“Good stay excellent price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Ormond Beach

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Ormond Beach to your Saves list
Motel 6 Ormond Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1614 N US Hwy 1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174 (Formerly Quality Inn Ormond Beach)   |
Ranked #23 of 28 hotels in Ormond Beach
“Good stay excellent price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Was traveling through for a tour of Stetson University and on to the Disney soccer showcase and was just looking for an inexpensive place to crash for the night. There are about 4 hotels side by side this hotel seemed cleaned and was the cheapest. When we got in the room I was amazed at how clean it was, and just well maintained. The bed was mucho the comfortable than what I paid 3x as much for at a Marriott during our stay for in Orlando for so very tourney.
Staff was very friendly and helpful, definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bryceville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We chose this location for the visit to the Speedway for Turkey Rod Run. These rooms all pretty much carry the same theme. This one actually had a microwave and refrigerator in it that was useful. If you look close enough you will find something to complain about but then again think about how much you are paying and what you are getting. No thrills just somewhere to lay your head

• Stayed November 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

It was Aug 2012 my husband and I rode our Harley out there for a lil get away we checked in and left to get dinner came back and we parked in front of our room the here comes this guy yellin at my husband sayin he was parked in his spot and he needed to move we said that the spot was not marked for anybody the guy was the manager for the motel..so we moved the motorcycle and he called the police on us and made us leave and we only had been in the room 30 mins and they would not even give us our money back so I will never stay at that place again we went to the hotel next door and they said that they have so many ppl comin there from motel 6 becuz of the manager....so I suggest not goin to that place

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I'm generally a fan of the Motel 6 chain, as I prefer no-frills lodging. I also backpack internationally, and have stayed in some places worse than this... but not much. The good part, for me, was the staff behind the front desk. They were friendly on check-in, and addressed a fairly significant issue with grace and professionalism. That's where the good news stops, especially in light of the fact that there are about a half-dozen other motels in the immediate area at similar prices.

I've always joked about motels where the roaches scatter when you turn on the lights, but I have never experienced it first-hand until this visit. There had been heavy rains, and I was assured that they were "palmetto bugs," but a roach is a roach, and more than one is telling. Staff handled this situation well, notified maintenance, and promptly gave me another room in a different part of the complex that had only one palmetto bug in the bathtub the following morning.

Bugs aside, this Motel 6 appears to exist at the intersection of US 1 North and the Boulevard of Broken Dreams. The furniture was completely beaten, with large strips of laminate finish peeling or missing on the nightstands, dresser, desk and fridge stand. During the day, sunlight came in from a half-inch crack under the door. The clientele was somewhat surly, and I was under the impression that Motel 6 was the primary residence for a handful of them, who availed themselves of the weekly rates. The room was musty, but cleared within a couple of hours of full-blown air conditioning. The carpet had visible crumbs in the corners. One of the lamps in the first room I was given lacked a shade.

Motel 6, like the other motels in the area, is conveniently located 20 minutes from the beach, and an eighth-mile from a Gentleman's Club called "Cheaters."

In summary, I simply cannot advise people to stay here, especially with so many other options in the area. It's next to a Days Inn, a Scottish Inn, and a Super 8 among others. Pay the extra five or ten bucks so you don't have to check the bed throughout the night, and leave this one to the day laborers and long-term guests nearing the end of their ropes.

Room Tip: To find a good room, go across the street to a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Mesquite
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This property was obviously previously owned by another chain and not yet converted as it bore no resemblence to the others. The room and bath were squeaky clean. Thicker towels, really comfortable bed with big fluffy pillows ( and plenty of them). I did not want to get up! The desk staff was courteous and friendly. All and all a very pleasant stay. I will definitely stay here again. I hope they maintain this one as it is. A real treat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

In May 2012 we made reservations for a 9 day stay , 3 adults, 2 rooms , 1 dog. Everything good with our reservations , even checked with them before we left Pa . Drove 13 hrs got to the motel to be told to get our dog out of the lobby and we would not be able to have a room with them due the size of our dog. We have a great dane who is 3 yrs old and listens so good. We ask for the mananger to be told he was not there , the clerk on desk duty was eating an ice cream cone and to busy worrying about that then helping us. We said we made the reservations back in May. We were told to leave that they are a private owned motel 6 and their rule is no pets over 40 lbs . We were also lied to about the managner not being on site when all of a sudden he appeared out of the back with such a nasty attitude , told us to get out of his motel. as we got in our car to leave he got in his car and followed us down the highway all the while hooking his horn, running us off the highway. We had to call the Ormond police . What a way to start our vacation especially after driving 13 hrs , all we wanted to do was relax . WOW so dispointing . But needless to say we found another motel that the staff was great and didnt mind the size of our dog. Stay away from motel 6 managner/owner is a nightmare with an attitude that needs adjusted on how to deal with customers. And needs a better staff to work the desk . very rude all the way around ................................ GREAT DANE OWNER FROM PA

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lehigh Acres, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

It was a late night...but the rate was very attractive...30bucks...you cannot beat that.
The front desk was friendly...
rooms--i think the rooms are clean, but when we parked the car and then walking to the room, outside the room, god, there were like 5 huge roaches !!! live!!!! I was scared, but then when we got in the room, it looked ok. Not dirty.
Anyway, it was not a bad experience, since I stayed at a lot of places before, i'm a business traveler. I would give it 2 stars but for the price, 3 in total.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Ormond Beach? Share your experiences!