“Expected More” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach

You added Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   507 S Atlantic Ave, Ormond Beach, FL 32176 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
“Expected More”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I probably should start by saying that I usually frequent higher rated hotels. Not 5 stars mind you but I am use to the room being a little cleaner than what ours was. The carpets were stained but I'm pretty sure they were going to be changed out as soon as we checked out as they were changing out the carpets in the rooms on either side of ours. The shower head holes were too small for the amount of water pressure therefore showers were very uncomfortable. (thank goodness for sunscreen because you wouldn't dare use the shower with any sunburn). We checked in on Wednesday and out on Friday and the ice machine was broken the entire time. On the upside. the beds were clean and comfortable and the room was large (with the kitchenette).

Room Tip: Good hotel if you are pinching pennies.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Seeing as most hotels gouge people during event weeks, we were very pleased to find such a bargain for Daytona bike week, only about 10 miles away from the race track. Clean room, right on the beach, very courteous staff at the desk every time we went by, had a good stay. We did not have time to use the pool while we were there but it looked nice and clean from the balcony!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Central FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Service, beds/pillows, pool, cost of room and ocean view were very good. Having a small refrig/microwave,dehumidifier and continental breakfast were added bonuses. Your own sitting area outside room with 2 chairs and table were so appreciated. The 2 convenience stores across the street which are open 24/7 sure are handy if you need to purchase anything. My TV had a super sharp picture. The downside was the cleanliness of the carpet, windowsill, totally gross stain on base of toilet, decaying caulking on tub, old stained/chipped outside chairs/table and non-clean walkway to my room. I was still able to make my stay enjoyable and will return someday when I am craving that oceanfront atmosphere as I did get a lot for the cost of the room. Oh, and pets are allowed on first floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the beach as rooms located by A1A subject to high noise level due to traffic...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Tavares, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stay at this hotel everytime we come to Ormond. Gigi in the front office is one of the most caring and bubbly people you could meet! We have always dealt with her, and as ALWAYS, accomodated us EVERY time! Excellent place to stay!!

Room Tip: Pick the oceanfront rooms. Excellent rooms that are big.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Our room did have an ocean view, as they all do but the service was awful and the room was dirty and beds not comfy. We reserved a room with a kitchenette and the stove only half worked, the water in the tub backed up so you were standing in dirty water as you showered... The air conditioner didn't work without making an awful noise when air came through it. This was fine until a strong storm came through and it was so winding that I finally had to have someone attempt to cover it with a trash bag at midnight when I couldn't sleep, which only half worked.....The front desk person was very unhelpful and seemed unconcerned about the issue. In the midst of this I ended up getting stuck in the elevator. Awful awful awful is how I would rate this motel :( The only positive was that it was on the beach.

Room Tip: pay a little extra and book somewhere nice. This hotel was recently taken over by a new ownder in De...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We have stayed at this motel for several years as the Comfort Inn. Each year we make our reservations for the following year which means we book our rooms a year in advance. Since we were informed the motel had changed owners, I called on February 22 to confirm my room. The gentleman I talked with could not locate my reservation and just kept saying he didn't have anything for me. I did tell him I had a written conformation with the date, rate and room number but he seem unwilling to even search for my reservation. Perhaps there was a bit of a language barrier but I feel I tried several times to explain the situation to him. He just kept saying "no reservation". He was very unfriendly, rude and unwilling to help. If this is the type of customer service this location has, me and my friends will go elsewhere. Since I was so disturbed by the behavior of this individual, I called back in the evening and talked with a lady named Gigi who was most helpful and found my reservation without any problem. We are going to stay at this location this year and hope the customer service improves so we can continue for many more years.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Rooms are very clean and comfortable.All rooms had an Ocean view. you will get a better deal just calling the hotel direct at [--] then on the hotel's website or any travel sites

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Ormond Beach? Share your experiences!