“Meet you at Lulu's” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 177 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Ormond Beach, FL
“Meet you at Lulu's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

What a fun place! Great outside seating on a big patio (okay to smoke out there!). Their flatbread specials are the best. I prefer the specials and the salads to the regular menu. Their Ahi Tuna is very good. Live music on the patio. Great service in the big bar area.

Ormond Beach
“Good food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

Very nice restaurant and very friendly staff. Food and service were both great and would recommend this restaurant to everyone visiting in the Ormond Beach area.

Chicago
“An okay place to grab dinner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

We ate here and sat outside. The food was okay, nothing that was memorable enough to go back for. The food is the quality of an Applebees in my opinion, however, the prices are double that. The food isn't bad.

Cuse
“Been there, done that”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

Lulu's gets two stars, but only because the building is pretty new, so it's still pretty attractive. However, I was not impressed by my experience there.

The staff: The hostesses were not very friendly. Our waitress looked really "rough", and seemed to have a chip on her shoulder. Personal hygiene and attitude is important, but especially so in that profession. The table next to us did have a waitress that seemed normal. Still, most restaurants don't have that much of a variance.

The food: Here is where I was very disappointed. The descriptions on the menu are beautiful and I had no trouble finding 10 things that I would eat. When I actually got my meal, it look beautiful, but tasted horrible. It was so bland. I'm having trouble describing just how bland it was. Literally, no flavors at all. We did have an appetizer that was equally as boring. How disappointed we were. To find good food is obviously why we go out to eat.

I thought it was odd that there were hardly any people there when we went in. Usually new restaurants like that are always packed. Perhaps many other people had my excitement and expectations when they first went in, only to find apathetic service and bad food. This one gets a "been there, done that".

Palm Coast Fl
“Ormond Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

Wow! What a beautiful restaurant, and only a couple of months old! There were so many items to choose from and I finally decided on the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wrap...What a great choice...how tasty.To me it was a combo of something from the islands, but with a oriental flare, almost reminisant of Peking Duck!!!! Just delicious! It was served with a very nice pasta salad, with a side dip of ranch dressing.
The atmosphere was just remarkable, very very upscale modern, with great pictures of bathing beauties of the 50's. The background music sounded to me to be around the late 50's early 60's . I enjoyed it tremendoulsy...If it were just a little cooler, I would have loved to dine on there wonderful patio adornded with unbrella tables and also a linai area too.. Next time for sure, because dining alfresco is a great treat for me...I will certainly tell all my friends to drop by and see for themselves what a great place is just off the beach! Don't miss this one for sure!!!! By the way, the service was very curtious, especially at such a busy time. The cheff stopped by to ask how everything was, and I always love it when than happens...I was proud to say how much I was enjoying the atmosphere and such a delicious choice..Bravo Lulu's, I love it!!!