“Completely disappointed in an old favorite!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 176 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Completely disappointed in an old favorite!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

We took our son here for his 18th birthday. He always picks this restaurant for special occasions. Even though I find the prices high, it has always been good enough to justify the bill. My daughter ordered the Filet. The "chef" cooked up 2 filets and some new york strip. He gave all the filet to another person at the table and gave my daughter the strip steak. When I mentioned she had ordered the filet, he said " yes , that was the filet". I tried again and told him, " no, that was defininely a new yok strip. He never would admit he gave her the wrong steak. No manager came over to apologize. Nothing but a $2 adjustment on our check. I had also mentioned to the waiter that it was my son's birthday because they always come out with a gong and sing. Well, we didn't get that either. Can't say that I will go back here again. For $20-25 a plate , they need to pay more attention to the customer satisfaction. I tried emailing the manager, but the email listed on the website is not valid.

Visited January 2012

Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States
“GREAT food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Liked the food, the decor, the ambience, the service, the wine. I'd go back.

Visited December 2011
palm coast
“Beyond any Benihana expectations and more !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I don't know about you but a japanese steakhouse was not my first choice for fine dining. When I hear japanese I think hibaci and sitting around a grill with 8 other people I don't even know. The other end of the spectrum can be compared to the "gold" standard - the Benihana chain. These are usually high end and expensive.

Takeya can certainly qualify as high end but expensive it's not. If you are looking for good value for your money and a good meal to boot, this is the place. I don't think that the japanese eat "japanese" everynight but you could easily eat in Takeya a few times a week and not repeat a meal unless that was your desire. Whether it's steak, hibaci, seafood, sushi - Takeya has it all. You don't have to eat at the grill, there is plenty of traditional table service. Do you like to eat a the bar - go ahead and choose either the sushi bar or the beverage bar.

Try it soon for a great eating experience.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kissimmee, Florida
“A Very Good Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My friend and I visited this restaurant for dinner. We sat at the Teppanyaki table, which offered the usual utensil-flipping show that is to be expected at a Japanese steakhouse. The restaurant is beautiful and the food was properly prepared and tasted very good. I will definitely visit this restaurant again!

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Flagler Beach, Florida
“Great food; just wish they had more specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

I don't understand why this doesn't have higher reviews. Best Japanese restaurant I have ever been to. They put any other white sauce or yummy yummy sauce (whatever you want to call it) to shame. The food is equally as amazing. I do wish they would have more specials though. At least drink specials? Other than that, it's amazingly delicious. You won't leave here hungry. Oh helpful hint... If you don't like or don't want the veggies, say you want no veggies, extra rice (fried rice that is). It doesn't cost any extra.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere