We have 4 children (ages 5, 5, 4, 1) and found this to be an excellent place for families with young children. Our 2-bedroom South Tower room was a great size for a family of 6. The room was spacious and comfortable. We didn't have the best view on the 2nd floor though. Most of our view was of parking lots and the neighboring resort. But having a living room and full kitchen was a tremendous help to us. It is also nice to be able to quickly walk down to the beach or pool any time we wanted.
The only negatives were: 1. Our room (201A) had a problem with ants (we aren't picky though so we just killed them and moved on!), 2. The outdoor pool (which is otherwise great!) was very cold even with 80 degree temps during the day in October. The nights are cool enough to really cool the pool off by morning and the building blocks the sun in the afternoon making it a bit chilly. We recommend the resort get a heater for the pool to at least get the water temp up to a comfortable level. 3. The master bathroom has no door and the shower door is clear glass. There is no privacy in the bath or shower unless the bedroom door is closed. It would be nice to at least have a curtain covering the doorway from the room to the bath area.
October is, overall, a great time to visit. There are no crowds anywhere for anything, either at the resort or for any of the attractions in the Daytona area.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove On Ormond Beach Hotel
- The Cove On Ormond Beach Hotel Ormond Beach
- Cove On Ormond Beach
- Cove On Hotel Ormond Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a relaxed approach to life on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean at The Cove On Ormond Beach. Absorb the warmth of the Florida sun watching a spectacular sunrise from your private balcony. Stroll down the beach with no set schedule and no particular place to go. Enjoy the excitement of Daytona Beach, just moments away. Relax to the sounds of the ocean at night in the beachfront hot tub. Explore shops and sights sure to please your inquisitive nature. Refresh your senses with your feet in the surf and your mind in the clouds.Directly on the beach of the Atlantic Ocean, this 112-condo resort features newly renovated one- and two-bedroom condo villas featuring a living room, a dining area, a full kitchen and a private balcony with an ocean view. Exciting extras include larger floor plans, upgraded furnishings, plasma TVs and in-condo washer and dryer. Settle back and enjoy the splendor of a Florida beach vacation, complete with sun, surf and small town charm. Recharge at the oceanfront activity deck, with a pool featuring a two-story tube slide, hot tub, barbecue and picnic area and direct access to the resort’s over 150 feet of sandy beach. Swim laps in the indoor pool or relax in the guest lounges. Experience the best of land and sea – golfing, shelling, deep sea fishing, horseback riding, theatre shows, river rides, gambling cruises and Daytona International Speedway. Discover the mysteries of St. Augustine’s Fort Matanzas on a leisurely day trip. Make the most of your vacation time with our concierge services, including local tours and excursions, area attractions, golf course tee times, shopping information, and dining reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, BookIt.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Cove on Ormond Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.