn is close to Riviera Country Club. Additional area attractions include Daytona Lagoon Water park,Speedway and Boardwalk Amusement Area and Pier. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham and Despegar.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn On The Beach Hotel Ormond Beach
Comfort Inn Ormond Beach
Ormond Beach Comfort Inn

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.