“Wouldnt stay here again” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Wouldnt stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was a one night stopover as we landed early evening,with the possiblity of more nights if we liked it there.

Check in was simple and quick, but the reception staff were rude. Soon as we opened the room door we were greeted with a awful smell, resulting in having to wedge the room door open for a hour to get rid of the smell.
-The beds were comfortable although small
-The bathroom area was not very clean
- Breakfast area was dirty but the food was okay but nothing to right home about,
-The hotel did have free wifi but couldnt connect to it through the hotel computer
- The tv was something out of the stone age, only a couple of channels,which we couldnt really watch as the picture was really bad

Location is good, there is a gas station, burger kings, and dairy queen in the same location, and opposite is destination daytona - which is full of bars and a HUGE harley Davison store (If you are into bikes then you will love Destination Daytona) I do reccommend you vistit Destination Daytona

Overall, if your your looking for somewhere to get your head down after a long flight for a couple of quid then its ok but its nothing more. I'd reccommend the super 8 which is next door, same price and 100% better quality in all matters ( we moved there for a few days)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stopped here twice on our way to Disney World. It's about 10 minutes from the beach which is great for our kids to see the ocean and collect seashells Our hotel room is always clean and quiet. They have a nice pool as well. They are usually very friendly and helpful. The breakfast isn't fancy but it is sufficient. It a perfect over night stop for our family of four.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Zephyrhills, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The room had an odor to it that was so bad I had to get a can of Fabreze from the front desk in order to sustain it. The bathroom was decently stocked with towels, soap and shampoo. The room did not have a microwave or a refridgerator. The TV channel selections were average, nothing special. The complimentary breakfast was ok, would've been nice to have biscuits and gravy as a breakfast item. If you're looking for a place to sleep, take a shower, eat a muffin or pastry and have a cup of coffee this motel is for you. I doubt I'd stay here again in the future, leaves something to be desired.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

NIGHTMARE! I booked 2 rooms 2 nights on Pricelines name your own price. It was a good deal. I DID NOT book smoking rooms! The manager told me I did, I said I did NOT! So he said he would help me out by only charging me 5 bucks per night per room and of course tax! I paid it by cash & did NOT like the fact he took copies of our driver's liscense and then had a hard time remembering to give them back. That's not even the worse part! My 1 & 2yr old grand kids were playing in the closet and the 1yr old comes out holding 2 USED & NASTY BANDAIDS! NOT A VERY CLEAN ROOM! The box springs were NASTY! Looked like someone had been killed in the room! I AM AN AMERICAN & LIVE IN AMERICA, I wish people from other countries would speak ENGLISH in front of me! I could understand if one of them didn't speak English but both did! RUDE! Paying $10 a night is to much for this hotel! Fridge didn't work, we lost ice cream drum sticks, milk and other items. We were out for the day and didn't know. Rooms smelled like urine! We left after the first night!!! Giving them our money not to stay there was. Rotter than staying!

• Stayed July 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My son and I stopped on the way from SC to South FL. We were so tired when we arrived, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable enough. This hotel is located in a big motorcycle/ biker area. I decided not to use the pool. It's almost on the property of another older motel. The breakast was all sugary, refined carbs--definitely not for someone on a low sugar diet, but I figure you get what you pay for.
The only real complaint I have is when I called to cancel a reservation I had made for a week later. We decided to drive further up the coast into GA. When I called, the man was very friendly as he had been, but the second I said I wanted to cancel, his attitude was noticeably changed. He was cold and short, not nearly as friendly. I always stay at Wyndham hotels, but I probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Selby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We were supposed to stay here for 2 nights but only stayed for 1 night,The motel looks fair enough but the carpets did smell a bit and the toilet did not flush properly,The police were always around about the property which makes you think it is not safe but we had no problems on that score,There are plenty of fast food outlets about but some have closed down,Sign of the times.Got bitten at this property but dont know what from.I think I must have stayed at a different motel than the other revewers.

Room Tip: Its ok for a 1 night stay
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesquite
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Have stayed here twice. Both times I have received friendly, courteous service. The rooms are clean and quiet. They are equiped with Micro-fridges, good Wifi, and plenty of TV channels. The breakfast is pretty standard fare but fresh (I've been places where you could play hockey with the bagels) and you csan make your own waffles. Will definately stay here the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Ormond Beach/Daytona? Share your experiences!