“Great Hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Chicago
“Great Hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

This hotel was wonderful! The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful and made a great first impression. The hotel rooms were very nice and the fact that they had washer/dryer units, (in the South tower only), made it great for me so I could wash all of our clothes before heading home, and in between days. The pool/lazy river was a little on the small side but the kids loved it and it felt good to get in and cool off. The beach access was SO close! The only downside on the beach is that cars can drive on it, which I thought was very dangerous with all of the kids, but no one asked me. LOL! Anyhoo, the beach was great, clean, the chairs and umbrellas are first come first serve, but we didn't really have a problem getting them. I think they start set up around 9 so by the time we got up and had breakfast it was perfect timing to get out there and grab some chairs and an umbrella. The pool/beach staff were also very friendly and helpful as were the housekeepers and maintenance men that we came across. There's WIFI but you have to pay for it. There is a community computer located in the lobby and it's first come first serve as well. I just needed to print my boarding passes though, so I had no problem jumping on there and printing them out. And they actually printed them for me for FREE!! Yep! No charge. Other hotels we have stayed at charged us to print anything but not these guys. It was very nice and helpful. There are great restaurants nearby as well. Charlie Horse was incredible for their all-you-can-eat crab legs! They were really good!! My young kids were even eating them. Overall, this was a great hotel. Perfect for lounging around on the beach or at the pool, easy access to restaurants and ice cream. There were grocery stores nearby and then Walmart was a little ways away, but nothing too far. I highly recommend this place. =)

Room Tip: I just asked for an ocean view room if possible.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Plainfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I can't believe I traded my beautiful timeshare in Playa Del Carmen for this disgusting place! The 2 bedroom unit was half the size of what I traded for. The couch was stained and hard like a rock. The dining room table and coffee table were so shaky we were afraid to use them for fear they would topple over. WWe put my one year old grandson down to walk around while we got settled. When we picked him up his feet were as black as if he'd been walking on blacktop. The so called lazy river will was so small you could go around it in less than a minute. The pool slide is all rusted and nasty looking. In order to get more towels you had to bring them down to the desk. No house cleaning was provided, It was disgusting!

Dallas, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had asked for a beach front room and at check in was told that was what we were getting, it was a beach side view and not a very good one because of the palm trees outside that made it hard to see the beach. Also, thought it could have been a little cleaner as far as the lobby and the inside pool. There seemed to be extra charges for everything, i.c. internet access. Having chairs put oout on the beach was a very nice thing. The price was good. We probably would not stay there again.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My boys and I stayed at the Cove last summer and are anxiously awaiting our return visit! The rooms are very nice with incredibly comfy beds, very clean, and friendly/ accomodating staff. We will be staying for 2 1/2 weeks this time so I will post my extended stay review and expect it will be fabulous. The previous year we stayed at DBR and after comparison, we prefer the Cove :) Smaller and more intimate with beautiful rooms and wonderful views!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Elkins, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

My kids fell in love with the pool the minute we pulled in to the cove. This was a stop on our way home from Disney and turned out to be extremely relaxing. The kids (6-10 yr olds) could go from the pool to the beach easily. Some traffic on this part of the beach but it wasn't a problem. No free wi-fi and no smoking...even on the balconies of the room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We just got back from vacation. We still love the Cove. We are so glad to see Dave back. We loved Vince and Teddy. The rooms are always nice. I just wish they would have kept the deeper pool outdoors. But I still love this place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I love this facility. The staff is wonderful. Location great. Value awesome. My only drawback is the dishes in the rooms. This was our third stay and each time the dishes in the cabinets were dirty. I would advise to run all dshes through the washer before using them. Other than this you will not go wrong with staying here. We will come back again in February 2012 for race weekend.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Cove on Ormond Beach? Share your experiences!